2019 Recruiting Cycle Needs

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gator715, Apr 2, 2018.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,976
    I'd like to see two RBs in the next class. I don't see Clement playing the position long term at UF. He's an electrifying playmaker in space but not a strong runner at all.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12,193
    Even without Clement you return 4 quality backs with perine,lemons, Davis, and Pierce. Add a guy like Sanders and that gives you 5.....thats plenty in my book, especially with needs elsewhere.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12,193
    Him watching how uf does will not change how uf coaches view him.
    Right now they aren't high on him.
    He probably needs to tear it up on the camp circuit or come in and impress the coaches
  4. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,599
    I would agree with this. Although in one of the write-ups about the recent RB visits (I think the CA kid) he said the coaches mentioned Perine maybe leaving after next year. He's a solid player but I can't imagine him being drafted at this point, so that just may have been something to entice him.
  5. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,599
    I was wondering about him. Not to say we don't want one of the top QBs in the class, especially if he has legitimate interest in us, but is he that good to adjust the whole scheme around him or would be better off going after a DT?
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    I watched some of his film and he could get open and catch the ball against his competition but he looked like a slow man among boys. He's 6'5 and that's intimidating. Maybe his size is his weapon in HS but would not translate to much of an advantage at the next level? Just asking why staff might not be high on him. If I am wrong and he's faster than I saw why wouldn't we be on him as a WR/TE? He's going to add weight and likely 240+ eventually.

Maybe we are just not high on any player that's high on fsu because staff doesn't feel they can sway those players?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    Except for the dozen or so players from past few seasons that wash out at UF then become NFL sensations. Does Perrine lack speed, vision, moves, anticipation? Everything about our offense sucked under MacNuss and their assistants. If the NFL often drafts on god given potential he could be ok.

In 2017 Miss St had the 41st Scoring Offense(32ppg vs UF's 22ppg), 47th Total Offense, 11th Rush Offense with 251 per game vs UFs 155. That means our RBs could have better highlights if the new system comes together.

As an aside- and this baffles me- We had that #3 Red Zone offense last season while sporting the 108th Scoring Offense. I guess we just couldn't get the ball downfield often enough.
  8. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    I'll say this, no matter the position we need SPEED if we are going to run a Mullen Offense.

We need "Nasty" OL with mobility.

And Ball Hawks in the DB.

AND Attitude over stars
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +12,193
    Yeah, I've only seen limited snaps so I really don' have a strong opinion on his game. I'm really not able to agree or disagree with how hard he should be pursued. That' why I think the camp circuit and 7v 7 stuff could really impact his recruitment
  10. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,570
    So....an entirely new roster!! :D
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,180
    Totally agree here. He is not the fastest guy on the field. He does kind of lumber down the field. But his size does make him hard to defend and he occasionally uses a tough stiff arm to keep tacklers off him. Some of his best plays are WR screens and he picks up 8-12 yards per play. He's not going to break off a big run but he catches the ball at the LOS, sticks his foot in the ground, usually makes the first guy miss, then falls forward on second contact 10 yards down the field. Dunnellon also uses him over the middle often and he is a problem for any defense when he gets behind the LBs. Again this guy was committed to us before (different staff) so we know he has interest in Florida. Makes me wonder what they see in Marks ranked at 933 when Goolsby is at 173.
  12. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    Good point. My question above is more a suspicion- though one that would be unpopular here- does the staff shy away from players that seem sold on fsu?
  13. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,180
    I hope not. I could see that in different interest levels with any school but this early you would think everybody is still open game.
  14. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,230
    I'm with you Notorious, DLine and OLine are absolutely vital in this class.

A minimum of 2 WRs, 3 would be better, but likely only 1 RB.

Maybe only 1 TE, but 2 would be good given that both Stevens and Lewis are Srs.

QBs, 2, only if 2 good ones want to be Gators. If, as I expect, both Trask and Franks prove to be quality Spread QBs, this apparent need will not appear so vital as most think.

Lbs, 2 OLs and 1 IL given the shortages here. Umstead Sanders may prove to be good. He's got the size and he's got good speed.

DB - 3, or 4 I'd say. There are 9 Sophs on the Roster right now, although I expect that to drop to at most 7 after spring practice, still a lot in one class, and right now, Watkins is playing CB, so, that's 4 frosh DBs with no RS among them. 11 over a 2 year period is just too many at the same time. I think 3, 4 if a 5* wants in.

3 DEs and 1 or 2 DTs are needed in the Dline. Once again, circumstances are that all 4 of the Gators True DTs are Sophs. It's just insane the way that has worked out.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,555
    I think it was John emery out of Louisiana. Perine isn't going to leave after next year. He's the only back our coaches could throw in as possible departure to thrill this kid with less competition. Even though the kid says he says zero concerns regarding competition.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,061
    Mullen was known to pull offers from kids that visited ole miss when he was at msu.
  17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,976
    Perine lacks speed. He'd better have a great season before he leaves because he's not likely to have a great combine.
  18. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    Yet we stole him from Bama.
  19. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    That takes brass somethings. Don't think we can do that here unfortunately.
  20. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +5,642
    If I counted correctly that would be 20? Are we so weighted on our roster that we couldsuccessive classes of 20 and still be at 85?