3rd Down Offense

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by sHiNeR2, Oct 1, 2013.

1. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    I am going to have to disagree on the idea that UM was a very good team. They are probably better than average, but we shot ourselves in the foot in that game. I believe if Murphy was our qb that game, we beat them on their field by 10 points running our conservative game plan. I don't know, but we were looking hard pressed to beat UT when JD was there. I don't want to disparage JD, because I was always a fan of his, but Murphy's making a big difference in the way we execute.
  2. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    bingo. theres been a visable improvement since TM took over. it did seem like UT was going to be miami all over again. after the pick six i was thinking here we go again and was really losing patience with JD. i didn't see at that point JD was hurt and i always think athletes being injured is a shame. but i think your post is right on point geaux
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,991
    I love that play, blocked punt for a TD, in your sig, SkyChimp.
  4. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,663
    Miami was a good enough team to take advantage of our mistakes. We've had many wins over the years where we turned the ball over 4+ times. Also, remember that Miami also made mistakes that resulted in Florida points.

They are a much better team than the 7-5 team that played last year, which was slightly above average.
  5. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,075
    I don't see how Murphy could have prevented Matt Jones or Trey Burton from fumbling or Marcus Maye from getting beat. And Murphy thew an almost identical interception against Kentucky that Driskel threw against Miami on the shallow out to Driskel. Now,he may have been more efficient in general, so you could have a point there, but signal callers get excessive blame when things go wrong and excessive praise then things go well.

I don't see how we would have been hard pressed to beat UT with Driskel, either. The guy had two drives, one of which was stinted because of a penalty and the second his injury/int. And it wasn't like the offense was humming in the second quarter under Murphy. It was after the halftime adjustments that we started moving the ball.