16 myths about the health care law.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorstooth, Sep 24, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,393
    there were supposedly 35 million uninsured-so the libs and prezBO decided to eff up healthcare for the 300 million who have insurance for them-typical of libs who ALWAYS want to make laws for the exception and not the norm
  2. fairfaxgator

fairfaxgator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    I assume you said the same about Iraq?
  3. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +779
    I found a whopper in Politicfact's second sentence of their first so-called myth. How clueless can they possibly be?

They should change their name to "Politimyth"

CORRUPTION RULES!!!!!
  4. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,843
    ???
  5. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Because healthcare is inelastic unlike other insurances. If you can afford it and you need it, you'll pay it. And since a lot of rich people will pay extraordinary amounts, it cause extreme inflation. Without government controls, most people would be priced out of healthcare. The free market does not work for everything.
  6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,375
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    #5 is false on their false. It's true that Congress will use the exchanges, but what Politicrap doesn't say is the exchange is one that only Congress has access to, which is a very nice gold-plated exchange.
  8. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +965
    And #10 is a big fat False on Politicrap. What they don't tell you is since 63% of all businesses in the US are those with fewer than 50 employees, these SBO will have to offer healthcare due to competition with those companies they compete with who have more than 50 employees. My wife had to offer healthcare to her employees over a year ago in preparation of Obamacare.

That also lead her to do 2 things - no more hiring and she still makes nearly zippo.
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +721
    What are you talking about?

There are not that many people out there who self insure or have the ability to pay for big procedures which is what "insurance" is suppose to be used for.
  10. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    fact is Gatorricks 'facts'; aren't facts---since Obamacare is not fully implemented. That means that all Gatorricks 'facts' are wishful thinking on his part. Fact is, Gatorrrick's 'facts' are fraudulent assumptions about the future. Words in Gatorrick's comments that indicate that is comments are projections and not facts are highlighted in BROWN for BS
    ----------------------------------------------

Fact is---prices are going up on the part of insurance companies. They are simply using the old tried and tested oil industry method of jacking up prices when new laws or items in news can be spun to create an excuse for the companies to pre-emptively jack up prices regardless of whether or not the excuses are valid. Bear i mind that such rumors are often created by the companies themselves
    ie---item in news that insinuates a rise in tension in Middle East---oil companies would jack up prices.
    notice that the oil companies don't bring down prices to pre rumor level once the rumor is exposed as un-true
  11. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    If brown highlighting means BS, you are on a roll this AM old.

Might want to get iut the hip waders!
  12. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +907
    ?????????????
    Post of the year. For most non-sensical post.
    I assume I'm probably one of those "rich people" by your measurements (I'm not, but I bet you would label me that), and boy, I just LOVE to throw money away needlessly! Let me pay three times what everyone else is wiling or able to pay for healthcare just to drive the price up!
    This makes no sense at all, not even in the Bizarro world. Maybe the mods will delete your post out of mercy for you, or maybe you could do us all a favor and delete it yourself so you won't feel embarrassed later.
    Ever occur to you the rich are rich because they DON'T throw money away? Or do you realize insurance prices are based on your health status, NOT your ability to pay? That's why young dudes are getting F'd by Obama, normally they would get policies for chump change, Obama wants to pay for all the freeloaders on the backs of the young who normally wouldn't even need insurance.
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +966
    That is interesting. So she had to offer healthcare because you would be unable to compete for employees without it. So it would seem that healthcare is being valued as part of a compensation package at a higher rate than it costs. So free market theory would say that you should be offering health care to those folks regardless of mandates.

If health care was not important, or worth less than the dollar figure it costs, you should have no issue not offering health insurance and paying some amount of the cost to the employees extra, pocketing the rest as firm profit.