Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 Class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yes you’ve said it many times and no it doesn’t bear repeating. All you’re saying is that it’s ok for “fans” to threaten Coach’s job security, fuel negative social media, and raise the pitchforks and make Coach’s job even more difficult UNTIL Coach can overcome all these obstacles and satisfy these demanding “fans” on the field. In short, you’re saying it’s perfectly fine to be hostile bandwagon fans.

This is straight up bullshit — the antithesis of “in all kinds of weather we’ll all stick together “

• Winner x 8
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Did you watch The Swindle and not get angry?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    That game stopped existing in my universe about 3 months after it happened. The opposing team and referees were banished to Hell. Please refrain from bringing it up in the future.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Well buddy that’s the angriest I’ve ever been over “sports”, which was the topic of your post. And I’ll NEVER forget

Then again, going back to your post, perhaps I’m the problem

5. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    :devil:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You might want to get that stutter looked at Fox

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    I respectfully disagree about not having high hopes. Billy has infused a lot of talent, plus they're deeper at every position. The OL added 2 Ts that should be massive for that unit, literally. Plus there were a couple FR last year that will contribute after losing a couple average players. I also think adding Asa to the S group will be a bigger impact than we think as he was recruited by & played for Harris.

• Like Like x 5
  8. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    So the lack of talent excuse shouldn't be used next season. No one doubts this staff can bring in talent.
    It's either this staff can coach on the P2 level or they can't.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What are you really trying to say?
    Never mind - I know

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. supduc

supduc Junior

Nov 30, 2016
    Where did I say all that? Lol

The poor on field performance ultimately lies with the head coach. Full stop. Like any public facing role, they're going to face criticism. It's no different than articles saying "XXX's stock price has declined for the third year in a row since the current CEO took over, is it time for a direction change?" It happens everywhere.

We can be supportive of the team and still be aware of the shortcomings and have standards/expectations of a championship program.

Some people just love to tout "In AlL kInDS oF WeAtHeR" like it's some kind of USSR party tagline and present it like we aren't supposed to question the process at all when it's underperforming. "All is fine, comrade, there is no grain shortage. Nothing to see here."

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    I was drawn to this post to read what others are saying about the 2025 class. A few are WAY OFF topic! I can name that tune, "Whiners From the Carolinas." I am pumped about our 2024 class and BN is already making offers into 2026. I am excited about Waltez Clark! Ran an 11.1 100m as a sophomore, with a 9.9 ypc; and 27 passes for 512 yards! That averages out to almost 20 yards per catch. DAYUM!!! It's stuff like this that should excite the hell out of Gator fans!

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    Some need to heed the wisest man who ever lived.
    "Don’t bad-mouth your leaders, not even under your breath, ...even in the privacy of your home. Loose talk has a way of getting picked up and spread around. Little birds drop the crumbs of your gossip far and wide."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Words to live by. Forever.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

15. mchess1

mchess1 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2022
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Great song, was surprised when we saw him last year and he didn’t perform this song.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    FYI my son goes to Plant HS and he said Kirby stopped by this past week via helicopter to see Waltez. I would guess based on the timing of his Georgia offer announcement, Kirby gave it to Waltez himself that day.

I really hope he sticks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

@supduc just wants to bang on the drum all day

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    UF is not lacking talent for the '24 season, no. It's can the S&C, nutrition, & ACs get that maximized. I believe they can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Maybe he just doesn't want to work...fortunately, BN doesn't seem to have that issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow, what a well spoken young man What a great addition to our soon to be great defense.

• Agree Agree x 1