Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

#1 player for 2019 visiting this weekend.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    No. 1 ranked Kayvon Thibodeaux is visiting Florida this weekend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Any info on how the visit went?

My guess is that the Gator's chances for him are slim or less, but you never know with young kids.

3. fl_champ

fl_champ Premium Member

Aug 29, 2007

He hasn't visited yet. He will be here for the start of spring practice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chances are less than slim. He'll stay out West. Most likely Southern Cal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    I'm not even keeping track of him. Its a nice feather in the coach's hat but so many other Florida kids to give attention to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree. But I think thibodeaux, ishmael Sopshire, akeem dent and mycah Pittman are pipe dreams too. Im glad theyll eventually visit but i dont think theres any chance of them choosing uf.

I used to think Pittman would consider UF but not any more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So Pittman visiting this weekend is a bad sign?

8. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. Never said that. I just believe he's a long shot. Its always great to get them on campus. Getting them on campus gives us a chance even if it is a remote one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    EXACTLY - You can't get them if you don't try. Getting them on Campus is a huge plus.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess I am wondering why you "used to think Pittman would consider uf but not any more"

11. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    That's fair. I remember reading some info on him last year that sounded relatively positive regarding him leaving the west coast. More recently I've seen info saying hed like to stay closer to home.

Of course, I have no inside info on him and I'm just going off of what I've read/seen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Understood. I think his dad having played for the Bucs maybe makes the state attractive or home. I'm sure we will have a better feel after he visits

13. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I thought his dad may have some input on playing in florida too but now I'm really not sure anymore. Lol

14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm just not getting the warm and fuzzies. Hope staff can work some game magic this season. We need something that makes recruits take notice.

15. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Man, I hear you. 2 of the kids I listed are from cali...You know that usually turns out for us. Another is a top 3-4 player right in Lsus backyard. Ishmael has said a lot of good things about UF but it'll be damn near impossible to pull him unless your name is urban.

And Akeem Dent is an FSU legacy. Which stinks because he's very good and because he's a Palm beach county kid.

16. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    But as we mentioned earlier, at least they're willing to hear what Mullen has to say. That's a start.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The thing is that these are very young kids, still Juniors in HS. Things can move in a myriad of directions with such young men, but merely getting them to visit does put your Hat in the proverbial ring, which is much better than your chances of winning the Lotto.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Home College Football College Football Recruiting
    [​IMG]
    Florida Recruiting: Prized recruit Mycah Pittman speaks on upcoming Gainesville visit
    Florida is hosting a tremendous group of prospects this weekend and 4-star WR Mycah Pittman will be amongst them.

By Jackson Ramer -
    March 16, 2018

Wide-receiver is a position a team can always use in a recruiting class, no matter the depth. Despite Florida adding six receivers in the 2018 class (two transfers), the Gators are pursuing Mycah Pittman, one of the nation’s top prospects on the outside in the 2019 class.

The 6-foot, 190-pound receiver from Calabasas, Calif., is interested in the Florida Gators, and their message has helped land a visit from the 4-star.

“I’m very comfortable with the Gators. Coach Mullen and the entire staff have been wanting me to visit for some time now and I’ll be in Gainesville this weekend,” Pittman told Armchair. “I want to check out the school and see what Florida’s all about.”

Regardless of the program, it is always a tough task to sway California prospects to move across the country for 3-4 years to play football. Luckily for the Gators, Pittman told Armchair he doesn’t think the offensive schemes out West fit his style of play, which opens the door for colleges in other areas of the country.

“I don’t think the California schools fit me as a player and my style,’ Pittman said. “That could change with the new coaching staff at UCLA, but as of now, I don’t see California schools being in my interest.”

Pittman’s primary recruiter is safeties coach Ron English, who has ties to the state of California. English was born in Pomona, Calif. and played collegiate ball at UC-Berkley. English has been all around the country to coach football, and he’s been telling Pittman that Florida is a special place.

“He’s a down to earth coach — he makes jokes, talks trash,” Pittman said of English. “He’s telling me the atmosphere [in Gainesville] is different from any place he’s ever been, and he definitely believes it’s the place for me.”

Coach Mullen visited Pittman’s school early in 2018 and reassured the star receiver of his scholarship offer to Florida.

“It was awesome. I talked to [Mullen] on the phone before he arrived and I know he wants me. The Gator nation is amazing and this is really cool to experience all of this,” Pittman said.

Despite the receiver depth looking loaded on paper, Pittman envisions himself getting a taste of college football in year one.

“I feel like Coach Mullen will adapt to my skillset. I am hoping to work hard my first year, get on the field some, then translate that into an even better sophomore and junior year.”

Mycah Pittman will be on campus in Gainesville this weekend. Check him out on Twitter and on Hudl.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    How can one count 6 WRs this year? I count 3. Those are Grimes & Jefferson (transfers), and Copeland. Watkins appears to be starting at CB, but that would only make 4 even if you count him. Are you counting Wells, who's returning from Suspension? That's still only 5. Or does 6 include all the above possibles plus Iverson Clement?

That seems like a REAL Stretch in counting.