2014-15 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +142
    Yes, sounds like a working relationship
  2. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Jocelyn Mousty to Texas Tech...bit surprised she didn't go to a bigger basketball school. The one site I have seen that ranks JUCOs had her at #3.
  3. BigIgator25

Ratings Received:
    +142
    Saw some film on her, was not too impressed. She would have been another big body though
  4. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Found this on line:

Despite all of this — and her volleyball scholarship to Florida — Alhassan’s first love was basketball. A YouTube video shows her dunking at practice, and Geiser said that she can now reach a full 14 inches above the rim.

Alhassan will be on the Holy Cross basketball team again this winter and said that playing both sports at Florida is a possibility, depending on the circumstances.

“Playing basketball has kept me in really good shape for volleyball. And all the jumping in volleyball has helped my rebounding in basketball,” she said. “I don’t want to play [basketball] my freshman year, but I don’t know what’s going to happen afterwards.”
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Apparently we have a new Gator... Carla Batchelor... JUCO....going to look up info now.
  6. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Any body is a plus for this program, but this seems like a strange add. From stats and short youtube clips, it seems she's a strong 5'11 wing with no outside shot. She averaged 12 ppg at NW FL JuCo (2nd on team, albeit a top 10 JuCo program) and was ranked as the #34 JuCo recruit by ASGR. From MD, but originally committed to UTEP out of HS. Kind of similar to incoming recruit Dee Anderson maybe? With only 2 years though, I'm not really sure she'll make a huge impact. I guess Butler and staff must see something there to bring her in though.

At the moment, our depth chart for next season is now looking something like:
    1: Peoples / Young
    2: Miller / Needles / Anderson
    3: Williams / Bannister / Batchelor
    4: Lewis / Copeland / (Mercer?)
    5: Lorenzen / Dimaite
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Fullcourt gave her a nice write up...I think she is definitely used as a Wing. I see the main roster next year as....

1.Peoples
    2.Bannister
    3.Lewis
    4.Williams
    5.Lorenzen

Don't anticipate Mercer on the team.... I'd like to see 3 more key contributors off the bench. One of Needles, Miller, Young to back up the 1-2 spots... 1 of Copeland and Dimaite to back up 4-5... without Mercer there really isn't a great option backing up the 3 except maybe an undersized Miller or Bannister but I really think Bannister is our starter at the 2. this is where Bachelor or Anderson probably come in. Amanda has a pretty solid record of picking up JUCOs who do well so I trust her on this one. Don't think she'd waste a ship if she didn't think the girl would contribute.
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Also a name to watch is McKenna Treece. She was released from her LOI at Kansas State and the coaches started interacting with her on social media at about the same time. 6'3 Post.... but has a younger 6'4 sister that will be a big time recruit in 2-3 years named Madison.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Butler just landed another big in-state prospect for 2016. 5'10 Guard Delicia Washington...ranked #53 in the nation by ASGR. Plays AAU with fellow 2016 Sydney Searcy.... also with 2015 Jonell Williams who I think will commit to UF soon.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    It would be nice if Williams had some connections to Florida that would cause her to really want to commit. :cool:

It seems like she is a fantastic player!!!
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Lol...Williams is all UF....if they don't land her I'd be stunned. Her dad is John L Williams who played at UF. The one I really want that we may have to work for is Destinee Walker.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  12. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    Let's hope that is right. Lisa Bluder was stunned, as I understand it, when Lorenzen chose against a double legacy! Let's hope the draw to be a potential All-American at the same place her dad starred brings her to the fold early.
  13. BigIgator25

Ratings Received:
    +142
    Saw delicia at a tourney recently and she is very very good. Her ranking will rise, colleges are gonna be all over her even with her commit to us. But I am confident she will stick.
  14. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +184
    Wow, I'm glad that Alhassan didn't try and pass that off as a dunk during a dunk contest! Losing control of the ball and banking it off the backboard then hanging on the rim does not qualify as a dunk.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. gene

gene Member

Ratings Received:
    +31
    Easton---any news to report lately? Am excited to see Amanda steadily take the program forward.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    It's been way too quiet on the recruiting front.... seen a lot more with 2016 than 2015. We are about 4 months from signing day but no commits for this year.... part of that is probably numbers. We graduate only 1 this year but 5 next year. We have a great start on replacing those 5 with Searcy and Washington already in the fold. The names I am watching most closely right now are Jonell Williams, Beatrice Mompremier, and Destinee Walker. I think what happens with those 3 will determine where we go from that point. There's bound to be some news before too long because time is dwindling. We also already have a nice advantage for 2017 though in addition to the great 2016 start. Jalaysha Thomas is all orange and blue and her cousin Tameria Johnson I would think is likely as well.
  17. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Apparently we made the top 10 list of 6'6 C Kalani Brown from Louisiana, top 10 recruit and the #1 post in the 2015 class per ESPN. Nice to see us on the radar for an all-american type, but I harbor no delusions that we can beat out UT, UCONN, etc. for her services. Maybe I'll be shocked, but I kind of wish the staff would focus on more attainable prospects (which to be fair, they seem to be doing a very good job of early on with the 2016 class).
  18. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    It was nice to make Browns top 10.... from most of what I have seen proximity will play a part....most consider her 3 frontrunner as Texas A&M, Baylor, and LSU. We did not make Destinee Walkers top 7 which hurts but hard to keep those types in state when they have schools that average 5,000 fans a game to our 1,000 on a good day. We aren't going to take many this year regardless. Mompremier will be hard to get out of Miami's backdoor but I really hope we are pushing for her and Williams. That alone would give us 13 for the next year and allow us to move Ronni to more of a 3. Even then I'd still feel better taking one guard this year too to balance out the classes...We have 2 committed for 2016 but lose 5 that year.
  19. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    An article behind the pay wall of the Palatka Daily News says Williams is visiting Northwestern and Ole Miss over the next couple of weeks and seems to indicate it is down to those two. Any news from those of you who follow this closely?
  20. BigIgator25

Ratings Received:
    +142
    Who knows what the coaching staff is doing this year?? Everything sems to be so secretive