34 Year Old Female Teacher Arrested For Sex With 15 Year Old Student

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Jaggator, Oct 31, 2013.

1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,742
    Actually, a victim's sexual history is scrupulously barred from evidence in a rape case with only very narrow and specific exceptions, yet consent is a defense. It is just argued from other facts, because anyone's sexual history is mostly irrelevant to whether or not they consented to a specific sex act. My paradigm would allow, for instance, this accused to argue consent on two levels -- first, that the alleged victim had the mental and emotional ability to consent l, and second that he actually did. But you don't really need to air his/her sexual history to do that. The point to me, is to let a jury weigh facts about the actual power mechanics and individuals in the case and not just sweep it aside on the basis of their respective ages.

How many of us here lost our virginity prior to the respective age or majority? Or the applicable age of consent? It is rhetorical, I am not taking a poll, but think about it, go back to that age, do you think it was more the exception or the rule that you and your peers were fully capable of deciding to have sex of your own free will?
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    Thanks for the correction on evidence allowed.

Certainly there are many kids that have sex before 17. I think their maturity to handle that situation is not necessarily in sync with them doing it, but perhaps it could be determined in court. Not sure there are good objective measures of emotional intelligence, maturity and the level of empowerment any specific individual has to say No... but that is the type of information you'd need.