2014 Gator Recruit : TE C'yontai Lewis of Northridge High School, Tuscaloosa, AL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, May 23, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    iHoop_iCatch ‏@idunklewis 7h
    Just Committed to Florida ��

Tuscaloosa, AL (Northridge)
    6'5 208

C'yontai Lewis highlights http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1012566/highlights/36495434

Another poster said he is the cousin of Bo Scarbrough they also go to the same school which is very interesting.

Bo's highlights http://www.hudl.com/athlete/479359/highlights/1011993

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN 13m
    Confirmed: Cyontai Lewis has committed to Florida. Said Muschamp told him he wouldn't recruit any more tight ends

wow at that statement
  2. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    He's gonna be good in due time and this really helps with bo they are very close.
  3. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Don't like not recruiting more TEs- after we got the top 2 in the nation in 2012 and they both have been nonexistent we probably need to have at least 4 good TEs at all times.
  4. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I agree with you but they were both freshmen what do you expect? One was hurt the whole year and the other needed to gain weight.
  5. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,530
    Yeah AZ, C'yantai will as well.
  6. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    The headline story was over the top. Don't know what makes an undersized TE ranked #23 a "Huge Commit" except that he's from Tuscaloosa. If Bama wanted him, they'd have him already. Nice frame, good speed, but I wonder why no one but UF and Miss State offered. Let's get him to camp and see if he's a keeper. It's a big jump from signing the #2 and #3 TE in the same class.
  7. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    I'm not sure I get this. He's not ranked at all by Rivals and doesn't even show up at all as a prospect on the GC board. I know neither are the coaches boards, but I guess this seems like a huge stretch at this point. Especially to promise a kid that looks like a project that we aren't going to recruit any other TEs.

Scarbrough has been committed to Bama for 8 months. I don't see him changing because of this. Maybe the coaches know something we don't.
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I have seen film on a lot of the TE's this year and to be honest not many in the country stood out. A lot low 4 star high 3 star players not much difference between the 5 th best TE and the 30th best. If you are going to take one might as well take one who is the the cousin and teammate of the one of the best athletes in the country.
  9. gatormoe1

gatormoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +32
    Man I just watched Bo's highlights and I'd waste a scholly just for a chance at him.

FWIW, I'm not saying Lewis is a waste.. just hypothetically.
  10. RepubliGator84

RepubliGator84 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +206
    I like stealing one from the Bamers backyard. They may not have targeted him, but it's like getting a player out of Lousiana or taking one from Clemson (or someday getting one from Columbia in Lake City)- it sends a message
  11. KendrellJones

KendrellJones New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    AtlantaGator86...

Shadduppa YOU. Or...I'll come over there and stop that godawfull whining and snivelling once and for all.

Capisce???
  12. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    The staff has said no or told some other kids that are ranked higher that they have to camp.

The last TE we offered Montez Sweat also only had one big offer before we offered and that was by Miss State. He then got a Vandy offer and committed a few days later. Only reason he took the Vandy offer is because UF told him he had to camp.

In the past week this is what happen to Sweat

Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams 18 May
    Duke Iowa IowaSt UNC MissSt MichSt Illinois Wisconsin FSU GT Tenn Clemson BC NCState Wake have all offered TE Montez Sweat per his coach.

However he was a little different because Sweat didn't play football last year.

Lewis will also camp at UF we will see what happens after that.
  13. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    Lol @the people complaining about cyontai not being rated. If you've never seen him play then u don't know what he can do.
    + tall, goes up to get the ball, very good hands, good strides, has the frame to put on plenty of good weight
    - skinny, not elite speed, needs to work on route running, new to the TE position
    Yea he's a project but tbh all recruits are. And this really helps with bo as they are very close
  14. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,914
    Good hands, uses his height well. I trust the coaches
  15. jshaas

jshaas VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3

I tend to agree...I would call this huge at all.. only a few offers from small schools.. headline is misleading and right now I agree.. going from 2 top tight ends to a guy that isn't on anyones radar? i would say gators get a commitment..that's as far as I would go..
  16. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    So by your logic if a player isn't 3-star or above and doesn't have 50 offers then its a waste of a scholly.....got you
  17. GataBaitx3

GataBaitx3 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Bo. Scarborough. Yes.
  18. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Not saying a waste of a schools, just a scratch of the head, especially since we told him we wouldn't take any more TEs. The #1 TE we signed a year ago is still to small at 230. This kid weighs only 208. I can trust the coaches and scratch my head at the same time.
  19. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    It's at least 50/50 he was only offered to get a shot at Bo right?
  20. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/florida-lands-under-radar-tight-133104191--nfl.html

Florida lands under-the-radar tight end

By Dave Miller | National Football Post

[​IMG]

Alabama native Cyontai Lewis gave a verbal pledge to Florida on Thursday night, giving the Gators a tight end considered to have a high ceiling by many recruiting analysts.

The 6-4, 230-pound Class of 2014 product from Northridge High School (Tuscaloosa, AL) is from the Crimson Tide's backyard, so it's a nice "get" for Will Muschamp and his staff.

Lewis was severely underrecruited, as he entered the week without any offers until Wednesday, when Mississippi State extended a scholarship offer, according to ESPN.com's GatorNation blog. The next day, the Gators offered and Lewis accepted.

Lewis made 20 catches for 249 yards and three touchdowns as a junior in high school, where he is teammates with Alabama pledge Bo Scarbrough, who is one of the best running backs in the country.

Because he has good size and athleticism, Lewis can play both on the line of scrimmage and in the slot. So his ability to create mismatches against slower linebackers and smaller cornerbacks will be a welcome addition to Florida, which now has eight commitments in the 2014 class.