2015 Gator Basketball Recruits and Prospects

Discussion in 'Nuttin' But Net Recruiting' started by HallGator, Jul 26, 2013.

1. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,049
    Per request.

Look forward to the posts.
  2. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Nike Team Florida got their usual boost from athletic three-star power forward Kevarrius Hayes. The 6-foot-8 power player hails from Live Oak (Fla.) and is already committed to coach Billy Donovan and the Florida Gators in their 2015 class. Donovan watched on Saturday, as Hayes led his team defensively and finished with high flying dunks as they advanced to the national title game on Sunday. A long-bodied forward who can also play some center, Hayes shows excellent promise as a transition big man who can bring energy to the game.
  3. MJGator8104

MJGator8104 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +120
    Thanks, Gary.
  4. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    You are welcome.

Florida wants Daniel Giddens out of Georgia, a highly rated center for the 15 class.

In Orlando recently, Giddens played on the E1T1 team with other Gator targets in 2015 Antonio Blakeney and Alex Owens. I believe both Blakeney and Owens are in the espn top 60 for 2015. Owens had a monster weekend in Orlando at the AAU supershowcase (watched him on tv). Owens is built like a tank and at times dominated a lot of the 14 kids. Blakeney is a smooth shooter.

Giddens had this to say about his experience in Orlando:
    "The vibe is good here I really like it," Giddens said. "It's a nice change. I feel a little freer playing on this team, there are a lot of Division-One prospects playing on this team like Antonio Blakeney and Alex Owens (also UF targets in the 2015 class). There are a lot of good players so it's nice to be here."

Getting Giddens, Blakeney and Owens to go along with Hayes for the 2015 class would be monstrous. It helps that Blakeney and Owens are from Florida. Just getting Hayes, Owens and Blakeney would make an excellent class.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ugaGator

ugaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +63
    Would be really happy to get Giddens since he went to my high school.
  6. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Junior transfers Antonio Blakeney, Alex Owens elevate Oak Ridge basketball

Two of Florida's top four rising junior basketball players have been cleared to play for Oak Ridge (Orlando, Fla.) in the 2013-14 campaign, according to Buddy Collings of the Orlando Sentinel.

Antonio Blakeney and Alex Owens both transferred to Oak Ridge and enrolled in the spring, but their eligibility was just cleared by the governing FHSAA. Joining 6-foot-4 rising senior Marquel Willis, who averaged 19.7 points last season, they should make the Pioneers an instant Florida — if not national — power.

Blakeney, a 6-4 shooting guard, averaged 24.8 points and 7.6 rebounds last season for Cardinal Mooney (Sarasota, Fla.). He is the No. 3-ranked junior in Florida. Owens, ranked No. 4, is a powerful 6-8, 230-pounder who played last year for Oldsmar Christian (Fla.).

Owens and Blakeney both received scholarship offers in April from the University of Florida. Blakeney has also been offered by Kansas State among others. Owens has additional offers from such colleges as Miami, Cincinnati and Georgia.

A recent power in Class 7A, Oak Ridge will move up to 8A this coming season.
  7. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +227
    Three best teams in Orlando this season are Oak Ridge, Evans & Wekiva. Watched an ok University HS team almost whip OR at the UCF Team camp in June & AB & Owens were both on the team along with Marquel Willis.
    I believe Wekiva won the large class HS division at the UF camp in June. Windermere Prep almost beat OR as well!
  8. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    I went to the UCF team camp and got dunked on by Amare Stoudemire. I also got dunked on by Cornerlius Ingram, but I'd say getting dunked on by Amare was one of the highlights of my career.
  9. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +227
    Never ever got dunked on when I played HS ball - not even close. However, if you dunked the ball, it was a tech foul - so maybe that was the reason! Also no three pt. line nor shot clock!! Just say'n!
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +372
    Now that is really "old school". ;^)
  11. hoopstar

hoopstar VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +227

More experience is a better choice of words - right 5220??!!
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +506
    I think it just means you're really, really old. Even Old School would call you old.
  13. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    Russ ‏@RussHoops 3m
    North Carolina has extended a scholarship offer to 2015 Oak Ridge (FL) HS shooting guard Antonio blakeny
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN1m
    Brewster Academy Class of 2015 wing Donovan Mitchell will take an unofficial visit to Florida on Monday, source told ESPN.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Crono139

Crono139 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    http://zagsblog.com/articles/austin-grandstaff-to-visit-oklahoma-florida/
  17. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Brewster’s Mitchell, Reuter Trigger Wave of Recruiting Interest April 28th, 2014 10:39 pm

The Brewster (N.H.) Academy duo of Donovan Mitchell and Jarred Reuter have triggered a wave of recruiting interest following their performances this weekend at the Pitt JamFest.

