Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ WR Mycah Pittman 6-0 185 Calabasus, West Lake, CA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorplank, Jul 29, 2017.

1. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Think there’s a story on the front page saying 2 won’t qualify (I assume one is the kid we stopped recruiting) which would put them one spot behind us (which doesn’t even include the receiver transfers or Krull)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    95% of the people on that website are dumber than a bag of hammers (that’s being optimistic).

Pretty sure he recruited better at MSU than anyone in their history. Pretty sure he also has a better record there than anyone in their history.

They loved Mullen until he came back to FL. They’re just butthurt. Don’t worry about what the spiteful ex has to bitch about when he brought them to places they’d never been before.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. HotelGM

HotelGM Senior

Aug 22, 2007
    Sounds a bit like we felt about Meyer...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He had a couple classes somewhat better than their norm but if you review you find it was not that much better. I don't put it all on the HC, it's the staff's job to recruit well. But, as we know, it's Mullen's staff and he brought them. I can't believe we don't have some major DL/LBs lining up. And I wish we could pull some 4* plus DBs. I did not like McElwain but it appeared he had some darn good recruiters on staff and that is half the battle to the end goal of being a great team.

I am still cautiously optimistic but the staff needs to get moving. It's still "early", more or less but it seems to me that they are going to need some major upsets to turn some heads before early signing. Defense is more important than Mullen's new offense. Defense and STs will keep us in some games and in the end help us win some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought youd have a running Excel spreadsheet going....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Goolsby?

7. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Our Dbs should all be 4* or better amongst;
    68 Chester kimbrough
    12 Kaiir Elam
    25 Josh Sanguinetti
    7 Chris Steele
    37 Jayden Davis (if he's still being recruited)
    13 Tyrique Stevenson

All 4 stars. And Steele may as well be a 5*. That's ALOT of talent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    To be fair, transfers from other schools are never figured into recruiting rankings by recruiting services....but JUCO's are. We landed Krull, who was a ranked JUCO TE, and we also landed LB Umstead Sanders, both of which should count towards our class rankings (although I do think only scholarship signees go into the rankings).

Adding a 5-star WR and a very productive 4-star WR transfer is huge. We also get Delance and Dunlap this year (a 3-star DT and a 4-star OT). If those 4 can play, that's 4 additions to the roster ready to play this season....plus Krull & Sanders. None of which counted towards our 2018 recruiting class. (and to be fair again, other schools get transfers as well, so we can't act like we added 6 players and no other school got any additions to their rosters).

If we get Higgins, I'm not worried about losing Pittman. It's a shame he wants to play at Oregon, but he does live on the west coast and I'm sure there's more pressure to play in the P12 vs. coming east.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If the staff can sign a kid from Bellflower CA and pull Kimbrough from Louisiana where his choices will also be LSU and Alabama I will tip my hat, eat my hat, then poop in my hand and taste of it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Gee, I think there's a little bit of a difference between Mullen and Urban Meyer.
    Dan Mullen did not lie to the administration at Mississippi State. Dan Mullen did not do what Urban Meyer did with the University of Florida and it's fanbase.
    The two comparisons are not even close.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Meyers not perfect but I will never forget the great seasons he brought us. The man can flat out coach. He sure could recruit too.

You may know more than others but after all he did for Gator Nation, I'm appreciative and thankful. Have ya noticed the last 8 years have been pretty bad years?

Even when winning Mac's offenses were so boring. And don't think I felt like we were winning big when Mac was here. Most teams that could play dominated us:
    FSU
    Bama
    Georgia
    Michigan-that bowl game was so embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, I never did understand the Dislike of Meyer. There was nothing like this regarding either Zook or Muschamp. I guess it had a lot to do with him saying he could no longer coach and then taking the post at Hated OSU.

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Bingo, not too hard to comprehend. Man up and take another job but don’t take one saban asswhoopin and put your tail between your legs. He couldn’t stand the heat and ran

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Posted this a few times. The saban myth is just that, a myth. I have a friend who played for the gators in the 90s and remained close to the program ever since. There is a belief amongst some players that Meyer didn't expect the Ohio state job to come open so quickly after he took the florida job. While not public, it was known in back channels that tressles time was limited and osu wanted urban. Combined with the loss of so much of his support staff and the stress of missing out on his dream job and probably some genuine personal conflict turning his back on Florida, Meyer really did have an emotional breakdown.

