0bama takes Martha's Vineyard vacation on the heels of $100 million African trip

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Jul 21, 2013.

1. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Just as the furloughs are kicking in, too. This poor excuse for a leader is going on another vacation to one of the more exclusive parts of MV. Sad part is, his apologists will defend this crap.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ummer-vacation/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ZiJjNw4R
  2. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    just for context, the previous president spent 32% of his presidency on vacation

for the lazy, that is almost 3 years of his 2 terms

also took the longest single vacation by a president (5 weeks)

meanwhile, per April 2013, per a conservative study, Obama has played 115 hrs of golf, and has taken 86 days on vacation

86 days vacation in 5.25 years is 16.38 a year, which is less then my vacation days at my own work
  3. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    So you are saying that Obama shouldn't be taking this vacation?

Well done, 108... You seem to be on the road to recovery.
  4. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354

missed the last part

86 days vacation in 5.25 years is 16.38 a year, which is less then my vacation days at my own work
  5. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Too bad. I thought you had finally gotten past that "but Bush" group,think....
  6. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,354
    too bad you can't get past your own lack of historical context that caused your feigned outrage

86 days in over 5 years is paltry compared to previous presidents

so to answer your question, yes, the president of the US deserves vacation time on par with other average Americans
  7. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +632
    This isn't really that bad considering Obama spent half of his political career campaigning for his next position. Plus he's the only person I know of who wrote memoirs while just insignificant state legislator.

He's just living the vida lawyer!

CORRUPTION RULES!!!!!
  8. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    http://bostonherald.com/inside_trac...get_set_for_summer_vacay#sthash.R6YWlBuF.dpuf

I wonder how many of the "beautiful people" on MV look like people Barry was surrounded with growing up? Probably a lot of them -- Barry can talk about looking like Trayvon growing up, but truth is Barry grew up in a world of privilege. He plays the race card when it suits his talking points.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Two weeks on Martha's Vinyard, on the taxpayers dime is hardly "on par with other average Americans", don't you think?
  10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +700
    August 10-August 18 = 2 weeks? Did they shorten the length of a week?

And he was discussing time not destination. However, I would imagine that having him vacation at Disney World, a location not easy to secure in comparison to a place like Martha's Vineyard, would be of similar expense, since the primary expenses are the security issues.
  11. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,075
    Average golf game around 4 hours, not including time to the course and time back. So you are saying he has played only 30 rounds of golf? Don'y think so.He has spent a lot more time than that just shooting hoops.
    In fact he has played 141 rounds of golf and a round of golf take a good part of a workday
  12. gator_in_georgia

gator_in_georgia Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +624
    It is good to be the king. :whistle:
  13. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,702
    I would think a lot of people like it when he is on vacation.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +844
    Of course the resident libs will spin it to suit THEIR own needs. You are correct although you may even be shorting his actual time on the course.

"In an analysis of the presidential diary and newspaper reports, the Government Accountability Institute found that Mr Obama has spent 976 hours since his January 2009 election on holiday and playing golf.

In contrast, he has only spent 474.4 hours in economic meetings

"As a government watchdog group, we just tabulate the numbers and let others decide how to interpret them," said Peter Schweizer, president of GAI, which compiled the report."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...he-time-playing-golf-than-on-the-economy.html

The libs, in their self anointed arrogance STILL have to bring up Bush as they can't defend this Jackass in Chief. They simply can not defend him rationally--only by deflection and spin, then lie and deny. It is all they have.
  15. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    108, check your facts. That would be 115 rounds of golf. A round for better players is approximately 4 hours with an hour for warm up and another hour for settling bets and doing 12 oz curls.

No one ever accused George Bush of being lazy or being insensitive to those in harms way.

Most who know Obama (as in insiders, white house staff etc) will tell you if they are honest, that Obama is lazy when it comes to the business and hard work of governing. He is fond of campaigning so he can jump on AF 1, fly elsewhere and give an hour speech on a prompter.

BTW- I have no problem with he and Moochelle going on vacation. As far as I'm concerned, they can stay on vacation for the next 3 1/2 years and will do far less damage.
  16. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,629
    Africa was a drop in the bucket compared to the long term economic opportunities there, not to mention the political ones, that trip made sense.
    On the MV trip, there is certainly a level of tone deafness. He could easily say "hey we are not taking this trip, which will allow us to fund white house tours for X number of days". Or "I don't think it's right to take a vacation when so many Americans lives are affected by our inability in Washington to make a deal and avoid the sequester." Even if he didn't believe it, it would be appreciated by the public at large. He did give up part of his salary in April which was admirable, but that money would be chump change compared to this trip.

But with all of this focus on Obama, what have the house and senate done to save money?
  17. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +952
    I think the whole bush vs Obama vacation thing is absurd. Each side acts like the other guy isn't working while traveling, it's partisan silliness. Same ole same ole.

I do think it looks bad for the president to spend a week at an exclusive resort right before furloughs. Makes him seem aloof or out of touch, which he largely is.
  18. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +673
    More disinformation from the left.

George W. Bush was known to spend as much time in Crawford as possible, but the majority of that time was spent working. It's well known by the media or anybody who spent any amount of time looking into it, that Bush spent the majority of his days there working. He had a full staff, was fully connected and did quite a bit of Presidential business outside of D.C.

If you want to claim Obama is doing the same in Africa or at Martha's Vineyard, be my guest. But you and I both know that's not true.
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +700
    Bush also spent more time on international trips. It is amazing that state trips suddenly became "vacation." I am sure it is just a coincidence that it happened right when a Democrat took office.
  20. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829
    As of April 2013, Obama has been in office 4.25 years, not 5.25. That's 20.2 days per year. Throw in the sixteen total from Africa and Martha's Vineyard, divide by 4 years 7 months, and you have 22.3 days per year, all on our dime.