2015 RB WR Ray Ray McCloud of Sickles High School, Tampa Fl

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by subtle_gator, Jun 16, 2014.

1. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +883
    He's about to announce.
  2. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,089
    Dammit Clemson, Hope we flip him
  3. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +883
    Recruiting is not going well.
  4. ray_finkle

ray_finkle Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
  5. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    Last season has made negative recruiting a lot easier it would seem. The only remedy is a great season. A lot is riding on this year. In fact WM's future. A good season and we should have a great haul, and 8 win season or less not so much.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sflagator

sflagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +380
    I guess we should poison the recruits when they visit?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. northwoodgator1

northwoodgator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +718
    He wants to go to climpson, let him go. He bought in on the hype, he will never win a damn thing there. No ACC championship and definitely no MNC. Not while Dabo is the HC.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +313
    The hype???
    Why would a recruit go to Florida.... Clemson has put 7 receivers in the NFL lately. They feature the WR's and TE's in their offense. Sorry, but Sammy Watkins would have drowned here and possibly become Andre Debose. Face it, we have failed lately and I don't blame any impact player for choosing Clemson over Florida. I am not being negative, but truthful and to criticize him for making clearly the best decision is homerism and ludicrous.

I really don't think guys like Ray Ray care about championships and what guarantees that he will be winning championships here. They will get him to the show. He is a HUGE loss for the Gators. He will plug right into Sammy Watkins packages and thrive. I hate losing him, but we have lost him, Watkins and Spiller to Clemson and the latter two have never looked back at that decision. I don't think Spiller cares less that he didn't win two championships with the Gators, no regrets there.....

I do believe that Kurt Roper will turn things around, but Ray Ray made the right decision and he will not flip no matter what the Gators do, he will probably EE into Clemson along with Cain and they will be loaded again. Facts are Facts.
    That being said, I think Roper will make a huge impact and the Gators will win 10 games this year. So things will pick up and we may start to turn heads, but right now, Clemson is a much better option for an offensive superstar.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +908
    People would be amazed at how little most kids care about championships when picking a school. I'd say more than half care strictly about depth chart and getting to the league. That being said, once they get to school, winning does matter a lot more.
  10. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +833
    People would be amazed that most kids pick based on extra benefits or swag they get to go with a school they think they can win at...don't forget most of these kids have been recruited to high schools now...alums need to start getting the checkbook out as we are getting outbid in the marketplace for some of the top talent... it really is that simple.
  11. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +973
    Agree with about everything but winning 10. Wonder what your thinking is there. ???
  12. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    Maybe 9-3 with a bowl win? I could definitely see that happeneing. That would give us losses to Bama, LSU and F$U most likely. Beating USCe, UGA, and Mizzou is certainly not out of the question andvery doable
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +313
    My thinking is:
    * Duke averaged 32.8 pts per game under Roper (#41), Florida 18.8 ( and never scored 32 points or better last yr.)(#112)
    * Passing - Duke averaged 248 yds per game(#50), Florida 170(#107)
    * Rushing - Duke averaged 178 yds per game(#54), Florida 145(#87)
    * Red Zone Offense - Duke 86% (#39), Florida 69% (#119)....when they got in the Red Zone (this is probably the biggest one and if we kick FG's)
    * Missouri 2012 (5-7), 2013 (12-2)
    * Auburn 2012 (3-9 and 0-8), 2013 (12-2)

If Florida averages 32 per game they go 9-3 and would have been real close in all 3 losses and could have won those with the defense they had and a chance to win. Nothing leads me to believe that LSU, Georgia and South Carolina is that much better than last year (all 3 with new QB's) when they barely beat us at home scoring a whopping 17, 23 and 19 on the Gators. In fact a 4-6 Gator team faces an 8-2 USC team in Williams Brice and USC scrapes out a win over an inept Gator team. FSU only led 10-0 with 25 seconds left in the half. If we score 10 in the 1st half we got a ball game.
    Turning to this year, Wins most likely over Idaho, E. Mich., Kentucky, EKU, Tennessee. (5-0) I see us as good if not better than Missouri, Vandy(without Franklin), USC, LSU and Georgia.(9-1 or 10-0) I see only FSU and Alabama as the best opportunities to lose and I think we give both of them all they can handle....why? Bama cannot handle the spread(that's why Saban whined so much, it was not the speed of the game it was the spreading of the field they can't handle) and I am not sure FSU can be dominant without Winston and I am not sure he will be there when we play them. Not because of off-field, but I think he will be physically punished.

So my thoughts are not just a WAG, but based on the fact that we stunk on offense last year and only need to be above average to be in every game we play. 10 wins is not out of the realm of possibility. To be honest, I didn't think we would 11 two years ago.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,297
    Our inability to hold Florida kids really puzzles me. We really need a few stars to make the three or four plays a game that make the difference.
  15. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,372
    So the visit is now . . . . forgettable ?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ces1948

ces1948 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +305
    Ha, Another CJ Spiller in that they say "family is the most important thing" and then go to a school 500 miles from home.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorborn

gatorborn Member

Ratings Received:
    +145
    I live in the Clemson area and one of the local hosts on the sports talk radio station was making the Percy Harvin comparison. Harvin was 3 inches taller, 20 lbs heavier and benched over 300 lbs when he was in high school. This kid is 5'9" , 175 lbs and doesn't look like he spends much time in the weight room.

Some of his highlights look impressive, but if I was going to compare him to a former Gator it would be Chris Rainey. That is not a knock, Rainey is very talented and could play in the NFL if he would get his head on straight.

We are all still looking for the next Percy Harvin, but it could be quite a while before one comes along.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Yes, he was incredible. The 2006 SEC Championship might have been his best game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    You were so spot on with this post, everyone wants the best for the Gators but sometimes we have to take off the sunshine goggles and admit the reality. Reality is Clemson had more to sell for him, reality is we have to accept this fact and thank the young man for considering us. I think his strong consideration for UF makes this sting really hurt, i do believe he and his family wanted UF but based on current prospective we havent shown him anything during his HS career to give him the warm and fuzzies about developing on O at UF. The Roper new O speculation is inspiring to us fans but would any of us place our future on red flags of the unknown, most likely not. Glad he handled better than the two from last year (names dont deserve mention) but the state of our offensive recruiting should pose a major concern that may not get better for the foreseeable future.
  20. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +406
    Bottom line, we just have to win this year and the offense needs to come alive and the rest will take care of itself. I’m not worreid about where they land now, because these kids can and will decommit from other teams just as they have with us. I’ve watched this for so many years, that It hasn’t phased me one bit. Win and we’ll be fine.
    • Agree Agree x 1