2014 Jamarco Jones 6-5 290 OT Chicago De La Salle Midwest visits

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gator996, Apr 5, 2013.

1. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    http://fansided150.com/2013/04/05/ohio-state-football-recruiting-michigan-state-hosts-jamarco-jones/

Ohio State Football Recruiting: Michigan State hosts Jamarco Jones

2014 four-star Chicago offensive tackle Jamarco Jones is one of the top recruits in the nation, and the elite offensive lineman is being recruited as hard as anyone in the Midwest reason. Jones is taking a lot of visits in early April, and he will visit the Michigan State Spartans today after taking a trip to check out the in-state rival Michigan Wolverines. Prior to the Michigan visit, Jones checked out the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Wednesday. On Monday, the Ohio State Buckeyes will host Jamarco Jones.

One of the top three recruits in the state of Illinois, Jones is high on the Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, Northwestern Wildcats, Florida Gators , Michigan State Spartans, Oklahoma Sooners, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Wisconsin Badgers, and Vanderbilt Commodores. Of those nine teams that Jones is taking a close look at, Ohio State is in the best position to land Jones.

Today’s visit to Michigan State is a big one early in Jones’s recruitment, because it will allow him to match that visit with the other visits he is taking. He likes all of the schools in the Midwest he is taking trips to this week, so this is a chance for those schools to separate themselves from the rest of the pack.
  2. gator1986

gator1986 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +570
    You know.. I was literally about to start a thread on this kid... I have read a lot about him and wondering where we stand with him...
  3. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    Your welcome :grin:
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281
    I was just at his high school two days ago. It's directly adjacent to the college my son attends. The train platform at the Illinois Institute of Technology overlooks the football field at the La Salle Academy. That's a great high school and Jamarco is an excellent student with a reported 4.2 GPA. Remember reading very positive remarks about his interest in UF.
  5. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,489
    Has he visited or does he have any visits planned at the University of Florida?
  6. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't Tread on me! VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +795
    I hope we can reel him in for a visit.
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,281
    He hasn't visited us, but Coach Davis visited him last fall, just after he was offered. UF was of the first programs outside the Big 10 to get after him. Interest was very high at one point, but Ohio State appears to be out in front. Gotta get him on campus soon. Seems like the kind of kid that wants to get it over with then focus on the season and his academics.

Really like getting super smart OL. They learn their positions quickly then become leaders on the field.