Originally Posted by LAGatorDoc
When are you going to do the mock 2014 recruiting draft you talked about a month ago??
I think it's a bit early for a full-on mock 2014 class, myself...
But I got 10 guys who are most likely to be Gators.
1) QB - Will Grier - Seems to be the QB we like up to this point. I'm sure more names will arise, but if he commits early, we may never look back. We'll see what most of the big names can do next summer at the camps... Hopefully Grier can hang.
2) OT - KC McDermott - We absolutely have to pull him in. Top 3 Tackle next year. He has already visited and I think we have to be the favorite at this point. It's still early and he can go virtually anywhere he wants to. I think he stays home, like he wants to, and attends the U of F.
3) DB - Duke Dawson - Electrifying DB. Currently holding 4 offers (UF, FSU, Wisconsin, Tenn). He will be one of the higher ranked DB's in our state, if not the best. When Fred Taylor was asked if he watched any other FL HS kids besides his son, he named Duke. I think he is all Gator.
4) WR - Artavis Scott - Currently holding a Florida offer, among others. Small and speedy. He's a Tampa area kid, so we usually clean up there.
5) OG - Garrett Brumfield - This guys goes to High School on the LSU campus... but he is showing some real interest. I think he just wants to get away from Louisiana... Kinda like Tunsil with Florida this year. It's a long shot, but if he is serious, we would snap up his commit asap. He may turn out to be one of the top OG's in the nation.
6) LB - Raekwon McMillan - If we are choosing to pass on Kain Daub, then McMillan is the guy we need to target. He already has an offer from us and just about every other major BCS school. We do good with kids from Georgia... I am hoping Boom makes this kid one of his top personal recruits.
7) DT - Khairi Clark - 6'3" / 311. Kid is a beast. He has a ton of SEC offers along with offers from Clemson, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame and Wisconsin, among others. I think this one is going to end up being an in-state tug-of-war. Hopefully we can win out. Clark and Valentine would be a good combo for this class.
8) WR - Ermon Lane - He will be one of the top WR's in the state. He is waiting on the Gator offer, but he is already being courted by the likes of LSU, Miami, Alabama and FSU. Bama and FSU are his leaders, but it's looking like we would instantly join a 3-way race if we were to offer.
9) DE - Bryson Allen-Williams - WDE from Georgia. Looking like a pretty good target. This position looks weak to me, but Allen-Williams is a legit target. Could be a Buck candidate.
10) RB - Sony Michel - Though, as GatorAZ pointed out, he'll probably commit to one of our rivals, but we will be taking a shot at the states best RB. We have a shot as good as any. I am hopeful, but I don't think we have much of a chance. But with my tenth selection, I had to put the best RB available, as after Michel, it will be a pretty sharp decline, talent-wise.
Ryeshene Bronson and Travonte Valentine are ideal building blocks. Both are looks like they will be in the top 3 of their positions in the state. Both seem to be all in.
The FSU player to flip will be DeMarcus Christmas. Even though he is a relative new commit in a cycle that hasn't even started yet. We still have a good chance to sway him.
Getting Christmas and Khairi Clark to go with Travonte Valentine would be an amazing feat.