Women’s golfers win home tourney
The Gators’ women’s golf team was able to capture its second straight victory at its home event, the SunTrust Gator Women’s Invitational.
The No. 20 Gators carded the second-lowest team total in tournament history with a 54-hole total of 864, which equates to a 24-over par.
“I’m so proud of how my team played all three days but in particular the last two. They played their hearts. They faced quite a bit of adversity the second day and just kept grinding today,” said coach Jan Dowling. “It was a close match between Alabama all day and we just played hard. We went back and forth all day and it was just really great we were able to finish it off at home against such a good field of teams"
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Bracketology (UberTiger @ 08:14 AM)
- For those of us who grew up in the 60's (alphaOmegator @ 08:13 AM)
- Davis visits Wynn (Gator1865 @ 08:10 AM)
- RIP Zach Sobieski... (alphaOmegator @ 08:10 AM)
- The Voice (grayg8rstevo @ 08:10 AM)
- Words that aren't used enough.... (grayg8rstevo @ 08:07 AM)
- Game... Three Word Story, you add 3 words to continue (grayg8rstevo @ 08:02 AM)
- Ryeshene Bronson no longer a Gator commit (UberTiger @ 08:02 AM)
- Todd McShay on UF secondary (GATORAZ @ 08:02 AM)
- We have a serious problem... (JAWS @ 08:01 AM)