2014 Gator Recruit # . TE DeAndre Goolsby of Derby High School, Derby KS

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by feartheswamp2009, Nov 8, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    if it makes you feel any better he is a 4 star on rivals and number 3 TE
  2. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,251
  3. goneagaingator

goneagaingator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +707
    Taylor will be a redshirt sophomore next season. That was the exact same point in Reed's career that he started to bust out, if I remember correctly.

Not to say that Taylor is going to be as good as Reed, but you certainly can't label him-or Thompson-a bust just yet.
  4. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Not impressed with all of these 3* players Muschamp keeps bringing in. I'm not big a stars but it seems like he recruits quite a bit and look where are team has gone. People like to say this is Urban's fault that were in the toilet right now but Muschamp has had plenty of time to get players in here. Our oline sucks right now look who he has bring in and managed to keep. Our Wr suck same thing look who he has bring in. Muschamp is not good at evaluating offensive talent. He needs to go yesterday.
  5. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    u realize, based off of espn, 11 of our 15 commits are 4 stars. U do know cook, lane, and grier are pretty much 5stars? Other than the oline recruiting u really cant complain
  6. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    I'm not talking about just this years class. I'm talking as a whole since Muschamp. His classes to me have seemed top top heavy.
  7. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    Props to Samit23 for putting this list together. I copied his list from the post in Swamp Gas regarding why we are what we are as a program and added my own sidebars to the players. I also didn't use all of Meyer's classes, only the ones that had contributors to his team.

2009 - Meyer Class
    Andre Debose - WR - Starter/Out For Season
    Xavier Nixon - OL - Graduated
    Nick Alajajian - OL - Starter/Out For Season
    Mike Gillislee - RB - Graduated
    Jordan Reed - TE - Early NFL Entry
    Desmond Parks - TE - Transfer
    Stephen Ali - WR - Left Program
    Kyle Koehne - OL - Career Backup
    Jon Harrison - OL - Starter
    Jon Halapio - OL - Starter

2010 - Meyer Class
    Mack Brown - RB - Starter
    Gerald Christian - TE - Transfer
    Chris Dunkley - WR - Transfer
    Ian Silberman - OL - Backup/Starter
    Chaz Green - OL - Starter/Out For Season
    Solomon Patton - WR - Starter
    Trey Burton - WR - Starter
    Quinton Dunbar - Starter
    Tyler Murphy - QB - 3rd String Now Starter
    Michael McFarland - TE - Transfer

2011 - Muschamp Class (Mostly Meyer Class)
    Jeff Driskel - QB - Starter/Out For Season
    Ja-Juan Story - WR - Transfer
    AC Leonard - Transfer
    Mike Blakely - RB - Transfer
    Javares McRoy - Transfer
    Clay Burton - Starter/Converted DE
    Valdez Showers - Flex RB/Converted DB
    Jacoby Brissett - QB - Transfer
    Trip Thurman - OL - Non Playing Back Up Playing A Lot Of Minutes
    Tommy Jordan- OL - Injuries No Longer Playing
    Hunter Joyer - FB - Starter
    Tevin Westbrook - Starter/Converted DE

2012 - Muschamp Class
    DJ Humphries - OL - Starter Playing Under Weight
    Jessamen Dunker - OL - Dissmissed a From Team
    Colin Thompson - TE - Injured
    Kent Taylor - TE - Redshirting
    Matt Jones - RB - Starter/Out For Season
    Latroy Pittman - WR - Backup
    Skyler Mornhinweg - QB - Backup
    Raphael Andrades - WR - Backup

2013 - Muschamp Class
    Kelvin Taylor - Backup/Starter
    Demarcus Robinson - WR - Backup
    Alvin Bailey - WR - Redshirting
    Ahmad Fulwood - WR - Backup
    Adam Lane - RB - Redshirting
    Marqui Hawkins - WR - Redshirting
    Max Staver - QB - Redshirting
    Roderick Johnson - OL - Probable Redshirt
    Trenton Brown - OL - Backup/Starter
    Octavius Jackson - OL - Probable Redshirt
    Chris Thompson - WR - Backup
    Trevon Young - OL Redshirt
    Tyler Moore - OL - Starter/Out For Season
    Max Garcia - Starter

As you can see, quite a few offensive starters from Meyer's last class. Mushchamp's first class was all about keeping the kids committed committed and adding what he could. Expectedly, that class has a lot of transfers. That class also gave us our two TE's that were defensive players converted to offense. The 2012 class is short on offensive talent and Muschamp & Co deserve criticism for their misses in this class. However, with that said, Weiss bolting killed us with Diggs and Algohor, as we found out later, was all USC from the beginning. Those guys would really help now. 2012 & 2013 have, and should have, a lot of redshirts. We do have some contributors for us this season that will pay dividends moving to next year.

I think changing offensive systems, and drastically changing at that, left very little room for error. A lot of transfers from 2011 was expected. Those kids were recruited by Meyer to run the spread option. Because of that we needed to hit on 2012. We did OK with some key misses. However, the biggest loss from that class has been Dunker. He was one of our best young O-line guys & his dismissal really hurt. This year we are operating on Meyer holdovers with some of Muschamps younger guys. He is recruiting lights out with offensive players this class. The future is bright guys. Very bright.
  8. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,791
    Well said, but I doubt it will do much to silence the pitchfork crowd.
  9. jdubb34

jdubb34 Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    It's the eternal optimist in me. All I hope is that someone gets a little more info to form a perspective that is reality based and can see why the program is where it is.