I'm one of those who resents him for the way he handled the whole situation. In the end I think the guy is a narcissist and he wormed His way to his dream job while failing to do what he asked his players to do, namely man up, adapt and overcome, soldier on etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently except for their current coach... I'm fine with Mullen because I believe we have enough to turn this around next year and then they come. I would be questionable if I was a recruit because no matter the coach, the offense has been shit for a long time. Which has translated into two losing seasons .. Nuff said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So nothing new on Pittman?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kirby

Kirby GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2009
    Spot on....

I always thought he had inside info that Tressel was in trouble and that the job would come open. It was a perfect storm for him. He also knew the cubbard was bare at QB so it was time to bale out

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    When I saw Urban's house for sale online, it became clear that he had not intended to stay long in Gainesville. It was nice, but not for someone making his kind of salary. It really added up for me then.

19. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Christian?

20. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Notorious Notes:

As much as i like Pittman hes only 5'11" and since ive been following his recruiting i dont remember oregon ever being talked about as a serious player until fairly recently.

Whether me miss on Pittman or not I want Higgins. Its been said hes the most college ready. Higgins is pretty jacked and we could use that kid. Hes a favorite of mine and i love that his family has posted a couple pics all decked out in gator gear.

Ive seen higgins listed at 6'3" 215-221. The only thing i need to look into is what type of offense Bowie HS runs because Higgins' stats are weak. (283 receiving yards and 3 total tds over 2 years)

Bonus: he dominated the US Army All American Combine. (He received offensive MVP) and his father George played WR at USF.

Elijah has earned an invite to the Under Armour AA Game. Hes now ranked #88 overall by 247.

EH is very close with Garrett Wilson (OSU commit) and theyve discussed playing together several times.

He said he was blown away by his visit to UF...the coaches are incredible and Gainesville feels like home to him.

From higgins;
    “It helped their (UF) case 110-percent,” Higgins said. “I loved it over there and the biggest thing that interests me about them was the direction they are moving in and the new coaching staff’s philosophy.”

“I’m from Florida, so that was one of the main reasons I made it back out there. It wasn’t too intriguing to me before I visited because I didn’t really talk to the coaches that much," Higgins told 247Sports Luke Stampini in a recent interview. "I wasn’t really feeling it, but when I went out there it changed my whole mindset about them, probably one of the best schools I’ve visited. The coaches,Dan Mullen was there in 2006 and 2008 with Urban Meyer and Coach Strong. He knows what he’s doing and I’m excited about that. Not many coaches can say they’ve been in that position before…I think he’s ready to roll and bring a championship back soon.”

Even since that June visit concluded, the Florida Gators have continued to gain more and more buzz in regards to this recruitment, and have also seen a run of 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions made over the last few weeks. At one point the Stanford Cardinal were the team on top of the predictions, but a run of five straight predictions for the Orange and Blue have the Gators sitting on top with 38-percent of the picks.

The Gators extended an offer to Higgins back in the spring, and immediately jumped into contention. At that time, Stanford was seen as the team to beat following a successful visit to Palo Alto in May. An unofficial visit as well as an official visit to Ohio State has also been made in the spring and summer month as well.

The Top100 pass catcher, has mentioned interest in making a verbal commitment soon, but has yet to formalize any set dates in state. Many believe Florida, Stanford, and Ohio State are the main competitors in this recruitment. For Higgins, it's a school that can offer the total package on and off the field that will land the talented wide out.

“Really somewhere I can go and be able to step on the field and know that if I can be hard enough and work my ass off, I’m going to be able to go out there and compete on the field and take a spot. That, and then knowing the coaches are going to be there for me. The relationships I have with the coaches, just feel comfortable really. I’m not going to go somewhere if I’m not feeling comfortable about it.”

Florida Gators football recruiting: 4-star WR Elijah Higgins projected to commit to UF

• Like Like x 4