6 FSU players leaving early for draft

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Kerrdog, Jan 10, 2018.

1. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,538
    I'm genuinely sad he's gone and that I was late to this party.

I did not go there but I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about Cambridge. I was willing to lead the interrogation... :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +13,368
    Thing about this is, it's experienced talent they have to replace that's leaving. Losing half a dozen veterans early, added to the ones graduating, is a big blow to depth and team leadership imo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. OB1

OB1 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +984
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +202
    Back to the original poster's thoughts. I don't think anyone in his right mind can argue that all is well in Tally. A large number of early departures can be seen as a measure of success, lots of great talent, yada, yada, yada. That argument only holds water however, if that "great talent" is being replaced by new talent of equal or better quality. That kind of mass defection, including a very marginal NFL prospect, can also be viewed as rats abandoning a sinking ship.

If the early signing period was any indication, me thinks the SOW is likely entering a period of substantial decline. My impression of CWT's initial success, in both recruiting and assembling a staff, has been underwhelming to say the least. And while I'm generally loath to give credit to anyone connected to that blighted program, Jimbo could coach and we all know how well he recruited. As for the foolishness about a SOW degree being of similar value to one from UF - I'm left speechless that anyone could be that obtuse or dishonest with himself. But then again, he is a hole.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,691
    BillandMary - could care less how many colleges you attended. UF is up to number 9 as a public university. The only reason we are not ranked higher is due to class size, not quality. We have pride in our university. Go participate in a Georgia Tech or Cambridge board
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +11,300
    In case you haven’t heard......
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ExportGator

ExportGator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +714
    Takes off hat and places over heart. His doucheness will never be forgotten.

By the way, his real name is Tommy Flanagan. Yeah that's the ticket!

[​IMG]
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +13,368
    It's why I filter nolies over here. It seems every single one of them have the same modus operandi when they appear, and end up starting out with the same old, tired, entries...

1) "Been lurking here for a while so I thought I'd join in..."

2) "I'm not a troll or anything..." - My personal favorite btw, used by nolies impersonating Gators to give themselves cred to use to trash UF in some way.

3) If admits to being a Rape-SU fan, immediately lists a long line of fictional academic credientials in some desperate attempt to appear smarter than a bag of rocks, which usually have a higher IQ than they do.

4) The ones who use multiple aliases to argue the locals here with so they have "back-up" when they are getting cornered and losing an argument under one alias. They'll chime in under another alias to distract from that one, as well as have a few spare in case one gets banned.

And what's sad is that after years and years and years of watching these trolls do this, you get to where you can spot who they are by the topics they choose to argue, the specific phrases, words, and arguments they use, and even the screen-names they hide behind. You'd think after playing these childish troll games that an adult would actually grow up and stop acting like a ten year old.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1