2013 Gator Commitment #15: DE Jordan Sherit of Hillsborough High Schooll, Tampa FL

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    DE Jordan Sherit 6-3 243 ****
    Hillsborough High School
    Tampa, Florida
    7.28.2012 Commitment

He is bringing his family dont expect a commit or anything but its good he coming back again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  2. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    DE Jordan Sherit

Zach's tweet...

[​IMG]

"DE Jordan Sherit said he & his parents loved #UF & he almost committed. But he still wants to go through the recruiting process some more."
  3. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    Zach's other tweet...

"2012 #Florida safety signee Rhaheim Ledbetter RT “@UFHeim: #GatorNation im ready to hit some people not to far from now Go Gators”
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    Is JS high enough on our board staff would take now?
  5. Nicho

Nicho Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +768
    My impression is that he is just a nose behind Demarcus Walker on our board, although that's based on absolutely nothing of any substance. (Hey, at least I'm honest about it.)
  6. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    Thing about DWalk is he's already listed at 279 and 6'4, likely more suited for inside unless he's cat quick. Rivals list DWalk at 4.6 which if true is pretty fast.
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    I don't think Sherit is a take right now unless we're taking more than two DEs. He's an awfully good prospect. I hope he ends up on this team. Want to make sure Tampa remains a Gator town.
  8. dakcman

dakcman Member

Ratings Received:
    +11
    6'4" 279 is fine for a 3-4 DE.
  9. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +369
    StrangeGator:
    That's right!
    That's my hometown... and even though all of us love Walker... I would not mind us getting Sherit on our team. The entire Tampa Bay area needs to be fostered... keep the Nolies and the Co-Canes outta there!
    Except for H.B. Plant (my former high school... which use to put out lots of Gators)... the Bay area has always, always been a Gator stronghold.
  10. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    I only lived there for three years, but was very fond of the city and high school sports in particular. We lived half a block from Hillsborough High. Great neighborhood, though I hear it's changed a lot since we were there in the late 90s.
  11. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +369
    Wow...
    You lived in that section of town that was, at one time... THE place to live in Tampa.
    Back in the 40's and 50's...downtown was just minutes away to the south and that part of the city, along with "The Peninsula" were the two places to be.

Both Hillsborough High and Plant were built about the same time and are considered having your "classic old high school" brick design.

I attended Gorrie Elementary just north of Davis Islands and even today, it is regarded as "the oldest continually enrolled elementary school in the nation."
    Built in 1889...
  12. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    We had a gorgeous two story Craftsman Bungalow on Branch Ave. about six houses north of the high school. We tossed an old sofa into our alley soon after we moved in. It was instantly appropriated by HHS students for their lunch time weed break. Loved that old building and always hoped I could send my twins to an old school like that. They would have gone to Broward Elementary if we had stayed. We've moved twice since then and ended up back in the Chicago area nine years ago. A month from now, they will graduate from a high school that is 139 years old.
  13. StrangeGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,139
    In terms of personnel, I don't think our defense is a typical 3-4. We still use more of a true DE type on the strong side. Floyd and Green split time there this past year, but I think the coaches would have preferred someone smaller and faster than Floyd and bigger than Green. Walker looks like a three-tehcnique DT to me, though he would probably be a DT in Bama's system. They are a true 3/4 and use five-technique DEs.
  14. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +724
    We would take both Sharit and Walker in my opinion.
  15. trustamerica

trustamerica Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +14
    Yes and another tweener!
  16. stomp_and_chomp

stomp_and_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Jordan Sherit's vist

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/12672/rivals100-de-considers-committing-on-uf-visit/

Pretty good news overall. Would love to see him commit.

But more importantly, this quote stuck out -

So I guess, at this moment, we have room for 7 more. I'm assuming that number can change based on players transferring out or leaving school early for the draft. I'm not sure what the EE situation is looking like, but I know we have a couple.

So, realistically, with 7 spots left, where do you see them going??

We currently have no DE's committed. DWalker's commit date is rapidly approaching (end of this month) and I am almost 99% positive he'll at least visit The Swamp 1 more time before that date. Sherit seems to be a lock, to me. He and his parents are digging the vibe, plus it's pretty close to his home.

