2013 Picks Panel Thread --- Week 3

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RealtyGator, Sep 9, 2013.

1. RealtyGator

RealtyGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    …………………………………….All Picks……………………..Top Picks……………………Points
    RealtyGator…….………….19-6 (.760)…….…………..1-1 (.500)…………….…….18
    scamgtr....................17-8 (.680)................1-1 (.500)..................16
    dadx4 ......................12-13 (.480)..............4-0 (1.000)................16
    feartheswamp2009......15-10 (.600)..............2-3 (.400)..................11
    LetItFly.....................14-11 (.560)..............1-3 (.250)...................9
    atlantagator86............7-18 (.280)...............1-1 (.500)...................6
    ThePlayer..................13-12 (.520)...............0-4 (.000)..................5
    intimigator1................9-16 (.360)................1-3 (.250)..................4
    MiddleTNgator.............11-14 (.440)..............0-4 (.000)..................3
    Wormwood56..............9-16 (.360)................0-3 (.000)..................3

Week 3 Schedule SPREADS LOCKED

Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A&M
    Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5)
    Mississippi State at Auburn (-5.5)
    Louisville (-13.5) at Kentucky
    Kent State at LSU (-37.5)
    Ole Miss at Texas (-2.5)
    Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-13.5)
    Tennessee at Oregon (-28.5)
    UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5)
    Ohio State (-16.5) at California

*** PICKS DUE FRIDAY ***
  2. RealtyGator

Ratings Received:
    +30
    Due to there being less than 10 SEC games this week, we have two other games on the schedule this week...
  3. feartheswamp2009

feartheswamp2009 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Top Picks:
    Bama
    Louisville
    Lsu
    Ohio St.

Regular Picks:
    Miss ST.
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Oregon
    Ucla
    Arkansas
  4. feartheswamp2009

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Week one went great got crushed last week though so im going big with 4 top picks to catch back up Go Gators
  5. RealtyGator

Ratings Received:
    +30
    With four top picks,it's more likely you are going to slide further back in the pack :wink:
  6. feartheswamp2009

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Your probably right but im in the mind set of hit big then play smart or keep betting big until you get there lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Gator Country
  7. flgator79

flgator79 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +30
    picks

Top Picks:
    TX A&M
    Louisville
    Lsu
    Ohio St.

Regular Picks:
    Miss ST.
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Oregon
    Ucla
    Arkansas
  8. RealtyGator

Ratings Received:
    +30
    But you were in first place after last week....why not begin to play smart then? :nervous smile:
  9. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +825
    Not on the panel, but I think A&M runs bama out of the stadium Sat. Hope I'm right.
  10. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,401
    Top Picks: Texas A+M, Louisville and South Carolina.

Ok, last week was brutal, so here we go.

Give me:

Texas A+M
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Louisville
    LSU
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Tennessee to cover!!!!!
    Nebraska
    Cal
  11. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    I'm not on the panal, I am picking for fun:

Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A&M

I hate Johnny Geekball but in a one game scenario he is not to be underestimated. I do not watch football to see him. I probably won't even watch this game. TXAM and their fans will be jacked. But, who cares? Bama is a no nonsense take no prisoners team. I would pick Bama and be done with it but Bama sucked against VT and needed ST's to win. That was no fluke. Bama is not Bama this year in my opinion so I am going to hold my nose and take the 8.5 points.

Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5)

Interesting match up. So Miss is a team that has a history of playing the SEC tough and winning now and then. Yet, I don't recall them playing ARK very often. I think ARK is better than last year and committed to running the ball and I think they will win but not by 21 against a decent team. The Hogs will take their foot off the gas to save something for SEC play. Take the points.

I bet Dan Mullen knows what all the other coaches before him at MSU found out. MSU is a graveyard. Auburn is on the rise and MSU is just there. Lay the points and take the home favorite.

Louisville (-12.5) at Kentucky

It sucks this line got so high. It started at 7 or 8. LOU is the real deal. KY lost last week to W KY. That isn't good. Lay the points and hope KY lays down like rabid dogs in the street.

I hate Mecklinberger but all he has to do this week is hand off and ask people what the score of the Bama-TXAM game is. I do not think LSU covers. I don't think they care. I have no idea actually. Even if LSU isn't trying they should kill Kent St. Why is this "game" air quotes even being played? I refuse to pick it because this a joke. This is an insult and fans should not show up or talk about this "game" air quotes.

