No. 1 Gym Gators rally for road win
The No. 1 Florida Gators gymnastics team (10-1, 5-1 SEC) concluded its regular-season road schedule Sunday afternoon with a comeback victory in No. 6 Nebraska’s (10-2, 2-0 Big 10) Bob Devaney Center. In front of more than 2,000 people, the Gators edged out the Huskers 196.95-196.825.
“I think we did a good job,” Florida coach Rhonda Faehn said. “It certainly wasn’t one of our best competitions, but they showed a lot a passion and a lot of fight, especially coming around on the last event. I’m really proud of how they did under the circumstances.”
Sunday’s meet was a double-dual as Nebraska men’s team hosted Arizona State. Coach Rhonda Faehn sees this as a great learning experience for the team and believed they handled the different atmosphere well especially for the situation they were in heading into the final rotation.
Want the rest of the story? Join Gator Country and get the REAL inside scoop from the Insider Authority on Gator Sports! Don't miss out and get IN today!
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- JUST IN: Florida advances to Super Regional (ThePlayer @ 12:00 AM)
- JUST IN: Florida to fourth straight Final Four (ThePlayer @ 11:58 PM)
- Recruit Loses Ship For One STUPID Reason! (Spleezy @ 11:55 PM)
- Black Softball Uni would be sweet for football (PIMking @ 11:45 PM)
- Babes Thread part deaux (anstro76 @ 11:37 PM)
- Star Trek Into Darkness. (Gatorrick22 @ 10:55 PM)
- Iron Man 3 (toon66 @ 10:55 PM)
- Oh man I shouldn't have done that. (Gatorrick22 @ 10:52 PM)
- Brooklyn Bar Holding First-Ever "Smallest Penis Contest" (Gatorrick22 @ 10:50 PM)
- Derrick Rose... (PIMking @ 10:32 PM)