Brantley was a great pick-up at the beginning of the process because it seems that good DT's are hard to come by this year. I am unsure if we'll pull another one with what space is left. Though, there is talk here and on some of the other sites, that with DWalker's size/weight, he could easily move to the inside.

And I am assuming one of those seven spots belongs to a Buck.

So would anyone else care to agree that our best case scenario, at this moment, with uncommitted kids is Jordan Sherit, Demarcus Walker and Jonathan Allen ?? It seem's like those 3 could lock up those positions and I doubt that any of us would have any arguments at all.

I'm also assuming that one of these slots will be saved for another DB. There's just too much talent to pass on, and with what we have on board now, I think we are in prime position to wait around and try to pull in one of the big names - Vernon Hargreaves III, Leon MacQuay III and Marcell Harris.

So after all that, that's 3 spots left... for what I am assuming is a QB, another WR and another OL.... There's also talks of a TE. Obviously, out of the remaining spots we have on Offense, Tunsil is the most important.

So it seem's that we need some guys to leave early or transfer out.

Having more than a couple guys leave school early for whatever reason gives us room to breathe. Then we can take another spot at OL, maybe another WR, maybe another DL. We can also have room to wait for some of the guys in the end. I am sincerely hoping we have at least 1 spot left on NSD. Would hate to not have a spot on NSD for a guy like Montravius Adams or Stacy Coley.
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    7 or 8 spots here is the break down imo

1 QB dont know who it is but we will take one

1-2 CB right now I am not sure we get any of the top 4 on our board-
    Adrien Baker might get that spot

2-OL not sure who yet

1- big wr out of the Stringfellow, Owusu, Robinson, North, Burse group

1 slot MAYBE- from Bailey, Davis, Benjamin group they will have to impress at FNL if none do then we will not take any of them

2-3-DL they will come from Walker, Sherit, Allen, Latham, Ogundeko, Rochell, Daniel

Dont think we get Adams. Most are saying they dont see Coley in this Gator class. Allen probably goes to BAMA.
  18. DieAGator

Ratings Received:
    +1,457
    Interesting.

So we have:

3 OL
    2 RB
    2 WR

1 DT
    4 LB
    2 S
    1 CB

If 22 is the number I think we take four on offense, three on defense.

On offense makes sense to take 2 more OL, 1 WR, and a QB(if necessary). Do we really need a QB just to have one? Would think QB only necessary if they can get a really good one.

On defense seems like we just get 2 DL and add a CB.

My guess is we'll hit 25 by end of season, plus don't we have some EEs that will count back making more room?

Lets talk what changes if we can get to 25. I think it depends on quality available. We really could live without a Buck considering we have a few prospects on roster and one of our four LB commits could fill in there, Lawson especially. We took a lot of DL last class(7?) and could certainly live with three in this class.

The DB board is spectacular, this is a class you wish you could take(and get) six. So maybe a DB? Gonna be hard to get six good OL but certainly that's a priority. Seems to me if we fill the 22 like I speculated above the other three would be, and could be just the best that's available regardless of needs and roster numbers because essentially our needs would be addressed at the 22 mark. So with that in mind 23, 24, 25 could be any of- OL, RB, WR, TE, QB; DL, S, CB.
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,930
    Yes we are taking a QB in every class and we need a QB this class.
  20. stomp_and_chomp

stomp_and_chomp New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Hrmm, I think no matter how you slice it, we are going to have to dance around a bit with the number of kids we can bring in. I think if we can get Sherit and Walker to jump on board our class is looking a little bit more solid. Every position will have a commit or more (besides QB and TE). After this happens, logically, Tunsil will have to shoot up to priority #1. And that would pretty much signal us taking in top notch recruits over decent talent who will commit on the spot or only need a couple of days/weeks to pull the trigger.

I can think of a list of about 20 kids to sit and wait for. But at the same time, I can think of about 20 other kids who would be wiser investments, considering there's a bigger chance we would pull one in.

And the season hasn't even started yet. What happens when someone like Devin Washington, who just won that camp MVP, blows up again and has a dominating season. Using him as an example, but other names come to mind.

One things for sure though, making a mock class is going to be rough this year.