Soccer takes down Auburn in OT
AUBURN, Ala. - The first goal for junior transfer Adriana Leon is golden as the No. 22 University of Florida soccer team (4-3-1, 1-1 SEC) claimed a 2-1 overtime win at Auburn (4-5-1, 0-2 SEC) Sunday afternoon in front of a AU Soccer Complex crowd of 831.
Leon, who joined the Gator team this fall after playing for Notre Dame the last two seasons, ended the match with just 32 second remaining in the first overtime. The play started after an exchange of glances between Leon and Erika Tymrak led to a quick free kick after Auburn committed a foul above their box.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Pacers -vs- Heat (Swamp_of_Gators @ 11:00 PM)
- Todd McShay on UF secondary (Gatorrick22 @ 10:42 PM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (Gatorrick22 @ 10:37 PM)
- are special effects adversely affecting some movies? (Gatorrick22 @ 10:31 PM)
- I want another National Championship - NOW! :) (TheGator @ 10:08 PM)
- EJ Manual says Bills offense is easier than FSU's (GatorAvatar @ 09:54 PM)
- 2013 Florida Gators Football Schedule (RayGator @ 09:50 PM)
- Fan day set for August 17th (RayGator @ 09:46 PM)
- CBS announces kickoff time for World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (malscott @ 09:37 PM)
- I guess we can call Larson a transfer now (Gator_Joe @ 09:35 PM)