Originally Posted by tupacbiff
It will be very interesting to see where he picks. It will say a lot about him as a person.
I agree. My outsiders view of his five finalist are:
1. Michigan State: He would be a bad fit there. He would certainly learn toughness and defense, but might not get the polish to go to the NBA quickly.
2. Duke: He would be going to a place with a suspect record for bigs, if he went there. He would also be going into a very crowded depth chart at the 3 his preferred situation.
3. BYU: He would be going to a good offense for him and they certainly would feature him. He would also be going to the college of his faith. He would though not be going to a place that would maximize his national exposure.
4. UF: UF's offense would fit him well. He would learn defense at UF but unlike MSU not at the expense of developing offensively. The depth chart is somewhat crowded but not as much as at Duke.
5. Stanford: I am not sure why he is visiting there. If he wants to commit there, he needs to wait out the season and see if the coaching situation is stable. The only reason to go here is that Stanford is the best academic institution on his list, but UF, Duke and Michigan State are not far behind and the basketball is much better at each. Also he will get a fine education if he wants one at BYU.