2015 WR George Campbell of East Lake HS, Tarpon Springs FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Jan 6, 2014.

1. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,687

WR George Campbell 6-4 185 of East Lake High School, Tarpon Springs FL.
    40: 4.36

Now that he's opened up his recruitment again do we have a shot at him? What say you?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  2. moegator

moegator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Hearing f$u, Clemson and Gators to be the teams in the mix (no particular order).
  3. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    I actually heard that vandy is in it as well in addition to the teams previously mentioned.
  4. moegator

moegator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    Would not surprise me at all with Franklin there. Dude can recruit. Some other teams thought to be in the mix are osu, Tex A&M, ND and the poodles.
  5. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    he would get IMMEDIATE playing time here..that's if coach roper is calling the shots.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,317
    A part of me says you creatively continue to find ways to take shots @ champ even though he isn't going anywhere this year. :) just joking but
    seriously, how do any of us know for certain champ "handcuffed" his OC's?
    Weiss offense at kc wasn't that different from ours when he was here, with an exception of having a stud NFL receiver and stud NFL running back to Execute his offense. We just never executed as well as we could/should have.

Pease looked alot like his baylor days, hot of the success of Peterson and Boise State.

Maybe champ did exactly what everyone wants him to do and left the offense to the oc's. It's not like this was the first place either Weiss or pease has stunk it up before.

Unless someone has proof or a former coach or player comes out claiming this as such, it's really all speculation because that unit isn't performing as it should. This has happened before except it's a coordinator the fans blame when it's a beloved head coach ( SOS & Meyer) or a beleaguered coach is to blame when hes not as beloved because he supposedly meddled in his OC offense and held him back. (Zook&champ)

So far champ went Big splash nfl guy w/ weiss, he went hot n now with Pease, now he goes proven, low key and consistent with Roper and changed offensive style.

And in kind of liking the vibe and New target recruits we are after because of the spread. :) go gators good days ahead for sure.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    All great points, sc.....guess I, trying to temper my enthusiasm!
  8. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,632
    Who is he, what does he do, and why did he open up the process ?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    Wide receiver.if I remember correctly, some recruiting services have as the #1 wr in the nation. Not sure why, just glad he did.
  10. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,317
    Oh he's about 6'4/6'3 depending on site. But he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. Dude won fastest man at the sparq competition at the opening as a junior. He was one of the only juniors there against seniors. And ran a 4.36 at the under Armour junior combine just the other day.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,317
    And the Michigan commitment came out of the blue ( pun intended) @ the big blue bbq or whatever it is Michigan does. He was always expected to stay in state. Artavis scott top 5 '14 wr who is committed to Clemson is his teammate.
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +913
    It's a little premature to call him a WR. That is the most obvious fit for him, but he is a great defender and is a little iffy in the pass catching department. No question he is the best athlete in the class, but he is not even the best WR in Florida for 2015. We had that guy committed and lost him somewhere in the process of losing most of our games.
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +913
    I think Devante Phillips is better and we have a good shot at getting him back into the fold. Lane is also better and if we keep him, we don't have to worry nearly so much about next year.

Regarding Campbell, he's a bit raw. If we do get him, fans are going to be very anxious to see him in the rotation but it's just not going to happen. With his athleticism, he could be a terror on special teams. If so, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at safety. I remember when we signed the top TE in the country years ago and he spent his entire freshman year making devastating tackles on special teams, but getting no PT on offense. He showed up his first game as a sophomore at OLB and went on to become the most dominating defender in UF history.
  14. gators_8

gators_8 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +980
    6'4 runs a 4.3 and the ability to jump through the roof? Screams first round wideout to me
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +957
    I mean, he does have a senior year left. There is still some time to develop since he is still in high school.

His raw athletic ability is VERY impressive.
  16. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,317
    Look I'm as optimistic as they come but devante phillips is not coming to uf. He truly only committed fresh of the excitement of FNL and Dalvin cook but the excitement is gone and so is cook. He was engaging in cursing matches with embarrassing ass gator fans who were bombarding his twitter over Dalvin flipping. He tweeted. " I would've trolled ya nosey asses too"
    I think that ship has sailedsailed :(
  17. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +957
    But then a whole year passes and things change. You really never know.
  18. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,317
    We'll see I suppose. You see my post, my glass is always half FULL, but at some point it just becomes numb and I just don't seem to want them on the class after so much shenanigans. I gave cook the benefit of the doubt all the way till his decision but you see I'm full from all the crow I ate. :) lane tweeted today this :
    "@Money_Lane: One Of Them Chill Days #FSU❗️Nothing Major instagram.com/p/i6PfxLIvuK/

In the pic he is decked out head to toe in nole gear. It would be nice if he was trolling them, which would be a great way to become a instant favorite among UF fans, exacting some revenge over the cook ordeal but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  19. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,687
    I hope Fowler flattens him..how's that for poetic justice!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +736
    Well guys can you blame any wrs? These past 3 years it's a mess here. It's night and day difference between how we have used wr's and sow. Yes I know we now have roper, but talk is talk until proven. WM has placed us in the position where wr's will do a wait and see. It is what it is. I think we will do much better this coming year, but if I'm a hot shot wr, and I look at tapes from sow or uf, it's a slam dunk.
    I have heard summer after summer how our OL is going to be improved, yada yada yada,talk is cheap. Point is, recruits at wr will have to see if in fact we will use them as receivers rather than glorified blockers.
    • Winner Winner x 1