55 million babies KILLED since Roe V Wade in 1973

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jan 22, 2014.

1. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The free sex without personal responsibility crowd must deny the humanness of an embryo lest their "social construct" house of cards fall apart. Advances in science will put an end to the barbarous age in which we presently live. The time will come when accidental pregnancies will no longer be possible and a woman's "right to choose" the death of the life within her will become a non issue. In that day all embryos will be "wanted" and regarded as precious. Until then the murder of innocent life will continue to be rationalized away.
  2. m9000

m9000 Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    So abortion is legal under the "right to privacy" but NSA keeping our phone call meta data isn't?

Abortion is probably one of the reasons the crime rate has been declining in the US in the last 25 years. I think ALL liberal women should have abortions - watch the crime rate continue to drop.
  3. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +691
    I wouldn't make too much of those so-called crime/abortion "studies." I traded e-mails with a co-leader of one such study and it was obvious to me he wasn't an expert.
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    wasn't an expert on what?
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,943
    You know what would turn the tide on abortion? Showing pictures of it.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  6. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,166
    Both a human zygote and human embryo are human in the same sense cells of human blood are human - there's no question about that. At some point a human embryo becomes a human being, it's when that occurs that reasonable people can disagree.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +730
    Yeah, well we'd all change our positions on you taking showers too if there were photos involved.

All: I'm not making fun of abortion. Just busting on Rick a little. He deserves it!

To try to posit a serious question, how many "babies" were killed in the same time frame before Roe? I ask because I don't know and I feel it's a legitimate factor in the equation. Constitutional/freedom/rights aside, I think we can all agree that non-professional abortions are outrageous. Has there ever been a credible estimate made?
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +686
    Number of abortions wouldn't be a too telling a number because our population in the US has added 100 million people in the last 40 years. What we would need is number of abortions versus population size, and due to the criminal nature of abortion before Roe, numbers are impossible. But we do know that world-wide, criminalizing abortion does little to nothing to stop it. We also know that abortions have been going on in the US regardless of legality. For a good link on abortion history, click here. Please note that during the Great Depression, abortion numbers were reported to rise and accounted for a large number of maternal deaths.

In short, criminalizing abortion might have a very short term effect of slowing the number of abortions down. But as soon as the back alleys open, the number would rise again. Meanwhile, the safety would decrease.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Of course, a direct comparison of the most meaningful kind would need rates, though if we had a good estimate of counts, we can create the rates. But counts themselves can have some meaning. I mean, look at your post, abortion has been an issue well before it became legal which would suggest it is very much a non-zero number (heck, abortion goes way back in history before the founding of this country). In any case, eve in if we can't get exact numbers, we have a real sense of what happened and at this point, I doubt that determining such a number would have any effect on current the current debate.
  10. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,270
    In the end it is still about the killing of an unborn child-instead of a couple(the man has a responsibility also) being responsible up front they just say oh well we can just wipe out the life if it happens later- I understand that people are going to have sex-what I do not understand is why we have raised up generations of people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and how it is that so many just have such a low regard for human life
  11. JerseyGator01

Ratings Received:
    +691
    Yep, over 40% of abortions are now done on people who have had them before. So much for making abortion "rare" eh Bubba Clinton.
  12. JerseyGator01

Ratings Received:
    +691