Originally Posted by HudsonGator
1) I am not really sure what point you are trying to make. I said it is "entirely possible." Read first, type second.
2) I suppose we need to define the term "a lot."
3) Regardless, I would be perfectly fine with the same limitation on the ownership of machine guns also being placed on semi-automatic assault weapons. How's that for compromise?
4) You simply refuse to address the issue. One more time, we already limit the ability of citizens to defend themselves with machine guns, how is applying that same limitation to assault weapons any different?
1) It is entirely possible that your hypothetical is equally not true.
2) You can pull the ATF/Treasury statistics and define whatever you like.
3) I agree, you want them confiscated, but failing that, registered. I get it.
4) We regulate the ability of citizens to possess automatic firearms. We do not regulate the ability of citizens lawfully possessing them, from using those firearms to defend themselves. You know, just like the folks lawfully possessing your favorite firearm, the "assault weapon."