$100 MILLION for 0 and Michelle to visit Africa

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Jun 14, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,545
    did I say that? no

you just want to try and continue to kneel down at the prezBO alter- I have no desire to support this guy in any way shape nor form

he and his wife are elitists who over spend on their life of luxury and the ........ does nothing but dig the hole deeper for this country

he ignores the issues of the day and would rather play glad hand with a bunch of nobodies and continue to give away our hard earned dollars-
  2. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    I think they are going over the visit the ambassador to Libya-oh wait, Obama let him get murdered, so it must be for some other reason.
  3. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,545
    wasteful as hell

from the article:

The trip comes as agencies across the federal government try to find cost-saving measures to deal with the massive, across-the-board budget cuts known as sequester, which kicked in this year after Washington lawmakers failed to agree on a more measured approach. The Secret Service, for example, pushed to cancel public White House tours to save thousands in weekly overtime expenses.
    “For the cost of this trip to Africa, you could have 1,350 weeks of White House tours,” Rep. George Holding, a North Carolina Republican, said last week. “It is no secret that we need to rein in government spending, and the Obama administration has regularly and repeatedly shown a lack of judgment for when and where to make cuts. … The American people have had enough of the frivolous and careless spending.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-up-to-100m-sparking-criticism/#ixzz2Wes3U66W
  4. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499
    "Among the related costs will be fighter jets; hundreds of Secret Service agents; a Navy ship with a full trauma center; and military cargo planes to bring 56 vehicles including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bullet*proof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. The details were reported by The Washington Post, based on a confidential planning document.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-up-to-100m-sparking-criticism/#ixzz2WfWV8HSP
  5. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,050
    So I suppose it wouldn't be prudent to have Hussein stay at a US Embassy while on the trip?? You could outfit the embassies during the building stages with bulletproof glass and a "once and done" scenario is in play. It would protect those who reside there, plus protect other US officials (Hussein would come to mind) when staying there.

But of course...a mere US Embassy simply isn't good enough quarters for the King.

This guy is a real piece of work. And yet so many in here KEEP defending him--his family--and his wasteful disgraceful spending as if money is abounding. His time in office can't end quick enough for us.
  6. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,545
    I have an aquaintance who has to deal with the entourage and he says they are arrogant, demanding and talk down to people- yes I know totally unsubstantiated- but I trust this person's honesty and integrity and he has ZERO reason to lie to me
  7. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +159
    #75 post

If we just sent Hiklary last year,why not Kerry go as a follow up.Why send the Presidential group for the expense.

What CEO's or Business reps are going?