17 year old wins WV primary

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, May 17, 2014.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,643
    good for her

from the article:

Saira Blair won the West Virginia GOP primary by an 872-728 vote margin, beating out 66-year-old incumbent Del. Larry Krump of Falling Waters. While he painted her as inexperienced, she pointed out that she learned a lot from her father, state Sen. Craig Blair, R-Berkeley— plus, the job isn't all that hard, she added.

"I don't have as many biases because I am younger and so I'm more capable of taking the views of the people directly from the district to Charleston," the Hedgesville High School senior told The Martinsburg Herald-Mail. "I think I'm fully capable of doing the job, and I don't think its rocket science by any means— not if you just listen to the people."

Blair won't graduate high school until later this month, 17-year-olds who will turn 18 by the November election are eligible to vote and run, and Saira's birthday is in July. Now that she has won the primary, Blair seems eager to take on Democratic candidate Layne Diehl in November.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/new...ate-lawmaker-ever-119791/#GDqD5dZO4EIC6riL.99
    • Like Like x 2
  2. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Maybe there is hope. We'll have to see if she defeats the dem in the full election.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,378
    Well, good for her!

Go for it Saira! It's the USA, you're a citizen, you will be a legal registered voter by the time of the Federal elections in November. At your age your future is all in front of you. Your possibilities for achievements are endless!

And I loved her comments. Don't you just wish other politicians would take them to heart.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +545
    Nepotism has made America what it is today.
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    There are good seeds and bad seeds, but I understand your concern about nepotism. However getting elected on your own is not nepotism per se.
    • Agree Agree x 1