Ole Miss at Texas (-4.5)

Wow, Texas is in turmoil. Texas is barely over 500 since losing to Bama for the NC. Mack Brown has tried everything and his players play a lazy brand of football where tackling is optional. When BYU rings up 500 yards on the ground you have real issues. Yet, the game is in Austin and if Texas has any pride what so ever they should cover this spread and I think Bevo does have pride. I think they are mad as hell TXAM is in the SEC and they aren't. I am going to lay the points.

Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-12.5)

So Car is good but fell behind to UGA and couldn't catch up. Actually, I think they kept catching up but kept falling behind again. Still, they are good. Vandy gets way too much respect. I don't think Vandy is all that good, really. I expect So Car to win by more than two TD's so lay the points.

Tennessee at Oregon (-25.5)

This line started at 28. I think Tenn hangs around some. I also think Tenn is capable of pulling the upset. I will be happy to take 25.5 points and the Vols. This would be my top pick if I were using real money.

UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5)

Nebr gave up 600 yards of offense to Utah st or something in week one. That is pathetic. UCLA has a smart, young coach who is building something there. I get the feeling players hate playing for Pelini Nebr's coach. He is always yelling. He needs to lighten up. He will after UCLA wins by at least a TD. This would be another top pick for me if I was using real cash.

Ohio State (-15.5) at California

Upset alert! The always over rated big-10 takes on a Pac-12 team they beat handily last year. I believe Cal let me down against NW or someone last week but I really like their chances this week. If they have any pride. If their mommas are good. There are some hot mommas in Cali so take the points and the Bears.

Bonus picks:

VT at ECU the Pirates getting 7. I love the Pirates but VT is an ACC team and they can't lose this game so give the points.

MYD at UCONN the Huskies getting 7. Another interesting game. I'll stay with my ACC team and lay the points. I am just picking for the team I want to win to be honest and I have done zero research. It is lunchtime. I am starving. I don't have time for no stinkin' research.

LOU-Monroe at Wake Forest WF getting 3. I don't know much about either team. LOU-Mon is basically a community college, I am sure, and WF requires athletes to read and go to actual classes with actual teachers and actual assignments. That doesn't leave much time for football but in Jim Grobe I trust take the library goers over the Swamp people.

Nev +35 at FSU. FSU's QB was the object of ridicule on this board before the Pitt game. Not so much after the Pitt game. UF fans here had a lot of laughs about how FSU fans, all lumped together usually, were high on Winston and he would probably flop just like Rix and EJ and everyone else since Wienke. Well, he might but he is off to a great start. 35 is a ton of points but I am in a charitable mood so lay the points ... no, wait, FSU doesn't have a lot of healthy backs and JW will be off the field by the 3rd qtr so take the point and hope JF looks ahead to next week.

GT should beat Duke by more than 8.5 although Duke beat Memphis last week in a game the ACC used to always lose. Duke is now winnning games like that helping FSU's SOS. I've heard rumblings that this could be the best GT in 15 years.

BC +14 at USCw. Kiffen is in deep trouble. His team has two clown QB's. USCw doesn't seem real interested in running the ball. It takes too much time. It requires effort. USCw seems like a total train wreck along with TX so far. I say BC keeps the ACC love going and hangs around so take the 14.

UCF at Penn St. getting only 6. Hmmmm. Only getting 6 against a traditional power. Oh, how th emighty have fallen. I think UCF wins so take the points.

WISC at AZ State. The Sun Devils giving 5.5. Wisky is good but so is AZST. I like speed so lay the points. Good luck with your picks. UF will be back and deadly (they are madder than hell) next week against Tenn. UF is a top 10 team by the end of the year.
  12. RealtyGator

Ratings Received:
    +30
    The spreads are now locked.

BTW, anyone is welcome to comment on the games in this thread, not just panelists...
  13. igabradley

igabradley Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +317
    disagree with cecil on texas v ole miss. texas has not solved their d problems in a week. also no way i'd bet real money on tenn or cali.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LetItFly

LetItFly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +372
    Texas A&M (Top Pick)
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Mississippi (Top Pick)
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    UCLA
    California
  15. intimigator1

intimigator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +87
    Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A&M Texas A&M
    Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5) Southern Miss
    Mississippi State at Auburn (-5.5) Miss. ST Pick of the week
    Louisville (-13.5) at Kentucky Kentucky
    Kent State at LSU (-37.5) Kent State
    Ole Miss at Texas (-2.5) Ole Miss
    Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-13.5) South Carolina
    Tennessee at Oregon (-28.5) Tennessee
    UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5) Nebraska
    Ohio State (-16.5) at California California Pick of the week

