4 spots left...probably 5...maybe 6

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gymgator, Jan 15, 2014.

1. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    I think these 3 have a spot waiting for them on signing day.
    1 OT D. Prince
    1 DE L. Carter
    1 ATH Adoree Jackson

One or three of these could all be part of the class with the expected JC Jackson flip & D. Angus reported grade concerns.
    1 RB- J. Jones or D. Scott (Both visit this month)
    1/2 WR- McKenzie &/or Lauderdale

Anyone have a different board than this of the first choice of where those spots would go?
  2. coach

coach Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +286
    Would love to somehow flip Bo.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,077
    I think out of the 3 we have the best chance with Prince. Carter is going to Georgia and Adoree is a strong lean towards LSU.
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    Bo don't know UF.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    Everything I've been reading is that JC was still solid to us. Has this since changed?

I also figured if Adoree doesn't come to Gainesville, he's going to SoCal. Maybe I'm mistaken there as well. I still feel we have a pretty legit shot at him, wouldn't count him out just yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    My post was more about staff priorities. The three listed will have ships open for them all the way until signing day and would not be turned away for any reason. To my best understanding, those are the only three that have that opportunity. I know Lane said we didn't pull his offer, and we probably didn't, but if BOTH McKenzie & Lauderdale want to commit to UF, we might just not try to call him.

I read that JC Jackson was opening telling people at all star game, he was going to fsu. Zack A. included it in his update that he wasn't coming to UF. I know the uncle said he was, so speculation is fsu told him they are full and Miami could be his landing spot. He is a great player and I would love to have him, just everything says, he wants to "shock" people with the last minute flip from UF and NO GATOR is allowed to be surprised.

I think we WANT a RB, WR, DL & DB for the 4, for sure spots. Prince at OT is worth a +1 ship, but depth will no longer be an excuse for the OLine. Youth, maybe, but not depth.

Maybe Carter liked the UGA DC and he eliminated fsu, so perhaps that won't be a plus for him.

Adoree Jackson is my #1 hope, pray, wish, dream, etc player I want in this class. He will be a difference maker like VH3. LSU has a strong shot, but UF should be there in the end.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TrillGator

TrillGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +191
    I think we have a better chance at adoree than people think. This guy wants to be an Olympian and we can provide that opportunity and we have recruited him harder than anybody. No doubt LsU provides that opportunity as well. I don't see us missing on prince at this point with Tabor on board and his relationship with summers. As far as runningback I think Jeff jones stays north, and derrel Scott is a gamecock. That will allow Lauderdale and Mckenzie. Look for guys like deiondre porter to serve as fillers, which is fine with me. I would also like to see us end up with treon Harris but that just depends on if roper knocks his visit out of the park and I haven't seen enough of Ropers recruiting ability to make a prediction there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Franco1678

Franco1678 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Are we gonna sign any LB's?
  9. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    I don't think we're too worried about LBs this class. Especially since we play so much in the nickel and dime packages, we're looking for those bigger safeties who are versatile enough to move up into the box when necessary. Now, the 2015 class is apparently loaded with stud LBs so I imagine we will just hold off and work on building some of those relationships to hopefully have a nice haul next year.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,567
    After losing Lane, I'd like to see us get Lauderdale, who is very similar in build and athleticism. If nothing else, he'd probably get on the field sooner. He's physically more mature, plenty fast and put up good numbers in the Cali JUCO league. It looks like he's a UF lean, though he still has a couple of visits to make and hasn't been to G'ville since fall.

I'm with everyone else in wanting Prince and A. Jackson. I'm over it with Carter. We'll have to fill the Buck spot next year. There's tons of talent in state next year and after we win 12 or 13 games, they'll all want to come to UF. Or maybe we only win five or six, fire Will, bring back Mike Shanahan and then they'll all want to come to UF.
  11. gatordude15

gatordude15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    I still don't understand where all of this sudden Adoree Jackson to LSU stuff is coming from. I understand that they have a shot, as they have had throughout the whole process, but he has said time and again that UF has recruited him the hardest, he is closest to our track coach, and wants to go to the best place for him to compete for track in the Olympics, which would be UF BY FAR. I know that he mentioned that LSU is a good place for him in an interview about 4 months ago or so, but he has done nothing but been pro gator as far as I've seen. Maybe that is just me with my O&B glasses on, but I think he is Florida bound come signing day, and will be the first big time playmaking recruit UF will have had on the offensive side of the ball in years.

