2015 Gator Commitment #7: OL Brandon Sandifer 6-4 329 of Northside HS, Warner Robins GA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,078
    2015 Gator Commitment #7.
    OL Brandon Sandifer 6-4 329 of Northside High School, Warner Robins GA.
    8.13.2014 Commitment.

On August 13, it was Brandon Sandifer, an offensive lineman out of Warner Robins (Ga.) Northside that revealed he wanted to be a FloridaGator.

”I made my decision Monday night,” said Sandifer. “It was a very hard decision because all of the schools were very good schools. I had to think about everything -- that is why it took [me] so long.”

It was Florida that the 6-foot-4, 329 pound senior announced Wednesday night was the right one for him. Sandifer selected the Gators overAlabama and South Carolina.

”It (Florida) felt the most like home and the coaches wanted me the most there. It feels great now to be committed. It is like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.”

Sandifer is a three-star offensive guard on Scout. His commitment to Florida gives the Gators 11 commits for 2015.

Video highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2857398/sandifer-brandon
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
  2. moegator

moegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +101
    Anyone have any stats or background on him? Been away for a little while so trying to get caught up.
  3. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,350
    Big beastie!
  4. moegator

Ratings Received:
    +101
    Strike that. Found plenty on him. Great pick up. This O line class is really starting to round out. Welcome aboard!!!
  5. moegator

Ratings Received:
    +101
    Literally.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +465
    Zach A says we beat out Alabama for Sandifer. Always a good sign when you get an offensive lineman 'Bama wants.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,396
    Bama was a finalist for maddawg george brown, michael Horton, Adonis thomas and sandifer. :) take that saban.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,396
    Champ is doing work on the recruiting trail this year. Some look at us only having 11 commits. But what I see is we've solidified our OL w/ jordan, brown, horton, and sandifer, especially if we add merrick and ivey, we got our qb for the future in jones, a star wr in Dillon and 2 stud LB ( so far) in thomas and baker. Not too shabby coming off a 4-8 season
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,725
    Love the size of our offensive line recruits, welcome aboard big fella
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. maxgator

maxgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +481
    God forbid that anyone give what the recruiting services say. That might mean someone would go to one of those sites. I mean, they might be wrong...

The ironic thing is that I go to those sites MORE to find out what they say because of the blackout here.

First thing I do is leave this site and check out other places to determine what the perception of the player is. I have bookmarks in my browser now.

Imo, change the policy.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  11. LurkerExposed

LurkerExposed Member

Ratings Received:
    +44
    Most reports had Sandifer with a tied top-3 for quite a while of Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina. At least towards the late end of summer. In late spring-early summer it was Bama and USC tied for his services. Don't know the entire deal with Bama, but msg board posters stated that they filled their allotment for interior linemen in early-mid summertime, and Sandifer's offer to them was a back-up plan. I saw 247sports was giving crystal ball predictions of him going to Georgie Tech in recent days, but obviously that never materialized.

South Carolina wanted Sandifer very much, and recruited him heavily towards the very end. But they had more of a positional need for OT than OG in this class, as the depth in the interior is solid, and they expect to lose both starting OTs after this season. USC had a final 3 OL prospects that from all reports they placed at equal value: Christian Pellage, Zack Bailey, and Sandifer. There was no order of any of them over the other 2, and they would take the first 2 of the 3 that committed. They were wanting 1 more OT and 1 more OG, already earlier securing commitments from 2 OT prospects.

As it happens, Pellage committed on the 8th, and Bailey gave a surprise commitment - surprise because of it's timing (early Monday morning before regular working hours) - this past Monday. The thing about both Pellage and Bailey is they can play both guard and tackle, while Sandifer seems more of a better fit in the interior. But he was definitely wanted by the Gamecock staff, but kept holding off until the OL position got filled. Congrats on the commitment Gators: he'll be a good one for y'all....
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,570
    Interesting how many out of state guys we are getting. I know we are in good shape for four or five of the top guys in the the state, but given how we did against our in-state rivals last year, it's been smart go to Ohio, GA, LA and CA for our top commits to date. I think this class will end up with half or more from out of state. Right now we only have four Floridians out of 11 signees from in-state and not a one is rated higher than three stars.

FWIW, I have no gripes with the recruiting sites. We are "behind." Team rankings are based in large part to how many commits you have and recently, we have been subtracting almost as often as we've been adding. You're not going to show up in the top twenty with just 11 commits in August. Our average player ranking is in the 89 range. The majority of the top players in the state have already committed to other schools. The only players left that we have a decent shot at are Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Holland, Campbell and Patrick. By decent chance, we still lead for all but one or two. They average around a 98 ranking and all but two of them are five star prospects. I don't know how we lost out on 13 other top 100 in-state guys already, but I'll take the ones that are left.

All we have to do is win and be patient.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,570
    They already have four OGs. All but one of them are rated higher and they are all between 6'2" and 6'4". Looks like a four year logjam at OG at Bama. Sandifer stands out more in UF's class because of his size. He's the only pure OG. Everybody else could project at OT or center.

Lock down Ivey and we are done on the OL. Of course that won't happen until January.
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,057
  15. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +924
    A good offensive line is crucial to winning championships.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +814
    ...and keeping your QB off the ground and on the field.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,290

While I am happy about this pickup, your comments about how many of our recruits are from other states are telling. Florida kids have won more national championships than kids from any other state. We need to get our share of Florida kids; they play a very high level of high school football for the most part, as compared with other states.
  18. gatorright

gatorright Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +118
    While I agree we need to corral the talent available instate, that talent has other, non-Gator priorities...it is apparent we have no choice in the matter, thus we offer those who want to come here, whether or not they are Floridian.
  19. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +936
    I disagree with the notion that we have no choice in the matter. It's our staff's responsibility to sell our program. I am very concerned about our lack of success instate. We did terribly in Florida last year and it's not looking much better this year. That's not good for the long term success of the program.

Having said that, this looks like a nice pick up. Welcome aboard!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,396
    Does any of this matter if we land the top 3 players in the state (cowart, jefferson, ivey)?
    • Winner Winner x 1