2018 guess the football committments

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Kerrdog, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897
    13 signed in the early period, I am looking for 13 to sign in February
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,244
    You will be looking a long time.....no way they sign 13 more in Feb
  3. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897
    You don’t think so? How many?
  4. hotelgator

hotelgator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +137
    I think 13 is not out of the question! Depending how many we can count back to last year maybe 14?
  5. g8r925

g8r925 GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +422
    I really don't think we sign more than 25 due to the fact that we have 12 or so spots left and we will struggle to fill those with quality. I believe we have some really good players still in play but not 12 high caliber recruits that will fill the rest of the class. Unless Coach Mullen pulls a proverbial rabbit out of his hat on signing day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897

You don’t own a hotel in gville do You? Man i could use a connection on weekends I’m in school there
  7. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,244
    Uf is limited by the "initial counters", so transfers in are going to reduce the number if signees. I don't have the actual numbers, but i would guess another 8-10 at most.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,187
    I see 9 more being signed, possibly 10 or 11 if and only if they are Top Quality at positions of need (Oline, LB, CB, WR).

Recall that this year, the Gators picked up 4 Transfers, most recently Grimes & Jefferson, and early, an OT from Texas and a DT from North Carolina. None of these count against the 25 limit, and only 3 EEs can count back to last year.

If they aren't top kids, Mullen is far too smart to act like Zook and fill the class with 2 stars who will never contribute to gain a higher national ranking (Hopefully, Brunsen isn't like that).
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wengengator

wengengator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +178
    We also added Malik Zaire this year, who does not count toward the 25 for 2018, right?
  10. crl

crl GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +2,464
    Do you live in Wengen? Stayed there 4 nights this Sept. Awesome area and what a view.
  11. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,279

I was there in June...this year and 4 of the last 5.....my home away from home. My blood vessels are still flowing slow from all the cheese fondue.
  12. crl

crl GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +2,464
    Cool. Love it there. I want to go back and stay like a month. 5 years ago we spent 3 nights in Interlaken and 2 in Zermatt while traveling all over Europe. I like both those places but I like the Berner Oberland better.
  13. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897
    What is the scholarship numbers by class at Florida? Then we will have a total
  14. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,187
    It also depends on how many decide to leave/transfer, and how many of the suspended don't return. Right now, the suspended looks at minimum 4 and possibly as many as 6.

It's the total scholarships that will be the limit because with 3 EEs counting back, theoretically, 28 could be signed maximum, but I don't see more than 22 or 23 as being likely, assuming Couriage & Gammage remain (15 now) the absolute maximum looks like, 1-3 more OLine, 1-3 more WRs, 2-3 Dline, 1-2 LB & 1-2 more DB (1 quality CB for sure).

Which numbers fall where will depend on who chooses to come and who chooses not to, and Mullen really likes versatile athleticism meaning that Safeties can play Nickel, Corner or OLB, that OTs can play OG or C or TE and that DEs can play DT or LB which does reduce your individual position needs without doubt.
  15. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897
    I am not sure how to count these transfers that are occurring. I am going to say I am NOT going to count them in my forecast, but they may throw my numbers off. I am sticking with 26 signees out of high school or JUCO. Is that fair?
  16. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897
    5 UF signees playing in UA AA game in Orlando. A lot of targets playing in game that are not signed, but leaning elsewhere. UF signees are on both teams, so lets see what they can do to convince a few to join the orange and blue!
  17. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,933
    Why would you not fill the roster with 2 stars or JUCO? When you end-up playing Walk-on in November due to injury. We had 66 scholarship players at the end of 2018.
  18. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +897

I am still waiting for an ACCURATE breakdown of how many are on scholarship as of now by class(to include transfers, JUCO, and early signees this year) so we know how many more they can sign IF they can find players wanting to wear the orange and blue. Noone knows what the max number a team can sign, except I have seen someone post 28.
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +1,040
    When we played FSU, we were down to 50 ship players available. It was worse than what we ended up with at the end of the 2013 season. I don't know how you came up with 66 available players at the end, but not near that many were available to practice or play games. It was fortunate that we didn't qualify for a bowl game as we would have been spanked by a lot of the bowl teams. Early in the season, we were able to play some of college football's best games to watch, but we weren't competitive at the end of the season having fewer players than an NFL roster. The suspensions followed by injuries ended a promising season before it ever began.
  20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +13,394
    Juat guessing, but I honestly believe there's a lot of kids out there who want to play for Coach Mullen (God, I love saying that... Coach Mullen).

I believe we add a third 5* to this class, get a surprise high 4* ("maybe a fourth 5*), and end up oversigning by 1 or 2, with a top 10 class.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1