Go Gators
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,861
    We need the biggest lineman and the fastest backs to compete in this league. Some of which we already have. I want Adoree Jackson for sure...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +372
    We aren't recruiting him as a CB?
  14. gatordude15

gatordude15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    To tell you the truth, I've heard it both ways, that we are recruiting him at WR and CB. With Tabor now in the fold, maybe that moves him over to WR. But then again, our chances at pulling in Mckenzie (even though he is a slot) and Lauderdale look pretty good, so maybe he is on D. Either way, he should help improve our football and track programs. Can't wait to see him in O&B.
  15. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +1,077
    He's been wearing a lot of LSU gear lately, not that it means anything.
  16. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    "After a month off the recruiting trail due to the dead period the Florida Gators look to start things up strong this weekend with their first official visitor weekend of the new year. This weekend the Florida Gators will host eight official visitors, including a new name along the offensive line.

Not only are the Gators playing host to several visitors this weekend, but many of their top targets will also visit elsewhere this weekend as well.

Five-star offensive tackle Damian Prince will officially visit South Carolina this weekend with his uncle. Right now it looks as if Maryland has the slight edge for this Rivals100 member with Florida and South Carolina looking to make a move.

Five-star athlete and Alabama commit Bo Scarbrough will officially visit Tuscaloosa this weekend and is still looking for a school to get his fifth and final official visit. The Gators are one of the schools fighting it out for Scarbrough's final visit.

Three-star FSU commit C.J. Worton was offered by the Gators last week and will host him on an official visit at the end of this month. This weekend he will be in Morgantown visiting West Virginia.

Three-star wide receiver Charles Nelson will be out west visiting USC for his first of five allotted official visits. The Gators have been hot and cold in their talks with Nelson and may not be a finalist for his services.

Three-star offensive tackle Andrew Mike will officially visit Arkansas this weekend before officially visiting UF on January 24th. The Gators are a team in a very good place for his services due in part to new special teams coach Coleman Hutzler.

Rivals100 defensive end Malik McDowell will officially visit FSU this weekend. He is considered a lock to stay in state and attend either Michigan State or Michigan. He visited UF officially back in December but doesn't seem too high on the Gators.

Three-star offensive tackle Derrick Kelly will officially visit LSU this weekend. It's been over a month since he officially visited Gainesville and it seems the Gators' chances are fading.

Rivals100 four-star defensive end Lorenzo Carter will also officially visit LSU this weekend. It's a Florida-Georgia battle right now for this top end but LSU and Florida State are sleepers.

Arizona State will host JUCO wide receiver Eric Lauderdale, with the Sun Devils the team to watch out for as far as giving the Gators the most competition. At this time Lauderdale has UF on top for his services and is planning to make a decision later this month.

Three-star offensive guard Jordan Sims will officially visit Mississippi State this weekend per a source. Gainesville is still up in the air as an official visit destination and looking less and less like an option."- See more at: http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1598662#sthash.TEkGZVb8.dpuf

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1598662
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,425
    Seems like we have very good shots at Adoree, Prince and Lauderdale.

If we land those three and keep the rest of our class, we've done a great job, and met every need with very good players, except for Buck and depth at QB.

So in terms of need, I think we'd have to hope for Carter and Harris next.

Bo is an absolute plus one, grand slam that you have to take. For this offense as well as special teams, I think I'd make Mackenzie a plus one, too.

There's probably no way we get them all, but if all of them wanted in, can we take seven guys?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +1,077
    @ZachAbolverdi: #UF lands Deiondre Porter one week after offering him. #Gators now have 21 commits in their 2014 class and four more scholarships availabe.
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,396
    I like the way you think ...12 or 13 games next year, like it
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +489
    I'd like Treon Harris over Lauderdale or Lane, Isaiah McKenzie, Adoree' Jackson, & Damian Prince. We might have another available scholarship that was a one-year deal given to a walk-on.
    • Useful Useful x 1