2015 DB Jalen Julius 5-11 175 of West Orange HS, Winter Garden FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Apr 30, 2014.

1. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,544
    Sorry I didn't word that well. By explanation I meant the coaches can't explain to the media/whiners about losing a recruit what happened in that julius didnt follow through on his end of the bargain for the offer to be commitable and so we parted ways.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,054
    My perspectives are misleading. To say it all in one sentence, I think amazing would be a complete turn around, somewhere above 30th nationally in scoring. I don't expect that to happen, nor should I "expect" that. But I do believe we can jump significantly from where we finished last season, even with a new system, QB in new system, etc. To me, a significant jump would be 50th-60th. But that's still middle of the road and on psychologically not what many fans are hoping for. What's significant.... and hold here while I look at the numbers..... 60th last year would have meant we score 29.7 instead of 18.8(+ almost 11 points). 50th would be almost 13 points. Still in the middle but enough to have beaten miami, maybe LSU, georgia, South Carolina, Ga Southern. If that would have happened last year it's a pretty good season. If that happens this year, and the numbers hold up, it's still a pretty big turnaround. Sorry for sounding so down. I think Roper has more than enough in him to get us there but probably not all of it(the improvement) this season.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,066
    No need to apologize. I love a civil debate where both parties can respect each other; even though I can and do get in a few battles. I don't think what you stated here is unreasonable at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,399
    The only way I would fault Muschamp wrt transfers is if there wasn't open competition for playing time. I have doubts about how we've evaluated, managed and coached the QBs in his time here. Don't know about other positions.
  5. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,066
    I can see that, but I'd have to think he relied on the OC to make the QB call.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,393
    You don't say? :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,393
    Qb? Who needs that because the way I've been told it went down was muschamp got angry, started to turn green then barged in to coaches offices, ripped up the clipboards with his teeth and screamed "3rd&15? What do you need a clipboard for? Run the damn ball you dummy, and make sure not to score points while your at it"

I also heard that "get a grip" was said somewhere in there. I dunno, any one else hear this same thing before?:D:D:D
    • Funny Funny x 1