0bama praises Ho Chi Minh

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator85jd, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395
    Kennedy also just out and out ignored Ike on helping the Cubans against Castro. The result was the Bay of Pigs fiasco.
  2. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Objection, argumentative.

In any case, if someone claimed to gain inspiration to revolt against colonial rule by reading the Declaration of Independence, that sounds perfectly plausible to me. It's not necessary to endorse each and every act they ever perpetrated in order to recognize the existence of similarities. Jefferson was no saint either. In fact he was in bed with the Jacobins, who were probably as central an inspiration for revolutionary Marxism as can be imagined. Jefferson was an effete aristocrat who was both similar to and sympathetic towards those who incited and led the French Revolution -- a bloody chapter that took not only direct inspiration from the American Revolution but also direct fraternity with many of the founders in addition to Jefferson. History simply will not yield to your Manichean attempts to sanitize it.
  3. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    Only if he tortured and murdered them.

That's the basic response to anything from the Founding Fathers. Basically the race card.
  4. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
    You mean the slave card. It's a little more potent than the race card, isn't it.
  5. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,605
    I wouldn't say either one makes me particularly happy. Obama was simply stating a fact. You're the ones getting emotional about it.
  6. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,198
    As a person who has disdain for JFK, LBJ, and Nixon when it comes to Vietnam it is important to remember Nixon was believed to have intent to remove us from the war when he was campaigning. While I was not old enough to vote for him in 68 (the minimum voting age was still 21) I was a supporter of his and this was one of the main reasons.
  7. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +522
    Let's try this again, for the third time, and maybe it will be a charm. From a post directed to you that you completely ignored so you could write the drivel above..

OP said this..

"Either 0bama is ignorant and lazy for failing to research just who Ho was or, worse, Barry really believes this absurd horse crap. Does he really know how many Viet Namese this butcher murdered?"

It was more a statement about how disgusting it was of a sitting President of the US giving this butcher any legitimacy at all by mentioning him in the same sentence as our founding fathers. Your response was this..

"you're saying Ho Chi Minh wasn't inspired by Jefferson?"

..which completely ignored the original point that Obama was wrong to say anything remotely positive about Ho after his role in US and Southeast Asian history.

You then ignored my question about whether or not you agree that Obama saying what he said was totally inappropriate. Please respond to that before you try and deflect further form the original point of this thread and not the one you tried to turn it into..

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=266941&page=2#ixzz2aLqwXgyP

I will take another non response or deflection to this direct question as you agreeing that your hero was indeed wrong to bring any legitimacy to Ho this way.
  8. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
  9. RD_gator

RD_gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    Sounds like an unstable totalitarian system to me - see Pakistan (often goes from democratically elected govt to one overthrown by a military coup), and Egypt (after 1-2 years of elections, the people want to overthrow the current govt. while the military intervenes), etc.

In the U.S., one could say the government gets 'overthrown as you say it' when one party assumes power for a decade or two:
    - 1932-1952 (Democrats)
    - 1952 - 1960 (Republicans)
    - 1960-1968; 1976-1980 (Dems),
    - 1968 - 1976; 1980 - 1992 (Repubs)
    - 1992 - 2000 (Dems)
    - 2000 - 2008 (Repubs)
    - 2008 - present (Dems)
  10. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    The slave card. I like it.
  11. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    It's a little game river plays with himself when he posts on here. Most posters have come to expect that from him.
  12. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +627
    Why would he even want to bring up Ho chi minh? What did it accomplish, other than kissing up to another country? What is his obsession with this rhetoric to leaders of other countries. To me, it is not diplomacy and apparently not to other countries, as our leadership in the world has diminished.
    Who gives a damn if Ho chi minh was inspired by our forefathers. Their comments should inspire evryone. They were men of their time and racists comments about them is like most all liberal comments, BS.
  13. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
    The founders who owned slaves were hypocrites.
  14. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +627
    Is a hypocrite one who says one thing and does another? If so, welcome to the club Obama and every politician and practically everyone who was ever born to this world.
  15. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,605
    No, he wasn't wrong. Simple enough answer.
  16. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Exactly. So let's not pretend that the DoI is a holy relic and only the elect are allowed to be inspired by it.
  17. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    It started with Hussein's Apology Tour. He's perplexed that Russia, China and a boatload of banana republics ignore him (and unfortunately the United States, which he's dragging through the dregs with him) when we request help from them. Instead of acting Presidential, he kisses the feet of butchers like Ho. I suppose if the U.S. can survive 8 years of the Kenyan's "leadership", it's a testament to the survivability of our country.
  18. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Oh, I don't know, why would any President make a magnanimous diplomatic public statement about a nation with whom improved relations are sought, rather than preaching incessantly about their sins?
  19. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Well, it's apparent you don't get it and never will at this rate. Recognizing your limitations is admirable, though. Best of luck to you in the future -- don't give up hope.
  20. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +970
    Oh I get it all right. Obama is the Debil and you're determined to prove it. It was lame when the left did it to Bush and it's lame now when the right does it to Obama -- not least because it plays into Obama's continual casting of criticism from the right as relentless, facile persecution. There's enough to legitimately disagree about without having to concoct additional horse dung to serve as a distraction. You might be a perfect Manchurian candidate.