2014 WR Ermon Lane of Homestead HS Homestead FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 12, 2013.

1. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +325
    An early signing period may be good for the colleges but I don't see it as being in the best interest of the kids. It's a hard enough decision for them to make by the end of their senior year.
  2. Neptune

Neptune Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    But part of the fun is that this is a place where we can suspend logic and consistency and all that jolly rot and just enjoy the trash-talk and banter between recruits and the fan bases. I don't necessarily come here to be consistent and unimpeachable. I'm just having a good time, enjoying being a fan of UF, and the stuff that makes college football so much damn fun to watch, follow, etc.

Carry on, lads!
  3. Spleezy

Spleezy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68
    As many have said before it's not that he decommitted it's that he and his friend trolled UF a month before doing so and then started to bash us. Tabor and Powell do this?? It may be guilt by association but I doubt it.
  4. gators87

gators87 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +61
    Will FSU save money on living costs when Dalvin Cook and Ermon Lane share a bed in Tallahassee next year?
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. PTCGator

PTCGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Great post! Its refreshing to see someone who understands what happens to these kids while they are being recruited. I'm glad he gave us a chance to fill a spot of need! The guys I hate are the ones who dump us at the last minute when we have absolutely no chance to fill the spot. Thank you Mr. Lane. I wish you well in your college career unless you are playing my Gators!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602
    So is Jackson going to play WR or DB? I think he stays and Lane is a fool decommiting with Grier coming in but glad he is gone now rather than siging day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +278
    I agree with Gator_n_sc...
    Lane did not play tricks with us. As far as we know, he was unfront with the Gator staff, etc.
    No excessive games or showboating on Twitter, etc.

Let's continue to be classy in this situation. Over the years, I have known of circumstances where Gator commitments decided to go elsewhere at the last minute, only to find out after one year at the college choice that their new coaches were not honest with them, told them what they wanted to hear, etc.
    Remember Robert Marve, the quarterback from Tampa Plant that Florida tried to recruit? He went on to Miami.
    I have long time friends who played for Miami back in the 70's... they knew what happened there. Connect the dots and one can see why the coaching staff at H. B. Plant were NOT happy with Wandy.
    I have also known of players (or family members) contacting Florida coaches and telling them that they (or their son) made a mistake by not coming to Florida. You will be amazed at how many times this has happened.

So, lets cut Lane some slack and be respectful to his wishes.
    The bigest challenge that we have are those individuals posing as Gator Fans on Twitter, etc... and blasting Lane. When in reality, they are FSU fans just trying to piss Lane off against Florida.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jacare

jacare Member

Ratings Received:
    +4
    everyone wants to play with who they think is a winner and be real guys we didn't show much last season ... so it is what it is but we all know a UF education/degree far out weighs one from that state school in tally
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gymgator

gymgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    You are right wingtee. Next time a player commits, I will post, "They verbally committed, but probably will decommit in January." That will go over well.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. UFLAW81

UFLAW81 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,342
    Maybe he is trolling FSU fans.
    Just a thought.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. beachgator23

beachgator23 Member

Ratings Received:
    +32
    Brewster got Cook & Lane to silent to FSU in October. Lane maybe early November. Cook was allowed to commit only after their RB board cleared out(IE Fournette, Scarborough). Lane is holding off as not to spook prospect M.Dupre or CJ Worton and JoJo Robinson (IF FSU actually wants to keep those 2). If Dupre committed to FSU they would probably send 1 or both of Worton&JoJo packing and Lane would immediately commit to FSU. Otherwise Lane will wait until signing day on Dupre and/or FSU's other higher rated commits rolled in.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. GatorCrazy11

GatorCrazy11 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +82
    I don't think anyone should 100% rule out the possibility that he will recommit to UF. While it doesn't seem likely, we all know he had a strong on-field connection with Grier and he may feel renewed confidence in our staff with our recent recruiting surge. Plus once all the hoopla has thoroughly died down and he stops receiving hateful messages on social media, he may feel comfortable again with our fanbase and the fit at UF.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +365
    Do any of these "flips" still have committable offers from us, or do we pull them immediately?
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
  15. severnt

severnt Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Don't forget, MC is the flipper. His actual strategy is to let them go, so he can flip them back for our amusement! I actually wouldn't be surprised if Muschamp flipped Lane back before signing day. If Lane were to break down the situations as FSU and UF and make a logical decision for playing time / exposure for NFL, it would be here. He likely would have the opportunity day one to be our "go to" receiver. I can't see how that would happen at FSU (unless he's Percy level freaky, but even then less sharing of playing time here). My point is, if Muschamp is this good at flipping commits that we didn't even know were on the radar, I imagine he could flip a former UF commit back to us especially when it's a position in critical need of a top talent.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  16. mtxlife214

mtxlife214 Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    I see your argument and I cant agree more, but on the flip side he is a young kid and I mean as much as I hate to say it......its almost a no brainer, if you think like most High school kids would. I can hear Jimbo saying it now " Ermon, you don't want to play for them, just look at the last 3 years, FSU puts up more offense in 1 game than they can in 1 year! how many times did you see them throw the deep ball? Come play for us, We are the defending national champions, and you can come in and compete right away for Kelvin Benjamin's role. Just think about having Heisman winning Jameis Winston throwing you TD's. You want exposure? Cant beat the National championship, heck florida didn't even make a bowl game this year. Oh you say Grier throws a nice ball? Well I put my last 2 QBs in the draft, and soon to be 3rd, how many has florida put?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. canadian_gator

canadian_gator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    exactly, its too easy to recruit against us right now
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. mtxlife214

mtxlife214 Member

Ratings Received:
    +62
    At the same time I think our staff is doing an unbelievable job recruiting given the circumstances.
  19. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,029
    Thank you for helping FSU and their recruiting. Good job. I know you have good intentions, but come on.... I wish these posts would wait 'till AFTER signing day. I know it won't effect Lane's choice, but there's still other players out there that might be on the fence.
  20. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +465
    It goes both ways, my son. Muschamp, Roper, and the rest of the staff have one thing working in its favor: change. That concept was the foundation for an entire presidential campaign six years ago, and it was one of the driving forces in determining the outcome of that election.

You're also forgetting that Winston will likely only be on campus for one more season, and FSU doesn't exactly have a guy like Grier waiting in the wings. So Lane catches passes for one year (assuming he even becomes a starter) from Winston, and then what?

Btw, Roper also has quite a reputation for developing QBs, and it's no secret that he's learned under one of the elite minds in the biz. I'd be selling that. I'd be selling 48 points, against an SEC defense, with Duke's athletes. Muschamp can say, "Son, we had a down year, but look at who we've brought in to help turn this thing around. This is Florida; regardless of what happened this past season, we play for titles. That's who we are, and that's what we do."

But people like you probably think that's just a load of crap. It's a good thing we have 21 athletic, talented kids committed right now who don't. And we're going to add more.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1