Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

“The Government was the Primary Source of Misinformation During the Pandemic and the Government…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Apr 30, 2024.

1. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Averages are a tricky son of a bitch aren't they? DTrump was the one pushing the vaccine for all of 2020, and liberals nationwide including this board didn't trust him. I don't blame them. Once Biden won and started pushing the vaccine, conservatives didn't trust him. I don't blame them. The truth is Trump pushed an unproven and untested vaccine during the height of the pandemic. Biden pushed an unproven and untested vaccine on the downslope of the pandemic. Both of these men ought to be disqualified from office for their pandemic related actions, as should any governor who mandated vaccines to otherwise healthy people.

And before anyone tells me to trust the government or trust the science, this is the same government who experimented with syphilis at Tuskegee Institute and scurvy with conscientious objectors during WWII. This is the same government that experimented with LSD on college campuses in the 60s, and the same government that sold cocaine in the inner cities to fund their black operations in other nations.

Screw the government and their medical experimentation. Same shit the Nazis did with the Jews, Poles, and other "untermenschen."

2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Your first post in this topic defines exactly what Bhattacarya is pointing out. You are using the exact same tactics the government did. In your case making a meritless attack against Bhattacarya. Par for the course. So spare me addressing the point.

Bhattacarya took Stanford on and they put their tail between their legs when it was all said and done. Because Bhattacarya was right!

3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Unproven and untested? All vaccines went through all three trial phases required before any drug gets to market. It isn't perfect, and the largest trial is only around 5,000 persons, so any side effect that occurs less than 1 in 5,000 may not be detected. But still, it is false to claim the vaccines were untested and unproven.

The reason why the vaccines hit the market so quickly was the inert portion of the vaccine had already been tested and approved several years prior. There was an mRNA ebola vaccine tested, but never distributed, because the virus had already run its course. The COVID vaccine has the exact same inert structure, so there was no reason to test this part again. Second, all COVID vaccine results were fast tracked and put at the top of the list. Usually, between submitting a trial result and the FDA report, there are months that go by while the FDA is reporting on other drug trials. For the COVID vaccine, all other drug trials took a backseat.

In the end, the vaccines saved thousands of lives. The only big negative side effect was the J&J clotting issue, which only affected about 1 in 100,000 women of birthing age. Something this low is unlikely to be found during a trial, especially when trials include all ages 18 and older, and both genders. The myocarditis of the mRNA? Very small amount of cases, and almost always mild.

Operation warp speed is something Trump got right. In the end, it wasn't even needed. The Pfizer vaccine came out first, and didn't receive a dime of warp speed monies for development.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    He got it done for you alright. Unfortunately it was pushed on an entire population with methods that are/were the antithesis of how medicine and science would have rolled them out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Trump failed in many ways. He had some really awful advisors for sure.

Make sure you get your Trump booster. The idiots in public health are still telling you to. Doctors on the other hand…

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    No, I took him in good faith, read his paper in its entirety (something that I am sure you have never done), and utilized my knowledge of statistics to realize how ridiculous it was. I pointed out the substantial errors, which are basic and substantial enough, given the background of the authors, to imply that they were purposeful. You haven't made an actual defense of his actions. Let me ask you directly: do you think that it is okay to recruit a sample from a population with a method that is likely to increase the number of people testing positive and use that sample to state the positivity rate for the entire population? A simple yes or no would suffice (but we both know won't be coming, instead you will drone on with your usual catchphrases).

He did no such thing. Just because you wrote a fiction in your mind to make it heroic, doesn't make that fiction true. Stanford did not rescind their assessment of the working paper, nor should they because it was factual.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Watching Narrative vs. Controlled Opposition.

I surmise that Narrative is hopelessly ahead, if only by default, as it has so little of the media in its corner.

To cite just one example of the media in lockstep with the narrative, regurgitating public health talking points - and never carrying the cause of dissident voices - I recall our Governor’s daily press briefings during early lockdown.

After the governor and state health marm drones on about “science and data” for 45 minutes, the press was permitted to ask questions. Day after day what followed was a media snitchfest, reporters asking why this or that business was allowed to remain open and later, why this or that establishment was not requiring masks.

Bhattacarya is a germ-theorist who promoted whackcines, but little doubt his proposal would have been altogether less disruptive because, as I understood it, it would not have involved putting the healthy under soft house arrest.

Mass-Formation Psychosis top to bottom and the so afflicted still defending their derangement tooth and nail.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I am not talking about a paper you did not like. I am talking about Stanford attempting to silence Bhattacarya. He absolutely took the president on and the president was put in their place.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    An outright admission that you can't or won't talk about his work will suffice to end my involvement on the thread. Good luck with the rest of it!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’ll talk about his work. Bhattacarya would have been 10 x better than Fauci and Birx at the top, your average chiropractor 10 x better than Bhattacarya.

11. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    I stand by what I said. Just because it was tested on 5000 people doesn't mean it has stood the test of time, with billions (maybe trillions) of doses administered, like most other vaccine delivery systems. In that way it was still experimental, or as I said before, unproven and untested.

Second, I question how many lives have been saved due to vaccines. Please explain your data and rationale behind the claim of thousands of lives. I'd be glad to read it and declare myself wrong if I am.

Last, the larger point of the post you quoted me on tells me we disagree on the purview of government. Your view of Operation Warp Speed being right is polar opposite of my view that government used the populace as medical guinea pigs, a historical precedent going back as far back as WWI (maybe earlier?). We will just have to disagree on that point.

12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm not familiar with this, google isn't helping out, what happened between Bhattacarya and Tessier-Lavigne?

I know that Tessier-Lavigne was often attacked in the press for allowing Scott Atlas to publicly foster falsehoods and misrepresentations of science.

13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    What misrepresentations did Atlas foster ?

14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Many papers on the efficacy of the vaccine. Here's one from the Lancet. And a third.

The mRNA vaccine is based on the same basic science of all vaccines. Inject the body with something with the mRNA that triggers the immune system while not causing the person to become ill. In the past, scientists had to infect thousands of usually chicken eggs and wait until they could isolate an attenuated virus that had the proper mRNA but didn't cause the person to be sick. New technology eliminated the need for this practice. No need to isolate an attenuated virus when you can simply inject a person with the proper mRNA strand.

The mRNA vaccine is safer and proven to be effective. One risk eliminated with the mRNA vaccine is an attenuated virus mutating again back into a virulent form of the disease. Meaning people being inoculated are actually being infected with a disease agent. No risk from this from mRNA only.

As for historical precedent, yes, the government has used people as guinea pigs in the past. But rarely out in the open. Everything about the COVID vaccine was done in public, in full view of everyone, happening on a global scale. So either this was the largest experiment in the world? Or, it was just a response to the latest global pandemic, which thankfully, usually only happens about once every 100 years or so.

15. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    No, averages are pretty simple. And the vaccines saved millions of lives.

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    And I’ve seen no lawn damage since spraying my lawn for unicorns. Millions of blades of grass were saved.

17. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    Please show me the research that shows the vaccine saved millions of lives.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Why do you doubt ? Also, the millions of vaccinated who died would have died much worse had they not been vaccinated.

20. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    It won't matter to you because you won't accept any of the many studies, but google 'how many lives did covid vaccine save'. Or just click on the search link below.

how many lives did covid vaccine save - Google Search