Still, the 6-foot-3 Mitchell told SNY.tv Monday night that reports that certain schools are leading for him are inaccurate.

“The schools that offered me are the schools that are working the hardest because they’ve offered me and they talk to me the most,” Mitchell said.

He said that group included Boston College, Creighton, Providence, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Iowa and Florida.

Asked if all those schools are equal, he said, “Yes, they are.”

Mitchell did say that he saw a trio of school at all of his games with The City this past weekend, when he averaged 19 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds

“The schools that I saw at all my games were BC, St. John’s and Providence,” he said. “It shows that they’re really interested, but their interest has been the same all year.”

Mitchell has no visits planned “as of yet,” but hopes to see “a few more schools during the summer.”

He may cut his list at the end of the summer.

“After the last live period, I will definitely look to cut down my list,” he said.

Mitchell’s Brewster teammate, 6-8 forward Jarred Reuter, has also picked up a slew of offers and interest, according to Brewster coach Jason Smith.

Smith Tweeted that Cincinnati, Minnesota, Northwestern, Seton Hall, South Carolina, Penn State and Temple had all shown interest in Reuter. Gonzaga and Temple have reportedly offered.
  18. gator_gary

gator_gary VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Tennessee, Florida, Ohio State Recruiting 2015 Guard Andrew Fleming April 26th, 2014 4:07 pm

PITTSBURGHAndrew Fleming brings something a little different to Team Thad (Tenn.), and that’s become very apparent at the Pitt Jam Fest this weekend.

On a roster full of athletic, slashing wings, Fleming, a 2015 shooting guard out of Nashville (TN) Ensworth, stands out as a pure perimeter shooter, helping to space the floor for his teammates and knock it down when he’s left open. He did that with regularity in an 83-59 win over Team Paterson in the third round of the tournament, scoring a game-high 20 points, including four 3-pointers.

As of now, Fleming holds offers from Florida, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Nebraska, UNLV, Morehead State and Tennessee Tech. But since he’s made the move from the St. Louis Eagles to Team Thad for his final AAU season, several other high-majors have showed serious interest.

“Tennessee, their new coaching staff has already called me, Ohio State coach [Thad] Matta came to my school on Wednesday and watched me work out, Florida came to watch me work out on Monday,” he said. “Georgia’s getting in there, Ole Miss, Iowa too, some new schools.”

A Jacksonville, Fl. native, Fleming moved to the Nashville area as a freshman year in high school because of his mother’s job. He hopes to make his collegiate decision after the summer, once he’s got a better idea which schools are going to offer during the spring and summer live recruiting periods.

Ultimately, he said his decision will come down to “building the best relationship with the coaches.”

As far as an on-the-court fit: “In AAU it’s hard to show it, but using down-screens, I can use screens really well and get myself free for open shots and stuff like that, so whatever team can provide that, that’ll be good.”

Right now, Ensworth is ranked by ESPN’s recruiting services as the fourth-best prospect in the state of Tennessee and the 36th available shooting guard, but he’s working on his game to try and continue rising in the rankings.

He did show off the ability to take the ball to the rim when he was given the opportunity, though he’s clearly much more comfortable using screens and fading to spots on the perimeter to knock down long-range jumpers off the catch-and-shoot. If he can expand his arsenal to be able to create for himself off the wing, he could be one of the more dangerous scorers in his class.

“Pulling up, my midrange game and getting myself free, shooting off the dribble,” he said when asked what he was working on. “I know I can do it, but just continue to work on it.”
  19. g8rmann

g8rmann Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +160
    A look at Austin Grandstaff.
  20. g8rmann

g8rmann Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +160
    And a little Ted Kapita...