2015 Gator Commitment #2: TE DE Camrin Knight 6-4 220 of Lincoln HS, Tallahassee FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +476
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,767
    Stars at this stage are even less relevant than they are at end of process. And and that's saying something!
  3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    I agree, for sure (obviously). I really like the guys we've signed so far. No game breakers, but they all look like good strong players who enjoy playing physical and have really strong fundamentals, skills and very good speed and agility (even if not elite).

But I definitely understand people's concerns when they see our competitors getting four star commits while we're getting three stars. After a 4-8 season, especially, it's natural to have doubts

Hopefully this season clears those doubts one way or another.
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,417
    Not really the case. The national champs have four 3* and 4* and 1 with no stars and their 2 best of those 4* ( tyreke Cole and derwin James) are going to visit us. I'm not the least bit concerned. Screenshot_2014-02-27-12-40-51.png
  5. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,417
    And their QB commit is a Dual threat from jax. First coast where we seem to be planting our seeds early this class.
  6. thedyc09

thedyc09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    Not a natural blocker, but able, and apparently very willing. Needs to put some major meat on those chicken legs, though. Damn he just screams red zone mismatch, doesn't he?
  7. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,414
    Our play at tight end has been poorly sick for a while...

That was what you meant, right? ;)
  8. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,417
    Our TE was our primary receiving position in 2011 and 2012(Jordan reed) . It was only 2013 that it was playing their best David Copperfield act. The guys we are bringing in with the exception of Lewis already have good size on them, and Lewis is 6'5 with basketball type hops, just needs to hit the weight room. I think 2013 and the disappearance of our TE was fluke type issue, because we certainly utilized our TE as much as our WR until last season.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +869
    We have been hit pretty hard by recruiting misses and attrition at TE. I think we all felt pretty good when we got Collin Thompson and Kent Taylor in 2012. Both were in the top 5 nationally at the position. Neither produced and one has since left the program. Couple that with the loss of AC Leonard from 2011. He was a high 4 star with all the talent in the world (likely a better prospect than Thompson or Taylor). We all know what happened to him. He would be a senior this year. We did not recruit a TE in 2013.

So we really have 1 true TE on the team from the past 3 recruiting classes (before 2014). The rest of the TE on our roster converted from other positions. I'd say it was essential to add depth here, which is what we did in 2014. Hopefully the new kids can contribute immediately, because the need is certainly there. If the TE is really a staple of the Roper offense, then we should try to sign 2 this year as well.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,827
    Camrin is now #4.
  11. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    I was at the FSU 7 on 7 this weekend. Just got back. I had a chance to see Tally Lincoln up close. They won it all and, in fact, beat my 16 year son's team in the final game with Jimbo Fisher, Lawrence Dawsey and a bunch of other FSU coaches watching. Lincoln beat my son's team twice actually, the only games we lost all day. We couldn't handle them.

I saw TE/DE Cam Knight quite a bit. I'd say he is all of 6'4 220. I'd say he can definitely add some weight. I'm not sure what his best position is. I do know he was a real problem at TE and if he is still learning that position that is a little scary from a rival's perspective. I've never seen him block, obviously, it was a 7on7 tourny but he looks big and physical from what I saw. Nice hands. Good sharp cuts, good explosion out of his breaks. They didn't send him down the seem much, thank God, he would run down and out or down and ins and our LB's just couldn't deal with him. He is a big target to say the least.

Tally Lincoln apparently has another big time prospect a WR named Burt or something like that. I was not that impressed to be honest. He was good and all that but he really didn't stand out from the rest of their good players whereas Cam Knight stands out right off the bat. There was no mistaking he was a D1 prospect. While Lincoln was kicking my son's teams back side again I talked to the Tally Godby QB. A FR surprisingly. He told me Lincoln isn't all that good during the real season. He Godby beat Lincoln 31-3 last year during the season. He said Lincoln doesn't actually pass during the real season. I have no idea if any of that is true or not but they torched the whole field this weekend at FSU 7 on 7. To be honest, I don't think the talent was spectacular across the board. My oldest sone played at a 7 on 7 in Tampa, the USF one, a few years back, and some of the Miami teams were there and Seffner Armwood and the teams were much more athletic.
    • Informative Informative x 5
  12. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,084
    Thanks for the info Cecil!
  13. GornGator

GornGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Hopefully some of these guys can grow into beast=mode ala Erron Kinney or Ben Troupe type of players. Those were the days.......

GO GATORS!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,767
    Troupe was a beast
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +476
    Troupe's hurdle was the best hurdle I have seen in over 47 years at Florida Field....
  16. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,827
    Been a very long time since anyone has posted any info on Camrin Knight. Anyone have any?