2015 RB WR Ray Ray McCloud of Sickles High School, Tampa Fl

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by subtle_gator, Jun 16, 2014.

1. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,452
    Sounds like a "sick" visit
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,846
    Safe to say that visit left a bad taste in his mouth :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,132
    I like our chances but can't help thinking what a good fit he is for Clemson's offense. We've yet to prove we can feature a back like that at UF.

I hope we have someone on our staff test the food wherever they plan on taking Ray Ray and the other visitors on his next trip to UF.
  5. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +752
    Hearing that he still likes Clemson makes me want to vomit.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    So far Tampa (Fla.) Sickles athlete Ray-Ray McCloud III has been all over, taking visits to many college campus around the nation. On Tuesday McCloud heads out west with a few other Florida athletes.

"I am going to UCLA and USC next," said McCloud. "I leave Tuesday for a couple of days. This is my first time out west. I just want to have a new experience and get to meet all the coaches and see what they are about."

Earlier this month the 5-foot-9, 176-pounder stopped by Gainesville, a place he has visited numerous times already this year. However, on the most recent visit he brought his mother with him to check out the academic side of things while he visited with several friends who are currently on the team.

"She likes Florida a lot too and like that it's close and how the coaches carry the program," said McCloud. "My mom has a big part of my recruitment and as a mom she likes to see things in the academic department and stuff like that. UCLA is a big resume school after football and that speaks to her."

Another school linked to the four-star speedster is the Clemson. The Tigers and Gators are the two teams many are looking at as the frontrunners for his commitment.

"Clemson is the first school to offer me and give me a chance and Clemson is a great school. I haven't seen another school like them just culture wise like the atmosphere of it. It's a great place."

Going forward McCloud doesn't have any other visits on tap past his trip to California this week. He will however start looking towards narrowing down his list of top school.

"I don't have a timetable but I think I am going to take these two visits to Cali and just go from there and if I feel like I like this school better whether it's Florida, Clemson, UCLA, USC, or any school I have visited. I will weigh out the pros and con's and go from there. I want to narrow things down soon but I don't know when. Right now I am not rushing it though I plan on taking some official visits.
  7. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,452
    I respect what he's saying is his decision process and criteria. Wish him the best and hope he chooses us in the end.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. DMann

DMann Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +569
    Sounds like his family puts "faith" very high on the priority list. If that's the case for Ray Ray as well, Clemson will be a tough group to beat. Don't know if he's still in the same position but Brad Scott did a fantastic job selling the University, community and football program and then assuming much responsibility for the first year player's first year in school. Brad did everything in his power to make sure they attended class, study sessions, workouts, practices and yes - church on Sunday. Clemson's facilities are first class and the entire community is "all in". That said we're UF and they're not and we're SEC and they're not. It will be a lot easier for this close knit family to see him play on Saturdays in G'Ville than Clemson. I'm really hoping this game changer chooses UF. I'd love to watch him in O&B for 3-4 years.
  9. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Ray Ray McCloud (Tampa Sickles)Ray Ray is built for an event like The Opening and on many levels exceeded expectations. This is a young many blessed with the ability to run. I mean he has another gear and arguably the most explosive prospect in the state. His other major attribute is his versatility. McCloud can line up on either side of the ball at running back, wide receiver and at cornerback.
    McCloud had a brilliant second day, making big play after big play. He’s transitioning more and more to the slot receiver position and that’s where he excelled. He possesses excellent hands and is tough to deal with because of his outstanding speed. And he’s also very quick and athletic.
    McCloud is a perfect fit for a spread attack. But he may have even more upside at cornerback.
  10. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    I will be announcing my commitment July 28th after #TheOpening opening. Stay
    tuned !! @ESPNU ... Ray-Ray McCloud decision date set.
  11. subtle_gator

subtle_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +98
    Tampa (Fla.) Sickles athlete Ray-Ray McCloud confirmed Tuesday that he will attend Florida's Friday Night Lights next week, just days before he is set to announce he commitment on July 28. Many believe the Gators have the edge over Clemson for the 5-foot-9, 175-pound playmaker heading into his announcement.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +888
    @DerekTysonESPN: Miami RT commit Dexter Williams says he thinks Ray Ray McCloud will commit to UF on Monday. #Gators
  13. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,452
    That is on ugly class Miami's putting together.
  14. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +509
    Ray-Ray announces today and he's trending back to Clemson on 247 all of a sudden. First it was us, then Clemson, then UCLA, back to us, and now Clemson again. I don't think anyone really knows where he is going at this point. What I don't like, however, is that we all of a sudden offered Javarius Davis (UNC commit) from Jax on Saturday. He's a similar type player to McCloud, though not as good.
  15. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,846
    Fwiw dexter williams said he believes after talking to him that ray ray will choose UF.
  16. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +509
    I saw that over the weekend, and felt good about our chances. For some reason, everyone and their mother is now changing their Crystal Ball predictions to Clemson. Usually when that happens, they tend to be right. Here's hoping they are not. I really hate all of this bad news lately.
  17. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +888
    We need some good news today. Hopefully we start landing some top offensive recruits. Tired of seeing them go elsewhere.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +2,846
    Well he did day this commitment isn't his final decision. ....... SMH. Whatever that means.
  19. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +509
    I agree. The last few years has been brutal as far as watching key playmakers from Florida flee the state. We have GOT to start getting our fair share. I'm not saying we should get them all, but it has been downright brutal lately. We can't expect to improve on offense without these elite playmakers that our state is known for. This trend is already continuing for next year: one of the top, if not THE top playmaker in Florida for 2016 is committed to Auburn (Nate Craig).
  20. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +494
    See I read the article where he said that, and honestly it made me feel better about our chances of getting his commitment. He said that it might not be his final decision because sometimes things happen like the coaching staff leaves, or you go 4-8... But he said he just wanted to stay in touch with some schools leading up to NSD just to have a backup. It didn't sound as if he was committing now only to sign with someone else down the road.

Why I think that helps us is because I think he'll commit to us tonight because it's where he wants to go. But if he doesn't see a change and Muschamp gets fired he won't stick around and will commit somewhere else, which is understandable.

On the flip side though, as Briang8r pointed out, a lot of people are switching their picks to Clemson. Maybe this means that he'll commit to Clemson tonight, and if we vastly improve on offense then he'll decommit from them and commit with us. However, I don't think that's the case. I think we get his commitment tonight and if we show improvement then he'll stick with us. JMHO though