2015 UF Baseball recruits?

Discussion in 'Around the Horn - Baseball & Men's Gator Sports!' started by ufgator07, Aug 2, 2014.

1. ufgator07

ufgator07 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Has anybody heard who signed mlb contracts and which ones are coming on campus for the upcoming 2015 season because there is not one update on any of the college baseball websites please let me.
  2. BigOlGator

BigOlGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    I'm interested in this also.

GatorGal, Wes, anyone?
  3. gatorcal

gatorcal Member

Ratings Received:
    +67
    There was an article on Baseball America a couple weeks ago. Didn't give a comprehensive list of our specific recruits, but it gave all the Top 500 (I think) recruits that bypassed the draft. I will see if I can find it.
  4. gatorjeff20017

gatorjeff20017 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +284
    It's amazing how poorly covered baseball recruiting and retention of signees is by not only the various school websites, but the sports news media as well. Hard to get a peep out of Gatorsports or Gatorzone on the topic.
  5. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    Grant Holmes, Alex Abbott, and Weston Davis signed. Everybody else either didn't sign or went undrafted and should be coming to campus barring unforeseen circumstances. That includes guys like JJ Schwarz and Dalton Guthrie who weren't sure bets to make it to Gainesville. Also, all of the players from last year's team who were drafted signed and will not be returning.
  6. BigOlGator

BigOlGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    Thanks DoubleDown11. That's not too bad when you consider that Weston was a 1 - 1,000,000 chance of coming to begin with.

lkldgator87 posted a while back that - RHP Grant Holmes Conway, SC, C JJ Schwarz Palm Beach Gardens ,
    SS Dalton Guthrie Venice, RHP Alex Faedo Tampa Alonso, RHP Weston Davis Bradenton Manatee, C Michael Rivera Venice, 1ST Jeremy Vasquez Stuart Martin Co, 3RD Taylor Lane IMG Academy Chesapeake, Va, 3rd Hunter Alexander Green Cove Springs Clay Co, OF Alex Abbott Tifton, Ga, SS Christian Hicks Jacksonville Bolles, LHP Logan Browning Lakeland Christian, C Mark Kolovosky Mount Dora Christian, OF Kyle Hesse South Plantation made up our class.

Hopefully, all the remaining guys show up. I wonder if Sully will add anyone to the crop for the Fall?

P.S.: Do you smile when the dealer turns a deuce through a 6? ;-)
  7. ufgator07

ufgator07 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    thanks for the information since none of the college baseball websites like espn, d1baseball or college baseball daily has not updated any info on recruits going to college
  8. gatorcal

gatorcal Member

Ratings Received:
    +67
  9. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,192
    thanks for that interesting reading. The article says Florida did well because 4 of the top 500 BA players recruited by UF did not sign and will play for the Gators. It doesn't mention Miami or Arkansas but it looks like they each have 4 of the top 500 too. Or i could be missing something.