2015 DB Jalen Julius 5-11 175 of West Orange HS, Winter Garden FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Apr 30, 2014.

1. iam4uf

iam4uf Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +384
    I think offense is "in" with HS kids right now, so that's where he wants to go. He might be a project at WR, I have no idea. The speed is intriguing, but if Roper's offense works as planned he should be able to recruit lots of speedy, natural receivers.
  2. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,130
    How does this affect us with Dexter Williams? These guys were best friends, and jalen was recruiting him hard for Florida. Now what if he goes to Miami or somewhere else, does that take Williams' attention off of us and on to some other school?
  3. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,081
    I don't think it will affect him at all. He's still talking to our coaches and is still open to Florida. It also helps that his entire family wants him to go to Gainesville.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +572
    We have to remember that Florida just came off its worst season since the 1979 0-10-1 debacle.
    Our offense was bad to say the least last year. Very bad.
    But 2014 is a new year... new season.

Look at what Awbrin did in one year... got one game from being National Champions.

Most importantly, Roper has not had a chance to showcase his smarts on TV yet here in the SEC.
    I truly feel that we are going to open us some eyes this season!
    And some eyes of those seniors and juniors that are in high school right now.
    Florida is going to have an exciting, fast paced offense that scores A LOT of points in the Swamp.
    And THAT is what fans want now days.
    They do not want a low scoring 10-7 game where they win in the end by three points.
    They rather see lots of touchdowns scored and points on the board and win the game by three points....49-46.
    Let's see what Roper does this season and see where the chips fall.
    I like I chances this season...
    And I like them a lot.

Finally...
    If I was Roper... I would create an offense so effective and efficient... so overpowering that it would just blow recruit's minds out the window. High school seniors, juniors and even sophomores would just be salivating to come to Florida.
    This crap of decommitments will come to an end in no time.

We would be the, "Oregon Of The East"... but with an SEC defense that Oregon would never have.
    I am truly looking forward to 2014 and beyond.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    I really think that I underestimated the impact of last season on recruiting. I knew it would have an impact, just like it did with some of the recruits last year, but it seems like it will really be an issue until the upcoming season starts and these kids can get a read on our program. There must be a ton of negative recruiting going on as well. I know we have the Ray-Ray and Adonis Thomas announcements coming up, but I would actually be surprised if we ended up with either at this point. I feel like we can still end up with a great class, but we will have a lot of catching up to do based on where we are so far compared to the rest of the SEC and the other 2 in-state programs.
  6. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    IMO uf has to have a good season and show vast improvement on O to satisfy top recruits. This season is that important. For me anything less then a 9 win season and the whispers and doubts remain. 8 wins for Uf is like putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    I agree. I do think we could win 8 and be OK with some of these kids provided that our offense looks good in the process. It is 100% necessary to show improvement on the field, especially on offense as you mentioned. We could do that and be 8-4 with this schedule IMO. I feel like we will win 9, but you never know. All I know is recruiting is rather frustrating right now as a result of all of the uncertainty, especially when you compare us to our direct competition.
  8. DeBigLeezard

Ratings Received:
    +572
    I am with Briang8r...
    If we go with an 8 win season...that would be decent. More than 8 wins...that...would be fantastic.
    I know... I know... we ARE Florida....we should be having 9 plus win seasons... EVERY year....

But we need to keep things in prespective here... and that is the hardest thing to do with this season.

We are implementing an entirely new approach to the team...new playbook on offense.

And this playbook has only been seen for the first time by seniors, juniors, sophs and freshmen.
    It's not like we have had this new offense installed for two or three years now and we have had freshmen and sophs learning the system but yet, waiting in wings -- being groomed. From the offensive line to the wide receivers... it is whole new system. And it takes time for that train to get fully loaded up and oiled.

And THEN... we are not in the ACC... with the Nolies' cupcake schedule. On top of that...we have one of the top three toughest schedules in all of college football. Go check out Urbie's schedule. The Bucknuts play a dream schedule.
    Don't get me wrong... if we wind up destroying the Pacyderms and the Poodles... I will be thrilled.
  9. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,289
    For me you can make excuses all the time for losing. SOS say excuses are for losers and he is so right. Last year was injuries (yes Ga So. had lots of injuries too), this year new OC. Let's be honest, if anyone wants to you can justify just about anything with excuses. This is year 4.
  10. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,233
    There is a difference between excuses and reasons. Injuries are without question the primary reason for 4-8. It's more than an excuse. It's also the reason that Muschamp is back IMO. Foley would not have tolerated a season like that unless there were extenuating circumstances that led to those types of results.