The coaches, all of them, that have taken over a program & are finding immediate success, have only had to deal with what a coach should have to deal with: 1) a little turnover from any coaching change. 2) some acclimation to system changes. Name me any other coach that has had to deal with what Muschamp has had to deal with and is on top of the CFB world?

-Again, Meyer said himself that the program was "broken". IDK what that means because I am just an alum and fan of my school. I wasn't in the locker room. IDK what went on internally, but I do know that I cannot think of a time a top tier coach like Meyer was stating that about he school he had just left. Why would they? It is a direct reflection on them. He went so far as to say that he wouldn't let his son play there. Wow. Just wow.

-Major culture change required. Ask guys like Powell, Floyd & Easley. They were Freshman and talked openly later in their careers about the lack of team or family feeling. They spoke of upperclassman alienating and treating the underclassman so poorly that they wanted to leave. That isn't the case now. All of the players speak of family and it shows. This season, if ever a season, would be the time to turn & they haven't. Matter of fact, they blame themselves & not each other. Huge shift. If this were 2010, this team would be at each other's throats.

-Muschamp has come in and completely changed offensive schemes. Night & day. That alone will take longer to see the changes. Recruiting & development do not happen overnight. Last year the offense did just enough (filled with guys who were recruited for the spread option) and the D was lights out. We also had a kicker that was so good, he was taken in the 4th round and is starting in the league. Huge loss there. Saban, Summlin, Malzahn, Briles, all had the same or very similar offensive systems that preceded them, thus providing the talent to run it until their guys were fully running the show. Not the case here.

-I thought at the time that the Weiss higher was great. We've now learned, through a larger same size, that Weiss isn't built for CFB. His stints in the NFL = very successful. His stints in CFB = train wreck. Weiss also appears to have lost us Diggs as well. I will say though, it would have been interesting to see what 2011 would have been like had Brantley not suffered that high ankle sprain. We were rolling against Alabama until he went out. We then were forced to play two true freshman and we see how that turned out.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,791
    Again, thank you for posting maybe you enlightened a few, I doubt it though, some really hard heads out there that will not open their eyes and minds. But you did a really good job, I would never have had the patience to do this.
  11. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    This list. Means nothing to me. It shows me that only this past class is showing any progress. Does this mean we should praise him, not in my eyes.
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248
    I believe Muschamp should be given another year but I can't say he has done a good job to date. I'm sick of people giving him a pass on everything. He's clearly made missteps as a first time coach and that's to be expected but you won't get more than a four year period at an elite school. Injuries or not, he has to put up or Foley will send him packing and you can be sure he knows this.

Now, if he holds on to Cook and Lane it will go a long way to helping him out. The OL recruits and Grier, while necessary for our program's future, won't help next year.
  13. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,791
    Damn, I am surprised. Nobody is giving him a pass, we just don't want to blow things up now, we are close to getting where we need to be. If he can't do it with a proper roster, I will be the first to say it. He needs to fix the program first, that's a very very difficult thing to do.
  14. gatorkev_85

gatorkev_85 Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    And what happens when you give him another year and he still fails. Thats another year down the drain. What happens if he's given another year he fails then you hire another coach that needs to get his players to run his system cause Muschamp players are not the right fit. Now you've set our program back 3-4 instead of 1-2. We need to start now. I believe if you change now you still have time to keep the key players in this class. JF resigned tomorrow and someone else took his spot tomorrow, would they keep Muschamp after looking at his win lose record and the attendance this past week on homecoming. I never even heard them say how my people showed up. Boos rained down on a regular basis Saturday in the swamp. When was the last time people did that. And everyone keeps saying who's out there, go take a lesser teams staff. We are Florida if we want to take someone's staff we do it. There are only a handful of teams we couldn't pluck from Bama,LSU,OSU, ect. Maybe 10 teams out there. Go take what you want.
  15. mdfgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,791
    Is this a serious question?
  16. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,441
    There was a poster on here that said regardless of what you heard he was at the home coming game and said it was packed. He names certain. Rows and designated areas (that I'm not familiar with) that were completely packed. Don't shoot the messenger cause I wasn't there. But I believe they said there was like 88,000 people in attendance.
    Attendance has been a college football problem in general, so much so they have done pieces on it on espn. For me watching a important game I like to view it on the tv, hard to see details while in the stands.
  17. ofmgator

ofmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +244
    Seems like we've signed a couple of top prospects at TE within the last year or two.Where are they now?
  18. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,046
    One was injured and the other is too skinny to play TE all the time.
  19. Ironshafts

Ironshafts only easy day was yesterday VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +697
    Goolsby is a stud quit bitching about things. fixing programs take time. All recruit don't turn out as rated. Kickers all all known for head cases. Coaches can only do so much. If they players don't have the work ethic or drive they won't succeed no matter how much coaching and developing they get
  20. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +486
    Let's see what Kent Taylor does next year at tight end.
    I bet he beefs up and still keeps his speed and hands.
    Sometimes it just takes not getting injured, beefing up and gaining some confidence out there.