For the second straight year, fans can watch the Gators run around a field in March!
The Florida football program announced through GatorZone on Friday that its spring practices will begin on March 13 — and, more importantly for fans, that its practices on Friday, March 15, and Saturday, March 16 will be open to the public.
Things might be more interesting this season, as Florida moves from having to hide some of its quarterback competition on a far field at the Sanders Practice Facility to entering a season with Jeff Driskel as its unquestioned starter and from having a paucity of talent at wide receiver to a deep group of talented youngsters. These practices will also be Gators fans' first chances to see early enrollee Kelvin Taylor running around with the rest of his team.
But attending Saturday's practice may require setting the DVR to record some of the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament, as the No. 1 seed — likely Florida — will play on March at 1 p.m., at the exact same time Will Muschamp's Gators will be practicing.
Admission to the practices is free, and around 1,000 people showed up for each practice last year. Parking will be available in the O'Connell Center lot.
Florida Football 2013 Spring Practice Dates to Know
• Tuesday, March 12: Pro Scout Day, 10:30 a.m., Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (open to public)
• Wednesday, March 13: Spring practices begin
• Friday, March 15: Open practice No. 1, 4:35-6:35 p.m., Sanders Football Practice Fields (open to public)
• Saturday, March 16: Open practice No. 2, 1:05-3:00 p.m., Sanders Football Practice Fields (open to public)
• Saturday, April 6: Spring game (2013 Orange and Blue Debut), 1 p.m., Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (open to public, admission $5)