2015 Gator commitment #5: QB Sheriron Jones 6'2" 192 of Rancho Verde, Moreno Valley, CA****

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by easypeasey, Jun 8, 2014.

1. easypeasey

easypeasey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +171
    2015 Gator Commitment #5:
    QB Sheriron Jones 6-2 192 of Rancho Verde High School, Moreno Valley CA.
    6.8.2014 Commitment.

@AndrewSpiveyGC: Sheriron Jones has committed to Florida. He says #Florida felt like home.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +683
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +683
    @Bryan_Holt: With today's news, the Gators move from No. 26 to No. 21 in the 2015 Rivals team recruiting rankings.
    1. Ryan Bartow
      29 minutes ago via Mobile
      I've seen Jones three times in the last nine months in California.

Super work ethic. Constantly working on his game. Gym rat.

Tremendous size. Dual-threat that can run but usually runs to throw. Doesn't just run to run. Gets rid of the ball quickly and has tremendous velocity on his release. Already has good experience in running a tempo, spread scheme.

Reminds me some of Deshaun Watson who signed with Clemson last cycle in terms of his size, mobility, pre-snap read and arm strength.

Comes from QB heaven in so Cal that's beyond loaded with signal callers this cycle and annually produces more QBs per capita than anyone else in the country.

Jones is one of the nations best and a very good get for the Gators.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +683
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- On his visit to Gainesville this weekend, Top247 quarterback Sheriron Jonescommitted to Florida because it just felt like home.

[​IMG]
    Top247 QB Sheriron Jones committed to Florida on Sunday afternoon.

"It's so much like family there," Sheriron Jones told 247Sports national analyst Ryan Bartow. "I love the coaching staff, they've been straightforward with me. I just love being at the Swamp."

Jones is rated as the No. 5 dual-threat quarterback in the country, and his mobility, quick release and the way he manages games were all qualities Florida's coaching staff liked, he said.

New offensive coordinator Kurt Roper and head coach Will Muschamp personally handled the recruitment of the Moreno Valley (CA) Rancho Verde star, and that had a lot to do with him picking Florida.

"Those two are both great dudes and they're both straightforward," Jones said.

Jones, rated as the No. 131 overall player in the country by 247Sports, becomes the ninth player committed to Florida for the 2015 recruiting class. He is the third highest rated player, behind cornerback Marcus Lewis and receiver Derrick Dillon.

Florida is now loaded at quarterback for the future just one year removed from having Jeff Driskel,Tyler Murphy and Skyler Mornhinweg make up the entire depth chart at the position.

Should Driskel stick around for his senior season in 2015, Florida could have Driskel, Mornhinweg, Will Grier, Treon Harris and Jones on the roster. All but Mornhinweg were former Top247 recruits.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +147
    This is a huge pickup for a number of reasons...A huge problem we had last year was due to not being able to land a good qb the year after landing two highly ranked guys the year before (JD and JB). Jones is by far the best guy that we had a legit shot at. Also, signing a good QB this early helps with skill players that we are looking at. Although some Gator fans think all of Cali is garbage, it doesn't hurt to sign 1 or 2 west coast guys a year just to maintain that presence.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. sHiNeR2

sHiNeR2 Member

Ratings Received:
    +36
    Great Pick Up!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
    Wow. Did not see this coming! GREAT pickup.

Kid sounds way too good for just 14th ranked. Won't be surprised if he has more upside than many above him.

Welcome to Gator Nation! Future looks brighter today!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    We appear to be hitting the trail hard in Cali this year. The top five uncommitted prospects in the state all have interest in UF, along with one or two others in Rival's top 100. Most of the top CA players not interested in UF are QBs, and we already have the one we want. Durkin and White seem to be doing most of the work, but Robinson is after the country's #1 DB. Getting a big early commit out of a highly visible high school should help with some of the others.

I know there's much more talent in Florida this year, but we are in for the fight of our life for a lot of them and will probably lose the in-state battle to the noles, numbers wise anyway. I think we will get most of Cowart, Jefferson, Holland, McCloud and Campbell. Hopefully getting Jones will get us closer to locking up Campbell.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,319
    If we get most of them, which we are favored to do, the noles can have the # win; I'll take that crop all day long! However, I think we can win the state this year.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +234
    Off topic anti-FSU rant self edited out.

This thread is about our new QB and how "It's Great to be a Florida Gator!"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,388
    I think we get 4 out of the 5 w/ holland being the fence rider. If we lock up Norton, that would make it 2 of his teammates already committed to us. Hopefully that could swing the holland pendulum our way.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +683
    Another breakdown of his commitment:

Florida has landed an Elite 11 quarterback invitee for the second consecutive recruiting cycle.

Consensus four-star prospect Sheriron Jones committed Sunday to the Gators at the conclusion of his visit to UF, which included a workout in Saturday's summer camp session.

“I'm super excited,” Jones said of his decision. “Just being around the coaches and everything, it was a great experience. The players were real great, too.”

The 6-foot-2, 189-pounder attends Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde, the same high school as former Florida linebacker Ronald Powell. Jones is the ninth member in Florida's 2015 class and will be the first prospect from California to sign with UF since Powell in 2010.

Jones chose the Gators over Tennessee and has no interest in any other schools.

“Not at all,” he said. “I made my decision and I'm going to stick with it. It's a pretty good feeling right now. I can focus on getting this championship at my high school and finishing out my senior year.

“Next thing you know I'll be back in Florida, playing for the Florida Gators.”

Before he chases a ring this fall, Jones will compete in the Elite 11 competition on ESPNU in early July at the Nike headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. He was invited Tuesday by former NFL player and current ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, who coordinates the event.

It features 18 of the top high school quarterbacks in the nation. UF freshman Will Grier competed in the Elite 11 last summer and finished No. 3 in the final rankings.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    Jones is a great fit for our system, for the talent already on hand and will be a terrific protege for Grier. A QB that can throw on the run will be perfect for our system moving forward. If he develops quickly, gets playing time, he will help us keep the Cali pipeline open. What's so special about Cali? Great talent, not quite as deep as Florida or Texas, but for the moment it's not a state with a go-to program.

I suspect he is underrated at this time. He looks like a guy who will really shine as the Elite 11 moves along.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +913
    This will be quite a coup if he makes it out here then lives up to his potential.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. oneatatime

oneatatime Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +260
    We have the guy we wanted. Let's go get some skill players and offensive linemen to complement this dedicated young man
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +801
    Was he number one on our board? Not sure how somebody could know this, but it will ask anyway!
  17. easypeasey

easypeasey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +171
    I think Francois was #1 but Jones moved up once he showed interest and Francois was fading.
  18. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +388
    Always good to get a quarterback early. Top-flight QBs really drive recruiting classes by attracting other talent.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Diesel350z

Ratings Received:
    +683
    @AndrewSpiveyGC: #Florida quarterback commit Sheriron Jones says that he's going to start recruiting George Campbell to join him at UF.
    • Like Like x 4
  20. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +801
    That would be nice..
    • Like Like x 1