2014 Gator Recruit : WR Ryan Sousa Orlando, FL (Lake Nona)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Dec 2, 2013.

1. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7

Don't really care what u think, I don't have to lie man. To add to it, the first time I dunked 10 feet was in the 9th grade at 5 ft 10 inches....oh and by the way my pops bench presses 600 pounds for 2 reps at 61 years old and has never touched steroids....
  2. gatorbait1

gatorbait1 Member

Ratings Received:
    +7

My dad bench pressing 500 pounds for 5 reps at 61 years old

-running a 4.4 in high school is not uncommon . I know plenty guys who do it and thru didn't make it to a school like Florida....just daying
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
    I know plenty of people that claim to run 4.4s and don't come close to it when laser timed...just saying

40 times are a complete joke at the HS and collegiate level. They aren't properly timed and the vast majority of the people end up substantially slower when testing at the combine than they did as HS juniors/seniors despite having years of maturity and, strength and speed training. The fact you believe 4.4s are common and easily achievable further illustrates the issue.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...13-nfl-combine-high-school-40-yard-dash-times
  4. NoahBeanBizzel

NoahBeanBizzel Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +599
    Exactly. I certainly wasn't slow, but I never came close to tearing off a 4.4. Lydell Ross was our starting tailback at Gaither, he actually played division one ball, and he wasn't a 4.4 guy. The recruiting services greatly exaggerated his speed.

People don't realize how fast a true 4.4 really is. There are starting wide receivers and corners in the NFL that aren't that fast. To the poster who claimed to do it in high school, I wouldn't say you're a liar, but having that kind of speed is extremely rare.
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,322

Thank you.
  6. Speedgator84

Speedgator84 Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    As I said in my last reply, its all about "game speed". I know very well what a 4.4 is, and yes they are few and far between. However, on a field during the game hardly ever does a player have the opportunity to run 40 yards linear unabated...and linear speed does not automatically transfer to change of direction (COD).

Thats why the terms like "elusive", "playing fast" and "playmaker" are used..... Its a combination of position skill, instinct, agility, speed, and mental toughness....not just being a "4.4 guy". There are no guarantees just because you run 4.4. There are many college and NFL skill players who are very successful and have never run 4.4. Speed alone is a track star!
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +465
    I saw plenty enough speed in that video. He looks really polished for a high school WR
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,567
    Go Gators!

Any new info on Ryan?

Brought up from page 5.
  9. ametcalf

ametcalf Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    I can see this kid developing into a solid receiver. Based on his highlight clips on youtube...I'd say this is a great pick up! He's got really good acceleration, and if he's strong, like stated in a previous post, then I could see him finding the field relatively early.

10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,053
    His burst seems to be in the first 10 or 20 yards. That probably explains his excellent route running ability. He doesn't seem to get a lot of YAC, but that's not that important if you can pull down 90 balls in a season. I don't think this kid is a game breaker, but he's definitely a chain mover.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,053
    Just looked up his measurables, 6', 180 lbs, 4.5 in the 40, 35" VJ, 300+ BP, 400+ squat, 3.9 second shuttle. That's blistering. (Percy's shuttle time was about 4.3.) How is this kid a three star prospect? Those are outstanding numbers and 92 catches, 1600 yards and 21 TDs tells me that it translates to football speed.

I know that 40 times are often fudged or crudely timed, but Rivals doesn't seem to publish measurables anymore unless they have something from a legitimate combine. If anyone has ever seen numbers from recent Nike high school combines, you've seen some pretty unimpressive numbers from players reputed to be very fast. UF's Adam Lane fastest time at a Nike combine was 4.7. That was during track season his junior year and he was about 20 pounds lighter than he is now.
  12. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,567

2.5.2014 Signed Letter of Intent.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gatorintx2014

gatorintx2014 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    Wow, just got to watch this kid's film. His ability to catch the ball away from his body and to catch at its high point is great!
    • Agree Agree x 1