(8) Kentucky vs (2) Michigan, 5:05 PM, CBS

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Mar 30, 2014.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +503
    The problem is you can't trap him without fouling him. It's ok if he drops a shoulder and bulls over the opponent, but you better not touch foul him or it's flagrant (ok, that was melodramatic).
  2. Angaza

Angaza Member

Ratings Received:
    +76
    The explanation for that still baffles me. I don't hate Kentucky, Cal or have any vitriol for them like others here do and for those that do to cheer for them against Wichita State, an inoffensive team if I've seen one, was really surprising and funny. Even if you think Wichita State is a team of pretenders, there are months and hundreds of Kentucky hate posts. That's a lot of history to discard for a midmajor team.
  3. CASontag

CASontag Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +172
    Good point.

If the scenario was

1) UF plays Wichita St in the final and loses to them making Wichita St the first undefeated team to win it all since Indiana in 1976, a team comprised of many juniors and seniors that may not have future NBA careers but played team ball all year long.
    vs
    2)UF plays UK and loses to UK, a team made up of many highly talented freshman players most of whom might decide to go pro after only one year and played below their potential for most of the year and only really came together until the NCAA tournament (or maybe a little earlier in the SEC tournament where they played much better).

I think I would prefer the 1st scenario (though I would still be very unhappy about a Gator loss). At least in the 1st scenario, college basketball history would be made and show that like the Shockers and the Gators, when you stick around and play together as a team, you can overcome perceived talent deficiencies vs. other teams that have projected NBA ready talent that will only stay one year in college.

Anyway it's a hypothetical scenario since Wichita St lost to UK. I just want the Gators to beat UConn, and then win it all vs either UK or Wisconsin. The opponent doesn't really matter, I just want the seniors to go out on the highest note possible (but if they should lose before then, I also have huge respect for all they have achieved this season, which has been so, so much).

Go Gators! :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,850
    Absolutely zero faulty logic here. Well said and I agree wholeheartedly.

And anyway, all signs point to the way Billy and the Gators are doing it, is the way. Regardless of what happens, we have the best team in the country and if we were full strength with our two losses, we are just shy of being undefeated all year and we are not just barely winning in the tourny, we are handily beating our opponents by double digits.
  5. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,773

But do they block, or charge ?