2015 WR Tristan Payton 6-1 180 of First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Feb 24, 2014.

1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Well at least your not too over dramatic :)

Relax, for every action there is a equal or greater reaction. We lose jax kids, but make leeway with the Orlando kids, most notably dexter williams, we are also doing vwry well in the Tampa area, we also still have probably the most Important jax kid of those 3, Tyler Jordan, our future center, who is recruiting like crazy for us. Kendricks Norton is still interested as well because he wants to play DT and lawing wants to coach him.
  2. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    Yea , I am over dramatic. Just seems like things are not working out. I need to quit reading this crap.. and thats all it is.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +483
    Hate to lose any recruit, especially from Jax, but this may very well be a case of bigger fish to fry. There's a long way to go until signing day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +436
    I think we wanted this kid. He's a pretty solid WR and I don't see a lot of better options for us at this point. I think he just likes USCw more than us.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. fphingator

fphingator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +21
    The fire Muschamp squad will be having alternating block parties all week.
    Tuesday one on fair weather drive
    Wed the big ones at bandwagon ave.
    Thur checkout one at inspite lane.
    Friday goes down at all kind of weather street.
    Lol,but not really,smh
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Didn't somebody post hearing rumors about a big surprise commitment for us around the same time as ray rays commitment date? Of course assumptions as to a possible flip but the name dion cain was mentioned. I'm not gonna hold my breath but if something like that popped off then this is cool..

Sad part is florida took a chance on this kid when he was unranked and unknown. #loyalty
  7. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +436
    Unfortunately, it looks like UCLA is trending right now for Ray Ray, so I would just be elated if he announced for the good guys.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,546
    Good point. Friday night lights should help a ton as well if we get george brown on Friday. A lot of Dominos in play.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,092
    I don't remember being excited when he committed. Not disappointed that he moved on. If anything, I was worried that we had allowed too many WRs to commit this early.

It's early. Lots of talent around. Except for one player, Jax is irrelevant. If we end up not signing a single player from the area and end u having a great season, we will have a great season recruiting there next year. FWIW, our recruiting doesn't live or die in Duval County.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. g8tr96

g8tr96 Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +828
    You obviously know nothing about the high school talent from Jax.

It's pretty good.

In fact, a lot of that same high school talent go on to become NFL players. So Jax is very relevant when it comes to recruiting.

http://www.citylab.com/design/2012/04/which-parts-country-produce-most-nfl-players/1840/

Some of this is simple statistics: large metros have more players simply because they are more heavily populated. The third map, directly above, shows the leading metros for NFL player production per 100,000 people. Now small southern metros do much better. Here we can see an NFL player production belt that runs from North Carolina thorough Louisiana to Texas.

Jackson, Mississippi, comes out on top with roughly 35 players per 100,000, followed by Jacksonville, Florida (27); Monroe, Louisiana (20); Lexington, Kentucky (15); Canton, Ohio (11); Lafayette, Louisiana (6); Pine Bluff, Arkansas (4); Athens, Georgia (4); Midland, Texas (3); and Billings, Montana (3) round out the top 10. Of the large metro areas, New Orleans was 16th with 2.5 players per 100,000. Miami is 32nd in player production, Los Angeles is 47th and New York is even further back at 110th.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,814
    Good info, 96.

Clearly we need to keep a strong presence in Jax area.

Not sure what happened with Payton's commitment, but he looked like a very good prospect to me. Good size and speed, runs nice routes, comes out of breaks quickly and catches the ball very well. Would like to see him flip back. Hopefully, this offense comes together quickly and gives skill position talent something to really look forward to.
  12. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    Large city 1 hour away from your campus and the city is irrelevant ? I know I have said some crazy things but this is the worst post since Harmon Wages came to UF
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,092
    I don't think the issue is about relevance. What we can always expect from Jax prospects is a lot of jumping back and forth. It's not a matter of recruiting effort but largely a matter of luck. It's true to some degree across the state, but given the relative closeness to both UF and f$u, it seems to come up more there than any other pipeline city.

This is what I like about our success so far out of state. We seem to have more success keeping early commits in the fold, especially if they live far from Florida.

As far as Payton himself, he's a fine prospect, but we will do fine at WR. This leaves us one more spot than we had and as good as he was, we have a chance to upgrade.