2013 Gator Commitment #15: DE Jordan Sherit of Hillsborough High Schooll, Tampa FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    Class will be pretty much done by the start of the high school season. And you know what happens to Devon Stomp.
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    Hope the staff gets it right. But don't we have a couple already committed that will be EEs? I thought that would create a couple spots over 22 on its own. Then what if it turns out a few on roster now won't return the for 2014? 22 total seems light.
  3. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    85 is the number we have to worry about the staff will be ready if more roster spots open up
  4. kellgator

kellgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +12
    You can only sign as many kids as you have available scholorships. That's why running kids off is a huge advantage for "certain" SEC programs. "They" can sign 25 to 30 kids each year and just run off the ones that don't pan out. We don't have that luxury, so 20 to 22 recruits is all we'll ever be able to sign each year.
  5. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    I don't believe our staff will be as callous and manipulative as Bama's but I also don't believe ours will let players that cannot contribute stay on ship four years either. That would put them at a significant advantage. I'm sure we'll work it out and still expect a class greater than 22. Now, I agree we won't be actually signing 27-30 like some other schools seem to but if I understand the new rules correctly schools that were are more limited now as well. Honest, natural attrition should take care of everything, I think, so that most of the time we'll be close to 25.
  6. stomp_and_chomp

stomp_and_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I don't think that this will be that much of an issue... next year, however, is another story.

There are a couple of walk-on's on scholly, and they were already briefed that it's a 1 year thing. Plus there could be a couple of transfers... not a lot, but there's bound to be 1-3 transfers... can never really tell with that aspect of the game.

I think we also have room for something like 5 EE's that will count back to last year. I think we already have that covered with the guys we have committed up to this point, there might be room for another though, I don't know at this time, haven't really looked it up.

22 is the low, safety bet, at this moment. I think 25ish is looking more realistic.

Looking waaaay into the future, 2014 might be a 17-21 class. I doubt even as high as 21. But as long as we can hold over 1 2014 EE scholly for LB Kain Daub, then I think 2014 will be just as bright as our last class and just as bright as this coming class.

edit: sidenote - I also just remembered that if we used all 5 or 6 EE's that we have available for 2013, it will deplete our EE's for 2014. So we got that going for us.
  7. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    I'm confused about EEs. Last year we signed 23 total and a few of those(maybe more) are EEs counting to the 2011 class(I thought). So for sake of math, lets say we only signed 20ish that count to the 2012 class; wouldn't that mean we have as many as 5 that could be EEs to the 2012 class?

If true easy to see at least 25 in this 2013 class, with some EEs counting to 2012. If my math is right that would mean a few from 2014 class can be EEs counting to the 2013 class- because at 25-26 total in 2013 with a few counting back to 2012 we still have on NSD 2013 a class of 22-23, leaving some room for EEs in 2014.

Or, did the new rules make my thinking obsolete?
  8. UFOWNS

UFOWNS New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    The way I thought it worked was your EEs count back to the previous class, which now in the SEC is limited to 25... so because last year was 24 (-6 EE) 18 we can have as many 7 EE in this class? And since we are taking less than 25 in this class (minus EEs too) we should have plenty for 2014? Notice all the question marks hopefully someone can clear this up
  9. dakcman

dakcman Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    I assume you meant he would be a 5-tech DE in Bama's scheme?
  10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Will that be our choice or his? Heard he was a lean from the beginning, but also hearing about academic issues. IMHO, he has the best pure WR skills I've ever seen in a high school player. I sure hope we don't have to play against him.
  11. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    J Allen is a Gator if not VT not Bama!
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,219
    There's plenty of room enough for a couple more WR's and OL, and three more spots for DE's, but I think attrition will probably work out and give us a class of about 23.
  13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    Hope you're right. He looks like the best Buck prospect on our board.
  14. thedyc09

thedyc09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +103
    I always say the roster number is in flux, but the most accurate assessment is that 17 is the number before any attrition. Again, the 85 limit is what we have to worry about, and EEs and backcounting don't affect that. So 22-23 is actually high (expecting us to lose 5 between now signing day). There is absolutely no way we take 25+ unless something absolutely catastrophic happens to the roster.
  15. deep_threat

deep_threat New Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    He tweeted that there is a solid chance he will be playing with one of the Washington bros... Nick and Devon. Nick is obviously UF and Devon committed to the ole ball coach at USCe a few weeks back
  16. stomp_and_chomp

stomp_and_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Invited to The Opening today.
  17. deep_threat

deep_threat New Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Sherit and Ogundeko would be a nice 1-2 punch at DE.
  18. slmdLS1

slmdLS1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    I think Sherit is more of a Buck(as far as recruiting spots goes), which is why we'd take another DE and DT. Walker is a wild card there, if you take Sherit at Buck, Ogundeko at DE, Walker is your DT...or he is your DE if a DT wants in...but i think Ogundeko and Sherit are only a matter of time. Hopefully Walker wants UF in the end, that'd be a pretty sick Defensive haul.
  19. g8r925

g8r925 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +409
    Yes in deed, that would be :sick:
  20. UFOWNS

UFOWNS New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    A sick haul that is is actually pretty realistic. The other side of the ball has its issues but Dan Quinn and Bryant Young have been solid hires for Muschamp. Fiery guys with NFL experience who the players seem to love. Definitely a coaching staff I can see guys wanting to play for and I'm hoping for a breakout year up front on Defense