3 crazy predictions today.....(probably destined to go wrong)

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 14, 2013.

1. born2beagator

born2beagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,394
    Why. I'd have given up 2 ad 3 for 1
  2. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    Bad drunken selections on my part. Let's just say it's always a nice day when OSU loses.
  3. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    The only "consistency is that you can't seem to understand what I'm saying. Let me try again:

IF not for the 2 interceptions then it would have been clear that Johnny outplayed him.

BUT that didn't happen because Johnny threw 2 interceptions. Therefore, Johnny's actual performance went from "mind blowing" down to "exceptional."

Had he not thrown those picks he would have outplayed AJ. But he didn't do that. He threw 2 picks. So their performances were even.

So, once again: I never said he outplayed AJ. I said he "would have had he not thrown those 2 picks." But he did throw the picks. Saying he outplayed AJ was a hypothetical. It was an "if." It didn't happen. It wasn't real.

That was like me saying if the Gators QB had thrown no picks and had completed all his passes and had thrown for 4TDs then he would have played better than AJ and you running around saying I claimed Driskel outplayed AJ.

I never said any such thing. You are putting words in my mouth.
  4. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    Putting words in your mouth? No, you're backing off an earlier statement in this thread. Now I really am done. Good day.

5. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    LMAO!

How on earth do you think "AJ didn't even come close to outplaying him" is the same thing as "Johnny outplayed AJ?"

Please explain that to me.

Yes, I think you had better run because that will spare you from having to admit what is already very clear - you just misunderstood everything I said in this thread. And we can't admit a mistake now can we? See ya. :wave:
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,210
    This is an odd statement/assumption. If one were to place two players on a performance continuum and player A did not come close to besting player B, it might stand to reason that player B outplayed player A. Am I misinterpreting something? I think you would have been better off sticking to your guns and suggesting that JM outplayed AJ.
  7. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    This is tiring. Reread your entire post quoted above. If you think that you didn't say JM outplayed AJ then please reword in the future. That is all.
  8. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    That might normally true except I made it clear that I felt both QBs were equal. When it's a tie neither player "outplayed" the other.

When 2 players played equal and it is clear that "player A did not come close to besting player B" it DOESN'T "stand to reason that player B outplayed player A." Neither one outplayed the other. They were equal.
  9. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    I clearly didn't say that and nobody else had a problem understanding what I said.

I said that Johnny had a better statistical game but he threw 2 big interceptions that wiped out his statistical advantage and left them both having equally great games.

I said if he didn't throw those 2 interceptions then he had a better game than AJ, BUT the fact is that he did throw those 2 interceptions, so I called them equal.

I can't fathom why you were unable to understand what I clearly said but your continued harping that I should "reword" what I say because only you saw something that wasn't there is ridiculous.

You probably read too fast but the mistake was yours, not mine.
  10. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +600
    Stop, this is embarrassing. Jff is a much better player, end of story.