*** PICKS DUE FRIDAY ***

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=270816#ixzz2eh2aT2ki
  16. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +561
    Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A&M - TOP PICK: Bama wins a close game.
    Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5) - USM used to be a good program but lost to Texas State and has only 28 total points this year. Arky's not much better but still wins.
    Louisville (-13.5) at Kentucky - State rivalry game in Lexington. This game should be closer than the spread.
    Kent State at LSU (-37.5) - KSU gave up 41 to BGSU.
    Ole Miss at Texas (-2.5) - Ole Miss has some explosive young talent and Texas is a mess.
    Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-13.5) - USCe wins but doesn't beat the spread.
    Tennessee at Oregon (-28.5) - UTN has the speed to slow down the Ducks and play with them for at least a half. Just not sure they have the depth to win. UTN keeps is close until late in the third quarter.
    UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5)
    Ohio State (-16.5) at California
  17. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,979
    No time to break it down in depth.

Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A&M - Alabama 33, Texas A&M 21. Bama had two weeks to prepare and heal.

Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5) Arkansas 31, Southern Miss 14. Eagles not good on offense.

Mississippi State at Auburn (-5.5) Auburn 21, Miss State 14. Miss State has good D, but little O. Auburn is at home, and should cover.

Louisville (-13.5) at KentuckyLouisville 44, Kentucky 10. Charlie is going to make a statement.

Kent State at LSU (-37.5)LSU 51, Kent State 3. Miles doesn't mess around with mid-majors.

Ole Miss at Texas (-2.5) ***Top Pick*** Ole Miss 31, Texas 21. Rebs are surging, 'Horns reeling after BYU blowout.

Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-13.5) USCe 27, Vandy 17. Never bought Vandy's rise. 'Cocks at home and eager to restore defensive reputation.

Tennessee at Oregon (-28.5)***Top Pick***Oregon 48,Tennessee 24. Ducks are flying high, but Tennessee's improved defense may cover.

UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5) Nebraska 28, UCLA 21. Hard one to read. Both appear to have solid offenses and so-so defenses.

Ohio State (-16.5) at California Ohio State 38, Cal 17. Bucknuts are solid. Berkely is not.
  18. scamgtr

scamgtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +235
    Bama - I don't like picking this game, TAMU is the trendy pick; but I just don't see TAMU beating Bama when Saban has two weeks to rest and prepare.
    Southern Miss.
    Auburn
    Louisville
    (Pick of the Week) - I think the line on this game is light, but I thought that about UF and Miami - that didn't work out well for me.
    LSU
    Ole Miss - How is Texas favored in this game?
    Vandy
    Oregon
    - While I love SEC football, from what I have seen thus far, Oregon is the best team in the country. Tenn may be improved, but Oregon's offense has looked efficient and phenomenal these past two weeks. I think the biggest question they face until Stanford is can they cover? I think they cover at home against the Vols.
    UCLA
    Cal
    - OSU was nearly beaten at home last year by Cal, when Meyer was at Florida he seemed to struggle against the same opponents regardless of ranking (e.g., Ole Miss, Bama, and Auburn).
  19. MiddleTNgator

MiddleTNgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    Alabama (-8.5) at Texas A &M -- TOP PICK -- Johnny Football, at home, and points? -- I'll take it.
    Southern Miss at Arkansas (-21.5) -- Arkansas isn't good per se, but Southern Miss is dreadful and struggles against the run. Worrisome of a backdoor cover here.
    Mississippi State at Auburn (-5.5) -- ehh can't get a read on this game so I'll lay the points as I'm sure the refs will ensure victory.
    Louisville (-13.5) at Kentucky -- TOP PICK -- UL will murderball UK.
    Ole Miss at Texas (-2.5) -- big problems for Texas, but a little worried about the Ole Miss injuries so I'll take the home team.
    Vanderbilt at South Carolina (-13.5) -- I think Spurrier rebounds after last week
    Tennessee at Oregon (-28.5) -- Would love for UT to win, but I am not even sure it will be that competitive.
    UCLA at Nebraska (-4.5) -- the players want revenge after last year.
    Ohio State (-16.5) at California -- I think OSU struggles if Miller isn't 100%. Not sold on Guiton.
  20. hd80dun

hd80dun New Member

Ratings Received:
    +6

Are you scoring it the same way this year? If so then dadx4 should have 22 points. By last year's system he'd have 12 points for 12 wins plus 10 points for going 5-0 on top picks. That would be 22 points.

I figure even if you switched to 1 point for top picks he should be 12 + 5 or 17 points. So what am I missing?