19 Days On The Job And On Vacation

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by diehardgator1, Aug 23, 2013.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    Boy I need me one of those government jobs. Work 19 days and go on vacation to Ireland misses a very important UN Security meeting. Must be nice. Oh well her boss does it so why not her

"Mystery solved. America's ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power was in Ireland on a personal trip when she missed an emergency meeting on the alleged chemical gas attack in Syria, U.N. sources tell Fox News.

A day earlier, State Department officials were mum when asked for information on Power's whereabouts. She had come under fire for missing Wednesday's urgent U.N. Security Council meeting, where delegations weighed how to respond to charges that the Assad regime had just committed the deadliest chemical weapons attack in the country's two-year civil war.

The meeting, and her absence, came just 19 days after Power assumed the U.N. leadership post.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...gent-syria-meeting-sources-say/#ixzz2cpzZOJ4S
    • Like Like x 1
  2. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Politicians....God I hate them...again, all career pols and I don't care who they are..dems, pubs, all of them are what they are...career pols...it's time to clean house...too much corruption from ALL sides...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. boligator

boligator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Sorry...just venting on a Friday night...
  4. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,785
    Not sure how Power in particular merits broad bipartisan laments. She is who she is, appointed by who she was appointed by. In fact, those two things -- who she is and who appointed her -- give me at least some solace in that at least when she is skipping work, she isn't working.
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    Sorry for what? They all suck, although to some in here it's worse to rip them all than to rip only half of them, even if it's their guys you are ripping.
  6. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +550
    She'll be promoted before you know it.

CORRUPTION RULES!!!!!!
  7. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Don't begrudge her vacation and it was most likely planned way in advance. Why can't they just be honest at the initial news conference when asked the question? Of course it's the regime. That's why.