Now, I agree with you on this year. I don't like making excuses for an losses before we even play a game. Lord knows we are due for some luck on the field. Realistically though, if we win 8 or more and look MUCH improved doing so, then I think Muschamp is back for 2015 and our recruiting class gets better. That's just my opinion, and I know many others feel differently.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,501
    we dropped him because he wouldnt camp
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. DeBigLeezard

Ratings Received:
    +572
    Ahhhhhh!
    The "Wizard" reports in and now, we know the real reason!
    Thank AZ !
  13. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,100
    Aren't most our offers conditional on this? Meaning he announced he commited to an offer that wasn't completely official knowing he had to camp but then backed off and we look like we lost a recruit because the coaches can't explain this
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,130
    I don't really buy the "injury" excuse from last season, never did. I didn't believe the results would have been all that different if the team was healthy. Give this offensive staff some time. If we just catapult up to slightly below middle of the pack in scoring we should be a lot better. It's Roper's first year and our QB's first year in his system- those are realities that matter. The "fun n gun" is not going to happen so we probably aren't going to be amazed by what happens on the field. Hopefully we improve some on offense and see glimpses of potential. I think Driskel is a decent QB, nothing great, so don't expect that much. Unfortunately we are in a cycle where it likely takes two to three seasons for everything to together, again.

Look for defense and STs being solid, if not great. If that happens and our offense improves some we will be a pretty decent team. That would be a great improvement. Just don't expect miracles. If our STs and defense are weak points on this team I'm going to be very suspicious of our leader's overall grasp of the team concept and his ability to help the program be its best.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. ctresh

ctresh Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,130
    I would agree that we shouldn't expect the "fun and gun" but we should see some "fun and run." But not the typical run on 1st, 2nd, and pass on third. There should be a good mix of play call I think.
  16. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +664
    I think you are way off base here. UF lost its starting QB, the backup QB, the starting TB, PLUS 4 or 5 ALL SEC caliber players ( Easley, Roberson, Green, Debose, Humphreys)

Agree with you here. Christy's tailspin hard to figure. If the defense and ST struggle, its a very bad sign.

Doubt they will though.

There have been some disquieting trends under Muschamp. The transfers of players who could help us, such as Riggs, Silberman, Patchan, Murphy....the rumors of coaching dissension last year.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,737
    There was also talk of an attitude that started to show itself. I don't think for a second we look like we lost a recruit because of an explanation. He knew, like all the rest that may not be automatic takes, that he needed to camp. He also started talking about only wanting to play WR, and then the "attitude" started to rear its head.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tebowism0823

Ratings Received:
    +4,737
    Sure you can, but one has to be smart enough to know whats real and whats not.
  19. Tebowism0823

Ratings Received:
    +4,737
    Injuries are real, not excuses. Sure they don't really explain Ga Southern, but they are not excuses. I would say to ask any coach what it's like to defend a triple option when your defense is dismantled and I'm sure you'll get the same answer across the board.

Really? Majority of our leadership players and you don't believe it would have been any different? Sure, our offense probably would have been meh again, but we would have won more then 4 games; hell, we were close in a lot of them.

A) his offense is not a difficult one to implement and B) most of our skill players came from this type of offense. This is not Roper's first rodeo.

If we are not amazed buy what happens on the field then two things will have happened. 1) Muschamp will be fired and 2) Roper will have changed everything he's done in the past. I don't see either happening.

If Driskel cannot shine in this offense then it will never happen. I believe he will excel in it because it fits his style much better than what we have been trying to make him run. Roper has been multiple "decent" QB in the NFL. I have faith we'll see a Driskel like we have never seen. Not meaning Heisman numbers, but less turnovers, better passes, and smarts between the ears.

I think this season is going to shock a lot of people.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tebowism0823

Ratings Received:
    +4,737
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm not sure how you are placing fault at the feet of Muschamp for players who want to play(start), and decided to transfer. I appreciate all those guys but lets face facts: Patchan could not stay healthy, Riggs stated it was more about his future outside of football, Silberman wants to start his last season, and the same goes for Murphy. Not sure how any "rumors" of coaching dissension would play a factor when they were fired. Would be a fresh start for all involved.
    • Winner Winner x 1