4 spots left...probably 5...maybe 6

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gymgator, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    You guys are adorable with the optimism. Lauderdale is not coming to UF. I don't know why everyone is ignoring the fact that Harris said AFTER his UF visit that he is '100 percent' committed to FSU (not to mention that his last visit is to Miami). Everyone seems to think Prince is a sure thing. I doubt that. I still say Maryland, but some other schools are making a late push as well. And I still think Jackson stays out west.

Muschamp took half of the coaching staff to see a three star DT and WR in Georgia. http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/17585/contact-period-day-5-notes/. It doesn't seem to me like we have more prospects than available slots.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +920
    Bingo.
  3. gatorman814

gatorman814 Member

Ratings Received:
    +38

I agree with you on prince, hariss, and lauderdale but i really really really want adoree to be a gator. What makes you think you we don't land Adoree? Just curious
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    As far as I am aware, he has no official visit to UF and none scheduled. On the other hand, he is from Cali and has had numerous unofficial visits to USC to the extent that he was essentially hanging out in their locker room during game days. I have no inside info, but that does not make me optimistic.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. gatorman814

gatorman814 Member

Ratings Received:
    +38
    I heard that its between us and USC for his last official visit. Whoever lands that most likely lands him...but that's just what i heard
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    He's not from california. He's from Belleville illinois. His parents are in illinois and champ even went in home with his parents in Illinois while adoree was still in season. He also wasn't to thrilled about the staff Chang and the fact that ed o. Was not retained. He came to Florida on a unofficial and stayed from Friday to monday. He had the red carpet treatment and tour of everything from the track to the football field and everything in between.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    No offense but This comes off very condescending

Especially when you say this :
    And with out that ^^^^ all you have is a gut feeling to our optimism. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    "@ZachAbolverdi: @glenn22primo As of now I think Harris will flip to Florida."

"It was a great visit,” said his father and head coach, Tim Harris. “He felt real comfortable with everything the coaches laid out for him. They did a great job. His relationship with Florida is gaining a lot of ground. This weekend was a great stepping stone.” -Tim harris ( Treon father and head coach.

Http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/17561/recruiti…

Here you go.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    "@ZachAbolverdi: “@LukeStampini: LSU RB commit Darrel Williams says he still plans to visit UF tomorrow.”
  10. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +920
    Sweet.

What I see though is LSU only has Fourtnette, no RB in 2013 class, one or two 2012. Doesn't seem like LSU has over recruited RB so will be interesting to see if he settles back into the idea of being in a class with LF.
  11. gatorman814

gatorman814 Member

Ratings Received:
    +38

good read thanks
  12. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    No problem. If you don't already, you should keep up with Zach abolverdi. You don't have to have twitter to read his stuff, it's public and he writes for the Gainesville sun.

I've always found his work nice and informative since he interviews and calls the recruits himself. And whatever news isn't his original he is at least re tweeting it asap. I found him very useful last nsd.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. adgator

adgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +173
    Don't sleep on Andrew Mike a big OT who is on his OV this weekend and currently commited to Arizona. My guess is we close withe Adore,Harris,Prince,Mike,McKenzie and either Lo or the DE from LSU Davon (won't try and spell his last name. Nothing wrong in getting 2 more on the OL and Adore is most special athlete to come along in a long while. Track is what will seal the deal with Gators.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +920
    Crazy generous.
  15. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,323
    Is Andrew still committed? Another site says he's uncommitted.
  16. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    I am confused. Because Zach (who has been consistently very optimistic himself and was over optimistic in his projections over the past two years) says that Harris had a good visit and UF is making progress, you think you should ignore the fact that Harris himself tweeted after the visit that he is 100% committed to FSU because he loves Jimbo?
    • Boring Boring x 1
  17. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    Thanks - I was not aware of all of that, though he still has seen more of USC, is more familiar with the school, and has a stronger nexus to Cali than to Florida. I certainly would not be shocked if he came to UF, though the significant majority of national experts are projecting USC and I do not see the clear reason for our optimism.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr Member

Ratings Received:
    +72
    I didn't mean to be condescending. You seem to confuse not having "inside" info (by the way, no one has "inside" info unless a player has taken them into their confidence) with only having a "gut" feeling. I can explain, for example, why I do not think he will get Harris--and did so above. I can also cite something which should be obvious: if you have a number of guys who are up in the air and considering multiple schools, it is inherently optimistic to simply project that we will get all of them. Now, it is true that our weak closes over the past two years makes me a bit pessimistic. In particular, I recall being slammed as a sort of "prince of darkness" for my projections two years ago when, in fact, I was being overly optimistic and we got even fewer of the remaining prospects than I had projected. But I think even someone without my bias would say that it is optimistic to expect that we will land Harris and even more optimistic to expect that we will land Harris and Prince and Jackson, etc.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,424
    You called a group of grown men "adorable". Let's not try to kid anyone, including yourself, about whether that was intended to be condescending. It is what it is.

I agree that we tend to be overly optimstic, but that is in part due to the nature of this thread... it's a wish list. Obviously, I'd love it if we could flip Bo, but it doesn't mean I (or anyone else expressing that wish) believes it will happen.

While we're doing the wish list thing, we just need to be realistic about how we view the "close" of this class. In the last month, we've already flipped Tabor, Powell, Holley and Porter, along with signing Sharpe and Savary, and apparently holding onto JC Jackson. We lost Cook and Lane, but on the net, that is damned good.

We appear to be very much in the mix for Adoree, Prince, Mike, and Mackenzie. And we're working hard to try to flip more elite players including Harris and Carter. We also appear to have some very strong players with great potential in the wings, like Cajuste and McWilliams. Of course, none of them are ours to just take, and can't be viewed that way.

Adding any of them just adds to a strong close, and no doubt we'll add some.. although it won't match any of our pie in the sky wish lists. And that's okay.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,394
    "@joshFHSFEven with Deiondre Porter committing to Florida tonight I still think Treon Harris will flip to Florida on NSD.

treon_zps97e32c11.jpg

I haven't been able to find your "100% committed to fsu" tweet, but I did find another tweet from another recruiting analyst.

So I see your "100% committed" and I raise you a picture of Treon decked out in all gator gear.

And to answer your question, yes if he did tweet "100% committed" than we should ignore it just as we should have ignored what dalvin said about him being committed. ......all the way to the last millisecond before he added the word "state" behind the university of florida.