Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

#1 player for 2019 visiting this weekend.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    8A31D102-DCDD-409A-8C5A-7DA1187ACE72.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  3. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Idk? Don't know whom he's including?

4. Diesel350z

Apr 29, 2007
    The #1 player in the nation Kayvon Thibodeaux was planning on visiting FSU today.... but instead he stayed in Gville today and cancelled FSU

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  5. Diesel350z

Apr 29, 2007
    Kayvon Thibodeaux, the nation’s No. 1 overall recruit, has wrapped up his two-day visit to Florida.

The 5-star defensive end from Oaks Christian High School (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) arrived in Gainesville on Friday and attended the first two practices of the Dan Mullen era.

“It was super fun. I really liked it,” Thibodeaux. “These coaches get after it. The practices are high tempo and they’re having fun. I’m not going to lie, it was pretty intense.”

Thibodeaux has visited the Sunshine State before, but this weekend was his first time at Florida. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound prospect spent time with several coaches and staff members during his trip, which concluded with a meeting in Mullen’s office.

“Coach Mullen is honestly a great dude,” Thibodeaux said. “I respect him as a man. I respect his morals. It was actually a great experience to talk to him 1-on-1 and really find out who he is.”

During the sit-down, Thibodeaux was able to hold one of Florida’s national championship trophies and took a picture with Mullen (see above). The first-year Gators coach made a strong impression on him.

“He’s just straight forward,” Thibodeaux said of Mullen. “He’s not a used car salesman like most coaches are. He is who he is. There’s nothing to hide or under his sleeve. What you see is what you get. He’s probably one of the most honest and respectable men I’ve ever met.”

Thibodeaux said he will definitely make a return trip, most likely for a game. The nation’s top-ranked player added that he can see himself attending Florida after spending a couple days on campus.

“I can definitely spend my college years here,” Thibodeaux said. “Honestly, it’s a great place. It’s a real college town. The fans are crazy. It’s big-time football with great coaching.”

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  6. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, if there is one thing we know about Americans, it's that they are among the worst in the world at Arithmetic, which statements such as recruited 6 WRs quite clearly shows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Geez, no need to insult my math skills just because 2x2 confuses me. Therefore, I attended UFs journalism school.. I consider myself the Good Will Hunting of words/letters.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Say hey to Ben Affleck for me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    USC
    Bama
    Would be a huge get but I'm sure the usual players are the teams to beat.
    Smart
    Meyer
    Dabo

10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    As soon as he gets out of rehab I'll tell him matherly says what's up.

Matherly says, Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms! Phantoms like a m-fer!

(NSFW)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Can't disagree with you but we couldn't ask for a better response from him re: his visit. Zach said it's going to be very difficult to pull him away from the west coast.

It's great that his mom was with him on his visit.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Don't know about the baseless shot at us Americans? But could it be a possible typo? And why the debate over a nonesensical #?

J/S

13. fl_champ

fl_champ Premium Member

Aug 29, 2007
    I love what this staff is doing. Hi energy and the recruits are loving it! Haven’t been this excited for Gator football since Urban.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    My fav! How did you know I watch it every day right before any Gator game?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    Sounds like these kids enjoyed their visit, and liked what they saw from Mullen and company. But I agree, getting these kids from the west coast are - hopeful, at best. I'd rather the staff focus on state of Florida kids ("Win the state, win championships"). I'd prefer to see a roster w/ 75 state of Florida scholarship players w/ 10 or so scholarships spread to out of state kids - like one or two of these west coast players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Only 10 from out of state? Our last national championship team had over 30, eight or nine of them were starters. UF's best classes have been 30% to 50% out of state. With the emergence of UCF and USF, we might see an even heavier mix of out of state players in the future.

17. nmd55

nmd55 GC Hall of Fame

May 24, 2007
    This has the making of being a top 3 class. The key is going to be LSU game on 10/6. I imagine this is the game most of the top recruits will be attending. We have 2 tough road games at UT and MSU but if we are undefeated heading into the LSU game the swamp will be rockin and there is no way we lose to Ed O. Will most likely be in the top 10 at that point.

I doubt KT, Pitman or Trey commit before October and this is the momentum we need to get this class to #1.

18. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    I'll take 75 Florida kids all day. IF we can land some top out of state kids, that's gravy. But if we want to start winning championships we need to focus our attention on winning the state of Florida first. Once we do that, then we can expand - as they'll be hitting us up wanting to come in. The early Charlie Pell teams were 95% Florida kids and they dominated. I'm not against out of state kids at all, but I think our priorities should be recruiting the kid out of Tampa or Jacksonville vs. spending too much time in California. If we're going to go out of state I'd rather our staff focus on Georgia and then other SEC footprint states vs. a west coast kid. That's just me though. As long as Mullen wins I don't care if he recruits in Canada or Siberia!

19. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Because I used to too!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    I not saying we'll get them all BUT these kids love this new attitude.

Intense, Up-Tempo, Having Fun...What's not to like?

• Agree Agree x 3