2015 Class - A Bit Concerning?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by alvarez16, Apr 16, 2014.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    Not sure Farrier ends up in this class
  2. easypeasey

easypeasey Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +251
    any reason why you think that or you think he's holding out for an offer from other schools?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +815
    Feel free to ignore facts in your imaginary world, but expect to get called on it here.

UF has signed many ESPN top 100 offensive prospects these last 4 years, but when they either get injured (Humphreys, Driskel, Green, Jones) or are true freshmen (Taylor, Bailey, and Robinson last year, Grier, Sharpe and Harris this year) you don't see the hype translated on the field...yet.

Patience. If 2014 is a more normal injury year, your ridiculous negativity will come back to haunt you.
  4. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +815
    Of course it would be great to get a good QB commit this year, but given the signing of Grier and Harris last year I don't think QB is the one position where we have to be "sure" to get someone good.

I would say OL, DL and TB are greater needs. We need to stack several OL and DL-full classes on top of one another to get beyond having to chase transfers and JUCOs to fill in the gaps.
  5. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    I agree that we have greater needs than QB (LB is also very important IMO), but I do still think it's important that we get one. Coach Muschamp has said that he wants a QB every year for depth, and I kind of see his point. We've paid the price the last 2 years for not having 2-3 quality back ups at the position. I would imagine that the loser of the Grier/Harris battle for starting/backup QB would at least ponder a transfer. Also, it's nice to have the QBs spread throughout the classes so we don't lose our starter AND backup in the same season to graduation.
  6. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,568
    I agree with this, although Roper's tendency to play two QBs could very well keep both Grier and Harris here. They'll probably both get plenty of opportunity to play.
  7. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    I didnt say we didnt need to get OL DL and TB but I said we need to make sure we get a top QB prospect this summer. If you dont get one in the summer you face an uphill battle and you end up with QB's like Skylar.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,607
    Our current class is ranked 34th on Rivals in average ranking per recruit. If a 5 star committed tomorrow we would rocket to 23rd just edging out Nebraska and Kentucky, and still be 11th in the league.
    People can spin out however they want, but to say there is work to do is an understatement. Good news is there is lots of time, they pulled one out of the fire last January.
  9. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +806
    Why don't we wait and see where we end up in February?

This time last year, weren't we all excited about two kids called Cook and Lane? ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Diesel350z

Diesel350z Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +879
    Not sure what your looking at but we are currently 25th on Rivals.
  11. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,607
    As I said in my post, I am looking at average ranking per recruit, which, with yet another 3 star today now sits at 3.13. I think we have fallen to 37th, wedged one spot ahead of Northwestern and 12 spots behind Kentucky.
  12. Briang8r

Briang8r Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    I am not thrilled with the player rankings either, but it's June, and I expect them to improve as we add more of our bigger targets. Also, some of the commits we have (Payton and Jordan) are underrated and will see a positive adjustment in their ratings. As people have said a bunch on this thread and others, this year hinges on our performance on the field. Kids don't want to commit to a coach on the hot seat. Luckily most of the big dogs we are after are at least waiting until the all star games to commit.

Here are a couple positive notes from 247 on some of our big time prospects:

-Florida insider Luke Stampini placed a Crystal Ball for the Gators on Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde Top247 passer Sheriron Jones two weeks ago, and in the last week the meter has shifted completely towards Gainesville. Jones will visit Florida in early June. The Gators are currently fielding 71 percent of the 21 predictions for the nation’s No. 5 dual-threat quarterback according to 247Sports, with Arizona holding the rest of the pulse.

•Florida now holds all 43 predictions for the nation’s top offensive tackle Martez Ivey.
    •The Gators now claim 86 percent of the forecasts for the nation’s No. 2 strong-side defensive end Byron Cowart.
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,826
    What's our "beloved" former coach meyer got as a avg per recruit? 3.33 and he just picked up his whopping 3rd commit. Your not concerned for him are you? You notice what cece and Byron ' s rated, for star seekers, 5* 6.1. Byron, 5* 6.1 cece, 4* 6.0 ray ray, George campbell 4* 6.0, martez ivey 4* 6.0, holland, Adonis smith, tevon coney, all 4 *. Still in the mix for 5 * damien harris, 5 * safety Roundtree.

All our main targets are still on the board. And that's the trend that is being established. The bigger the fish the longer they take to bite. It's all about the moment to these kids.

Oh and Fwiw, last year at this time Travis Rudolph was just starting his climb from 3 * wr to 5* #1 wr and #11 overall on rivals, not saying that will be Dillon or payton but both so far are already shining in camps. Patience is a virtue my friend :)
    • Like Like x 1