2014 Gator Recruit # . OT Nolan Kelleher of Wando HS Mt Pleasant SC

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 10, 2013.

1. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    He said the 4th isn't necessarily lambert. I'm pretty sure he knows where Lammons is going. Could someone else commit that isn't being talked about? I tried to get nick to spill it but he wont
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Of course somebody that isnt being talked about could commit this coming week. A lot of kids want to get this over with before the high school season starts but lets just sit back and enjoy the ride
  3. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +410
    Early enrollee makes him a 4+ star. Love it when Gators bring in these kids early for Spring ball and Summer conditioning, as gives them an extra year in S&C program and allows them to be ready to play in year 2.
  4. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    Need all the big bodies we can get, and the pancake blocks are fun.
  5. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,628
    Like that he's smart, EE and declaring himself an engineering major (no way he is actually able to do that). The brainier OL have almost always succeeded at UF. Like his size as well. Doesn't have too far to go to be ready to play, especially since Dillman will get to start working with him in January.
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Strange his father is a Nuclear engineer and he wanted to go to Stanford. It will be interesting to see what he ends up majoring in
  7. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,244
    He won't be the first football player to major in an engineering field.
  8. AndrewSpivey

AndrewSpivey Recruiting Reporter Staff Member GC Staff VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,469
    Nolan can play all 5 positions on the line
  9. AndrewSpivey

Ratings Received:
    +14,469
    Someone else could announce but the four guys have already announced when they will decide
  10. ufballer86

ufballer86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    need to get him to be good friends lorenzo carter. doesnt he wanna major in engineering too? im glad i did :)
  11. AndrewSpivey

Ratings Received:
    +14,469
    Yes I believe LC wants to be in engineering.
  12. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,166
    Offensive linemen to me are some of the hardest kids to evaluate. So much of their position is all about discipline and mental toughness, not measurables or upside. That's why you just need as many as you can get.
  13. LurkerExposed

LurkerExposed Member

Ratings Received:
    +46
    The SC in-state schools were hesitant to offer Kelleher: he attended camps at both Clemson and USC, but he had a bit of bad weight until early this year. He spent an awful lot of time reshaping his body during the winter and early 2013, and it has shown in his camps. He is a pretty smart kid, and wants to major in engineering: he got initial interest from Stanford and flew out there on an unofficial and participated in a camp (see above video highlights), but wasn't offered, which dropped them a bit on his list. He also visited Notre Dame earlier in the year (they reportedly have a good engineering program) but failed to get an offer from them.

USC was focusing on getting 2 OL in this limited class, with the possibility of 3. After evaluating Kelleher in a camp last year, USC had him down on their list quite a bit, and focused on Donnell Stanley and Bentley Spain as their primary targets. Spain ultimately cooled on USC and chose his in-state school UNC, and Stanley is reportedly expected to choose USC around the start of the season. When Spain was marked off the list, USC offered Kelleher around the end of May but IMO it was too little too late to the party. USC also accepted the commitment of OL Malik Young, and is done at OL for this cycle...

UF offered him I believe when he attended their FNL camp last month. Lawing recruited him I think while he was still on USC staff. He certainly has the measurables for a SEC-caliber OL, and good foot-work. He could play either tackle or guard for UF....
  14. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Keller has had a offer for a long time and he was not at Florida's FNLs
  15. FunnGunn

FunnGunn Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Great pickup. He's has all the prerequisites, big, can move, nasty streak, likes to work and is smart. Think I saw somewhere that his parents would be moving to wherever he attends school. May have been someone else but if true you have to like his chances of realizing his potential. All big men need work, not all of them are capable of it or willing.
  16. gatorsallday

gatorsallday Member

Ratings Received:
    +50
    You may be thinking about tristen hoge OL 2015 just visited. his parents said they are moving wherever he goes to watch
  17. FunnGunn

FunnGunn Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    You're right, just found it.
  18. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,850
    Great to have Nolan as a Gator!
  19. gtj31

gtj31 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133
    Mechanical Engineering only has a couple bad classes including Fluid Mechanics, thermodynamics, and Vibrations. The first and the last are very math intensive and if you don't have a very good math mind you will struggle mightily. In Thermo, it is abstract because you are talking about properties you can't physically evaluate (unlike pressure and temperature which make sense in the average person's brain).

As the end of the day, if he can survive the first 2 years he should be fine. The problem is the first 2 years and the school's desire to kick people out of Engineering. As a rule, the classes aren't that bad but big social adjustments followed by huge, impersonal, moderately difficult classes leads to a large drop rate. He will have tudors which will help dramatically because the average student is on their own to learn these subjects when there are 500 kids in your class. The teacher's goal is not to teach you. The teacher's goal is to get through the material. If you learn, great. If not, oh well.

Degory majored in Engineering if I recall. He was quite sharp. There was a track guy at Texas that was extremely impressive (Donovan something). All-American and majored (plus a Master's) in petroleum engineering. Immediately went to work for ExxonMobil at some monstrous salary I am sure (120K I would bet immediately out of school).

Engineering can be done. It isn't that hard. Engineers are typically poor mathematicians and poor physicists. That is why I became an Engineer. I wasn't smart enough to be a very good physicist.
  20. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Hope he's staying in contact with other schools.